Started by longrunsthefox, September 07, 2009, 01:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

botman

Keep them at it.

man in black

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 08, 2009, 10:29:12 AM
Quote from: man in black on September 08, 2009, 10:26:51 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 10:24:52 AM
I know I'll be sorry I asked, but how am I socially and economically dependent on 'mother England'?

Are you saying that the economy of Ireland is not in anyway dependent on England ?

If we are so independent on England why do ye want to be free Britain, maybe its about time you accept your British not Irish.

With the fine examples of Irishness set for us by a nation of cowards, maybe british would be the better option

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Galwaybhoy

Ye keep your Union Jack and Queen and we will keep our tri-colour.  ;)

man in black

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 08, 2009, 10:38:13 AM
Ye keep your Union Jack and Queen and we will keep our tri-colour.  ;)

Yep, a rich tradition as opposed to one invented in the last century and built on cowardice. Ye hadnt even the balls to turn away the nazis - preferring instead to get bummed by priests.

Billys Boots

I know I'll be sorry I asked, but how am I socially and economically dependent on 'mother England'?

Are you saying that the economy of Ireland is not in anyway dependent on England ?

I asked you a simple question, are you going to answer it, or are you going to ask me questions to deflect attention?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

man in black

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 10:41:06 AM

I asked you a simple question, are you going to answer it, or are you going to ask me questions to deflect attention?

I don't know your individual circumstances but as a nation your main pursuits are Eastenders and the English premiership. The economy of the 26 coward counties is intrinsically linked with England. Any economist will tell you that

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Man in black how is killing innocent men woman and kids with remote control bombs better than doing nothing
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

SLIGONIAN

wearebluewearewhite

I know your a WUM, but even still I find your avatar offensive, your a sick man. One of these prats who just does his best inciting hatred and bitterness. Extremely negative and lonely existance. But sure I suppose your only having the craic, no one else is laughing, the only positive spin I can put on it is we dont have to listen to you much paltry 98 post thank God. Any chance you'll leave all togther?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

man in black

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 08, 2009, 10:54:19 AM
Man in black how is killing innocent men woman and kids with remote control bombs better than doing nothing

Was your precious fee state founded on some "velvet" revolution ? Who was killing "innocents", the brit army usually with the blessing of the free state government.

Billys Boots

Quote from: man in black on September 08, 2009, 10:45:27 AM

I don't know your individual circumstances but as a nation your main pursuits are Eastenders and the English premiership. The economy of the 26 coward counties is intrinsically linked with England. Any economist will tell you that

Some interesting observations.  If you took the trouble to look through the posts on this board, you'd not see much reference to Eastenders (if this board is a reflection of our society, which it usually is) - I personally couldn't tell you very much about it, and I genuinely don't know anyone who watches it.  There are a few Premiership fans here, but most soccer fans here would agree (I'd imagine) that the real competition and quality happens in the Champions League, which is a European competition.  As time has moved on, I think we've become less and less 'close' to England socially, except from a retail perspective (sadly).  Maybe I don't watch enough television.

Any economist will also tell you that all countries who have the primary intention to feed/educate/employ/better their populations have intrinsic economic links with their neighbours. 

man in black

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 08, 2009, 11:05:41 AM
Quote from: man in black on September 08, 2009, 10:45:27 AM

Some interesting observations.  If you took the trouble to look through the posts on this board, you'd not see much reference to Eastenders (if this board is a reflection of our society, which it usually is) - I personally couldn't tell you very much about it, and I genuinely don't know anyone who watches it.  There are a few Premiership fans here, but most soccer fans here would agree (I'd imagine) that the real competition and quality happens in the Champions League, which is a European competition.  As time has moved on, I think we've become less and less 'close' to England socially, except from a retail perspective (sadly).  Maybe I don't watch enough television.

Any economist will also tell you that all countries who have the primary intention to feed/educate/employ/better their populations have intrinsic economic links with their neighbours.

The country most responsible for feeding/educating/employing/bettering you lot is England. Its the language you speak and the culture you most closely resemble/follow (usually 15 years behind). Irishness is alive and well in the 6 counties if you had the ballix to come up and look

man in black

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 08, 2009, 10:54:19 AM

Just on the subject of your avatar "26 is enough" - should Mayo and Laois even be considered as counties ?

cynic

Dublin is technically Irish, but it's culturally English.  Half the rich Southsiders speak with English accents; and half the poor Northsiders are obsessed with ye premiership.

Billys Boots

QuoteThe country most responsible for feeding/educating/employing/bettering you lot is England.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.  That's some record.

QuoteIts the language you speak and the culture you most closely resemble/follow (usually 15 years behind).

I think, if you were interested in becoming acquainted with facts, rather than feeding your particular bigotry, that you are referring to a media creation, which is confined to a small corner of Dublin.  If you travelled with your county team around the country to matches, I think you'd find something very different. 

QuoteIrishness is alive and well in the 6 counties if you had the ballix to come up and look.

I'm well aware of what is happening in the 6-counties, I spend lots of time there, but thanks for the information.

man in black

Quote from: cynic on September 08, 2009, 11:18:45 AM
Dublin is technically Irish, but it's culturally English.  Half the rich Southsiders speak with English accents; and half the poor Northsiders are obsessed with ye premiership.

Dublin has always been to a large extent an English town.