Derren Brown - UK Lotto

Started by Shortso79, September 09, 2009, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Quote from: nifan on September 10, 2009, 03:26:54 PM
No idea how he would get them on the balls-  but he must have got them on somehow - he didnt predict it!

Correct

botman

Was the cameraman some guy on work experience? Why does it shake all over the place?

For sure this is a load of balls.

I'll get my coat...
Keep them at it.

screenexile

Have watched all of Browns shows and find him a fascinating character... If I remember correctly he once flipped a coin for 9 hours in order o get a sequence of 50 heads in a row so the man is dedicated to his craft.

I hate the way people dismiss him as a fraud and and say 'it's all a trick'... Of course it is he makes no secret of that fact, he's a showman skilled in misdirection and human behaviour and he uses a combination of these to pull his stunts. If people don't like him they shouldn't watch him!

As for last nites trick well who knows I think we'll just have to watch on Friday nite to find out the craic... Such a big deal has been made of it that it can't be as simple as a camera trick as that would be too much if an anti climax! Looking forward to Friday nite!

doirebhoy

at the start of the programm derren says he cannot bring people in, as he would not want anyone to benefit from it,
can you explain how can someone benefit at 10.25 from knowing the numbers, all terminals shut at 7.30

Main Street

Derren says that these 6 balls are his prediction made earlier on in the day.

He couldn't tell us what the numbers were because the BBC have first right.

How does the BBC's legal right to announce the lottery numbers first, interfere with Derren's right to show us the numbers he has predicted.
Is it illegal for someone to claim to predict the lottery numbers and say it in public.

Why could he have not got the archbishop to come with a polariod, take a photo and show us the photo after the draw

A Quinn Martin Production

Brown is a showman and entertainer and he's very good at what he does.

Dunno how he did it but the hand over the mouth during the "draw" looks a bit odd??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nifan

Aye QM, thats why i thought he was at something with the other arm - its very odd the way his hand is.

botman

He could have pre-record the thousands of possible outcomes? I wouldn't put it past him...

Or he could have been inside my TV. I'll check when I get home.

Keep them at it.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: botman on September 10, 2009, 05:57:55 PM
He could have pre-record the thousands of possible outcomes? I wouldn't put it past him...

Do you know how many combinations there are?

full back

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 10, 2009, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: botman on September 10, 2009, 05:57:55 PM

Do you know how many combinations there are?

13.9 million or so

Galwaybhoy

Exactly, It would be madness to think he pre-recorded the outcomes Bot.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: leenie on September 09, 2009, 11:45:26 PM

how do u's think he done it then?

i can't believe he did predict them... if that was the case would he not be doing that all the time and be a multi millionaire, however i am intrigued to see how it was done...

it certainly looked impressive!

I think there was a light shining on the balls casting a shadow of the numbers on the white balls.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 10, 2009, 06:21:44 PM

i can't believe he did predict them... if that was the case would he not be doing that all the time and be a multi millionaire, however i am intrigued to see how it was done...

I think there was a light shining on the balls casting a shadow of the numbers on the white balls.

Surely that would have been easily spotted when he turned the balls around, the timing would have to be perfect so no one would notice.

I'm intrigued by this, I haven't a clue myself how he did it.

The Watcher Pat

The left hand side of the screen could have been pre-recorded and played as split screen with the right hand screen live where he was standing. Mean while someone was putting the balls on the podium. All you can see is the pre recorded left hand side of the screen and think the balls havent moved.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

leenie

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 10, 2009, 06:21:44 PM

thats what i was thinking ... we don't know what the balls are made from, and behind them was a solid brick wall..... so i'm wondering was the numbers projected onto them
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..