The Late Late Show - The Ryan Tubridy Era

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 04, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone has to be better than Pat 'the plank', many thanks for the YT links will check out the interview!
O'Neills Therapist

Tony Baloney

That's a good looking woman big Quinn is married too. Tubridy is better than his other tv shows suggest so I'd say he'll be grand. However, it will be interesting to see if he slips into a rut as the series rolls on and his guests are lesser known locals.

tyroneman

Did ok to be fair although i had hoped the roy keane saga might have got some tasty airtime with big niall. The actress from carlow seemed a right self important type, but i suppose its easy to get carried away at that age.

Doogie Browser

Decent first night, the question to Cowen about boozing was unfair I thought, Cherie Blair was very interesting to listen to.  Big Quinner is always good value and I am loving the surfs new look, Niall wouldn't have got much sexytime on Fri night though.  Oh and that fat tosser who used to be in Westlife is still a p***k, an embarrassment.

ziggysego

Only saw the Cowan and McFadden interviews.

Asked Cowan all the right questions and didn't let him off the hook too easily. The drinking question was uncalled for yes, but Brian accounted himself well in his response I felt.

As for McFadden, I was expecting a kissy-kissy interview. Ryan called your man's bluff and didn't let him away with his self-pitying whinging.

Great first show and if Ryan can keep this up for the entire run, I'll become a Late Late Show viewer again.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

I thought Cowen did well, but I'm sure that the interview was staged though. Get the 'hard' questions in early, look steely and play to the gallery 'What about the people sitting in tonight because they can't go for a pint?', and let Cowen appear to be struggling. Cowen deals fairly competently with the questions, almost make an apology for his past mistakes, and then finish up with the human side of the Taoiseach, letting him show what a decent fella he is as a person (which he is), and even getting a round of applause from the audience about being a normal man who likes a couple of drinks with his friends at the weekend.

All in all RT comes out looking like a serious interviewer who made Cowen squirm, while BC comes across as a genuine guy who is doing his best.

AZOffaly

blewuporstuffed

never liked turbridy to be honest  and that frigging song with him in it they keep playing on 2fm with him in it drives me nuts, the sort of spoof of the pussy cat dolls.about as funny as a funneral
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhugh

I had never been a huge fan of Tubridy, but thought that he did very well on his first outing- was impressed how he got stuck in about it from  the start. I thought,as many seem to have, that his question regarding the taoiseach's drinking was way over the top and utterly unnecessary.

lynchbhoy

missed the interview with Cowen, but thought there were far too many 'tabloid-esque' type questions that were devoid of decorum and manners that decent interviewers observe.
Can you picture the likes of parkinson saying some of those things to mcfadden ?
Irrespective on whether he is a self serving muppet - he is appearing on the show and deserves manners and not to be ridiculed on his ethics and place of work/decisions.
Thats pontification and does not surprise me regarding tubridy.

dont think I will be watching the ll show too often.
Pity miriam ocallaghan didnt get the job. Far superior to tubridy imo.

Main Street

Why are ye all so wound up by Bryan McF?

Sounds like worthless titillating celeb gossip tv  about yet another emotionally immature malfunctioning individual who can barely string a coherent sentence.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 07, 2009, 03:23:36 PM
missed the interview with Cowen, but thought there were far too many 'tabloid-esque' type questions that were devoid of decorum and manners that decent interviewers observe.
Can you picture the likes of parkinson saying some of those things to mcfadden ?
Irrespective on whether he is a self serving muppet - he is appearing on the show and deserves manners and not to be ridiculed on his ethics and place of work/decisions.

Did you forget to take your pills today? Miriam O Callaghans show is probably the worst example of arse licking shite that RTE has ever screened. She is useless at that sort of stuff.
As for Cowan, he has been hiding for the past 12 months and refusing to take responsibility for the shite he has us all in - Tubridy asked the questions that the ordinary Joe would like him to answer. For example, does he even accept he did anything wrong. Up until Friday he did not and even on Friday it was a begrudging acceptance. The question on his drinking was a bit over the top I suppose.
The other little p***k got what he had coming to him too, going on national TV to slag off his wife while he was the one that upped and left her and the kids for his bit on the side. Tubrdiy nailed him on why he hadn't talked to his wife in 4 years but can go on TV and talk about her and if he is so concerned why can he not move closer to his kids.
He did a good job, and anyway who wants to ape the English chat shows anyhow - the late late is the longest running show of its type in the world after all.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 07, 2009, 05:49:39 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 07, 2009, 03:23:36 PM

Did you forget to take your pills today? Miriam O Callaghans show is probably the worst example of arse licking shite that RTE has ever screened. She is useless at that sort of stuff.
As for Cowan, he has been hiding for the past 12 months and refusing to take responsibility for the shite he has us all in - Tubridy asked the questions that the ordinary Joe would like him to answer. For example, does he even accept he did anything wrong. Up until Friday he did not and even on Friday it was a begrudging acceptance. The question on his drinking was a bit over the top I suppose.
The other little p***k got what he had coming to him too, going on national TV to slag off his wife while he was the one that upped and left her and the kids for his bit on the side. Tubrdiy nailed him on why he hadn't talked to his wife in 4 years but can go on TV and talk about her and if he is so concerned why can he not move closer to his kids.
He did a good job, and anyway who wants to ape the English chat shows anyhow - the late late is the longest running show of its type in the world after all.
I cant comment further on the cowen interview until I watch it

other than that , though I despise mcfadden, he was treated badly.

I actually dont like ocallaghan either, but she is better than tubridy - the only other candidate apparantly was gerry ryan !
enough said - though hes usually passable on radio.

Dont take tablets !
:D

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2009, 11:13:22 AM
I thought Cowen did well, but I'm sure that the interview was staged though. Get the 'hard' questions in early, look steely and play to the gallery 'What about the people sitting in tonight because they can't go for a pint?', and let Cowen appear to be struggling. Cowen deals fairly competently with the questions, almost make an apology for his past mistakes, and then finish up with the human side of the Taoiseach, letting him show what a decent fella he is as a person (which he is), and even getting a round of applause from the audience about being a normal man who likes a couple of drinks with his friends at the weekend.

All in all RT comes out looking like a serious interviewer who made Cowen squirm, while BC comes across as a genuine guy who is doing his best.

IMHO that is what is wrong with TV and in particular the Late Late. He might just bankrupt us all but shure if he has a few pints and played junior hurling isn't he a grand fella?
MWWSI 2017

leenie

Quote from: muppet on September 07, 2009, 11:23:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2009, 11:13:22 AM

IMHO that is what is wrong with TV and in particular the Late Late. He might just bankrupt us all but sure if he has a few pints and played junior hurling isn't he a grand fella?

*nodding head in agreement*........
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..