The Late Late Show - The Ryan Tubridy Era

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 04, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 05, 2009, 01:59:38 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 05, 2009, 01:57:11 PM
That must be the name, thanks.
I never heard him before.

You've never heard of David Gray...Really ???
I have heard of the name but not heard the man and his music.
I don't think much past the Grateful Dead.

I thought DG was very good last night.
A wee bit too much jerking around but nevertheless sound.

A Quinn Martin Production

Always thought Tubridy was a bit of a git but I thought he did well last night.  The Biffo interview was good. Gillian Quinn is a bit of alright.  Yer man McFadden is a tosser but preferable to thon precocious brat from Carlow.  Remind me never to watch anything she's in.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Celt_Man

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 04, 2009, 11:34:30 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 04, 2009, 11:30:52 PM
Quote from: MadMayo on September 04, 2009, 09:40:07 PM
Same band he had on the last show.... shite!

Didn't get to see much of it but I can't fuckin stand that fuckin band he has with him...

too much of a copy cat of Letterman and those annoying pricks he has with him

Easy CM, take a deep breath, count to ten ;D

Not easy Tir Eoghain, I just hate that bloody copy cat format with a passion... christ would a bit of originality would too much to ask for?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

I thought Tubridy was a breaath of fresh air. He asked the questions that people wanted answered. Imagine what he would have asked Paisley when he came on instead of Pat getting down on his knees and blowing him. A great question for McFadden of why he can come on TV to talk about his ex wife and can't speak direct to her and also why is he living across the world when his kids are living in a coke den. He's got some bite to him

magpie seanie

Not prticularly fond of Tubridy but not a bad first effort. I thought the Cowen interview was staged and designed to make people feel sorry for Cowen and from the reactions I have heard from people who should know better it worked. Any of the "hard questions" were not answered and not followed up. Left the room when McFadden who is probably one of the biggest muppets in the world was on so no comment on him. Niall Quinn fairly talked himself into the spare room and with a wife like Gillan its not a place to be!

As for David Gray - I thought his head was going to fall off a few times. Looked like he'd lost control of his neck muscles. Either Sharon Corr had a heavy cold or she should leave the singing to Andrea.

All in all light years ahead of Kenny. I'd worry that the self righteousness of Gaybe will develop in Tubridy though.

orangeman

I read a comment piece in the Indo today and the writer was giving off about Tubridy's harsh questioning of Brian Cowen.

Did anybody else think it was harxh ?

magpie seanie

Quote from: orangeman on September 06, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
I read a comment piece in the Indo today and the writer was giving off about Tubridy's harsh questioning of Brian Cowen.

Did anybody else think it was harxh ?

That's what you were supposed to think. I pissed myself when I saw the Indo headline.

Rossfan

Has Reilly's rag now become a Cowan fanzine like it used to be a Bertiebolx fanzine?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

anglocelt39

Don't normally take the Sunday Indo but had a look at a freebie today like any self respecting Cavan man. Some p***k that writes in the paper took objection to his feeling that Turbidy had in some way stolen his thunder on an interview he had done for the Rag with Cowen some weeks ago. So thats front page headlines, amazing bunch of gobshites that seem to think they are as bit as the story they are reporting. Amazing rag
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

HowAreYeGettinOn

Not a Tubridy fan, but he did well. He managed to keep the twitches and finger-drumming to a minimum and his questioning of Cowen was far better than I thought it would be. An Taoiseach didn't get a pummelling but he didn't have an easy time of it either.

Ryan dodged the REAL big question though - 'So Sharon, when did your brother turn into such a fruitcake?'

The Real Laoislad

While some of the Cowen interview may have been staged..
There is no way in hell he would have agreed to being asked about his drinking,that was to below the belt for my liking despite whatever anyone thinks of Cowen
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Missed this. But lets get down to the basics. Has Jim Corr gone a bit "funny" and why are there no pics of Mrs. Quinn?! Did she do an ad for washing powder a few years ago or was that a pretend Mrs. N. Quinn?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 06, 2009, 08:56:53 PM
Missed this. But lets get down to the basics. Has Jim Corr gone a bit "funny" and why are there no pics of Mrs. Quinn?! Did she do an ad for washing powder a few years ago or was that a pretend Mrs. N. Quinn?

She did indeed...

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 06, 2009, 08:51:12 PM
While some of the Cowen interview may have been staged..
There is no way in hell he would have agreed to being asked about his drinking,that was to below the belt for my liking despite whatever anyone thinks of Cowen

Why so LL? Politics is a dirty game and questions about a political leader's private life are par for the course. Probably like water off a duck's back to Cowen.

I've never really liked Tubridy but I thought he did alright. I thought he'd make a pigs ear of the Cowen interview but in fairness to him he got Cowen hot under the collar with a few questions. He's no Jeremy Paxman but I thought he showed he can deal with the heavy political stuff - where the Plank excelled.

That Westlife bloke is some knob though. What a big immature child. I had to laugh when he said that he was struggling financially and couldn't get work over here. Why didn't he take the hundred grand that he said one of the red top rags had offered him for his story then?!!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?