56 (62.9%)
Indifferent
18 (20.2%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: September 17, 2009, 11:20:08 AM

deiseach

Quote from: Clown on September 10, 2009, 11:46:51 AM
it also disgusts me to see irish men support england in any sport
we are all GAA people on this board, and probably predominantly from nationalist backgrounds (the northerners anyway), so why support the country we were at war with for decades?

Because I married one of them, Gord bless 'er.

full back

Any chance of sport & politics not being combined on this occasion...........................thought not :-\

clarshack

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 10, 2009, 11:58:29 AM
No, i take great pleasure in seeing them beaten in every sport.

me too.

they wont be far away in the world cup but they wont win it.

there's 2 or 3 positions in which they will be exposed in by a top side like Spain.

Clown

i was only giving my opinion on whether i support england or not and the reason behind it
if thats a political reason - so f**k

Aerlik

Quote from: clarshack on September 10, 2009, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 10, 2009, 11:58:29 AM
No, i take great pleasure in seeing them beaten in every sport.

me too.

they wont be far away in the world cup but they wont win it.

there's 2 or 3 positions in which they will be exposed in by a top side like Spain.

Ah feck, that's the kiss of death for the rest of the teams, and the hoors will probably win it.  Noooooooooooooooooooo
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Doogie Browser

Any Welsh or Scottish fan worth their salt detests them too in fairness.

nifan

I do not wish them well at all.
Them not qualifying for the last major tournament cheered me up greatly, so I am dissappointed they got through so easy this time.

deiseach

Quote from: full back on September 10, 2009, 12:04:38 PM
Any chance of sport & politics not being combined on this occasion...........................thought not :-\

International soccer teams wrap themselves in the flag. How are you meant to seperate politics from that?

rolloutking

Does anyone that claims to hate England so much support any premiership teams? I find it hard to believe that someone who hates the sight of Rooney, Gerrard and Terry has never cheered them on and wanted them to win, whether it be from supporting the team they play for or because they have their team backed in their Saturday bet.

I know plenty of people who claim to hate the sight of Rooney etc, but have seen them at five o clock on a Saturday kissing the TV screen and calling Rooney God because he has scored a last minute goal to make their accumulator come up.

The whole Im gonna free Ireland, I hate everything English, Im a persecuted Nationalist thing gets a bit old after a while.

Clown

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 10, 2009, 12:28:26 PM

Good point Doogie

at least they hav a bit of a backbone, not like some of the west brits we have on this island

Clown

full back

Quote from: Clown on September 10, 2009, 12:37:05 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 10, 2009, 12:28:26 PM

Good point Doogie

at least they hav a bit of a backbone, not like some of the west brits we have on this island

:D :D
Where is your armalite & beret?

I find England entertaining to watch & the further the go the more coverage there will be on the box

Aligned to a few Utd players in the squad makes me wish them well

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Clown on September 10, 2009, 11:46:51 AM
why do you wish the players well?
i personally find the likes of rooney, terry, lampard, owen, beckham and the likes sickening and very hard to like.

it also disgusts me to see irish men support england in any sport
we are all GAA people on this board, and probably predominantly from nationalist backgrounds (the northerners anyway), so why support the country we were at war with for decades?

call me old fashioned, bigoted or sectarian but i'll never support them.

No bother Clown... I once cheered against Britain in the wheelchair basketball at the Para-Olympics. Haven't a clue who they were playing...   8) 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hope they get tanked at everything they do, and I don't follow any English soccer (not that it's any of your business).

The one good thing about them qualifying is that (if Ireland didn't qualify) I'd still have 3 teams to cheer on at least.
Tbc....

rolloutking

QuoteThe one good thing about them qualifying is that (if Ireland didn't qualify) I'd still have 3 teams to cheer on at least.

You just said  that because your looking someone to ask you how you still have three teams to cheer even though Ireland arn't in it.

Que some story about how your Da is from France and your Ma is from Spain or something