Derren Brown - UK Lotto

Started by Shortso79, September 09, 2009, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: leenie on September 10, 2009, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 10, 2009, 06:21:44 PM
Quote from: leenie on September 09, 2009, 11:45:26 PM

how do u's think he done it then?

i can't believe he did predict them... if that was the case would he not be doing that all the time and be a multi millionaire, however i am intrigued to see how it was done...

it certainly looked impressive!

I think there was a light shining on the balls casting a shadow of the numbers on the white balls.

thats what i was thinking ... we don't know what the balls are made from, and behind them was a solid brick wall..... so i'm wondering was the numbers projected onto them

Possibly or even the explanation in my previous post. Its definitely a trick it has only got so many peoples imagination because its something as big as the lotto.

When he tells you it will feel like a anticlimax.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ludermor

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 10, 2009, 06:39:08 PM

Possibly or even the explanation in my previous post. Its definitely a trick it has only got so many peoples imagination because its something as big as the lotto.

When he tells you it will feel like a anticlimax.

No fukcing way!!!! Next thing you will tell me there is no santa  >:(

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 10, 2009, 06:30:54 PM
The left hand side of the screen could have been pre-recorded and played as split screen with the right hand screen live where he was standing. Mean while someone was putting the balls on the podium. All you can see is the pre recorded left hand side of the screen and think the balls havent moved.

I like that explanation the best, but you wouldn't need to be a skilled illusionist to pull that off, just need to know about cameras.

David McKeown

The thing that got me is that he did say it had been a year of his life to do this at one point, to me that suggests it is definately not impossible that he has pre-recorded all possible combinations.

On an aside i find some of his stuff really interesting.  I am front row to see in the Waterfront next March or April really looking forward to it
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mountainboii

Quote from: David McKeown on September 10, 2009, 07:20:45 PM
The thing that got me is that he did say it had been a year of his life to do this at one point, to me that suggests it is definately not impossible that he has pre-recorded all possible combinations.

On an aside i find some of his stuff really interesting.  I am front row to see in the Waterfront next March or April really looking forward to it

Are you wise? It would take him about 1000 years to do that.

nifan

13.9 million would be impossible to do.
If it took a minute per combo it would take 26 years (excluding toilet breaks)

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: nifan on September 10, 2009, 07:58:46 PM
The thing that got me is that he did say it had been a year of his life to do this at one point, to me that suggests it is definitely not impossible that he has prerecorded all possible combinations.

13.9 million would be impossible to do.
If it took a minute per combo it would take 26 years (excluding toilet breaks)

He was definitely bursting for a toilet break the way he was holding his hand over his face.

:D :D

That will probably have something to do with the trick i would say...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

pintsofguinness

personally I think he has a time machine.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

No audience,  no photo of the balls he had supposedly selected earlier.
There is no evidence at all that he predicted the numbers before the event.

The explanation could be as corny as the one for the 8000 punters selected for those horse races.

ONeill

I think we need to ask the question, did we actually see the programme at all. Did he do than brain boyo on us all with all the build up and when we turned over we imagined we saw the programme but were actually watching Gok Wan telling some lad he needs a new duffel coat. The youtube thing is an extention of that. Tomorrow night he'll do the same again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shortso79

Nobody had last nights winning numbers - except Mr Brown - but he is banned from playing the lotto - supposedly

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/lotto/results/prizeBreakdown.ftl

Saturday Night is a rollover wooohooo

Main Street

I predict it is going to be a corny explanation.
Popular exposure gained with some trick done in a darkened studio with no witnesses instead of honest to God decent acts of mentalism with interesting explanations.

nifan

Quote from: Shortso79 on September 10, 2009, 08:48:59 PM
Saturday Night is a rollover wooohooo

There will be 3million winners after derren tells us all how to do it tomorrow though - couple of quid each just!

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Galwaybhoy

If its as easy as that it will be a huge letdown, as I said you don't need to be a skilled illusionist to do that sort of thing.