All Ireland Presentations to be on the Pitch

Started by Barney, September 01, 2009, 12:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I was just thinking there last night, why the GPA would support the change of plan and be concerned about people getting trampled to death.  I say it is probably because the sponsor gets no mileage out of the team going up into the stand and receiving their medals because all that will be in the camera shot is the people behind.  Now, with millions of people all over the world looking at the AIF it would surely make sense to have a good big company logo on the box they are going to stand up on.

Let's hope it is a Lucozade Sport which should end the GPA's support for the idea ,  or will they want half the advertising space.  After all, this is the players moment and given that the GAA have all the other advertising revenue I am sure Desmond will be saying that this little spot could be theirs to put towards the players welfare. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

ONeill

I think the players would prefer the middle of the pitch yoke. Can't remember who it was but they said that every slap on the back was like a hammer blow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on September 03, 2009, 09:28:32 PM

O'Neill rejects Ziggy's rejection of presentation relocation
03 September 2009

O'Neill has rejected Ziggy's rejection of the GAA's decision to relocate the presentation of All-Ireland trophies from the Hogan Stand to the centre of the Croke Park pitch.

O'Neill has appealed to supporters attending Sunday's All-Ireland hurling final not to run onto the field at the end of the game. With director-general Paraic Duffy warning that someone could be "trampled to death", O'Neill agrees after seeing Ziggy scooting about in a carefree manner last year on the park, goading the guards in the process using terminology including 'free-state', 'b**tards' and 'try an stop me'.

"O'Neill denounces Ziggy's refusal to accept the GAA's request in this regard and hopes that he reflects on his attitude back in that God-forsaken hole Greencastle and just to continue his fretting of sheep in the greater Mid-Ulster area" a statement from O'Neill read.

"O'Neill would like to wish the Kilkenny and Tipperary squads the very best of luck and thank fans from both counties for their continued support of the players throughout the season."

Excellent.

INDIANA

If for instance the Dublin hurlers won an all-ireland (long shot) I doubt very much any stewards would be able to keep lads off the pitch.
Why do we always have to conform to other codes standards? Keith Duggan calls it right today- pitch invasion at the end is our kind of madness. Shouldn't have to apologise for it.

stephenite

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2009, 01:28:20 PM
If for instance the Dublin hurlers won an all-ireland (long shot) I doubt very much any stewards would be able to keep lads off the pitch.
Why do we always have to conform to other codes standards? Keith Duggan calls it right today- pitch invasion at the end is our kind of madness. Shouldn't have to apologise for it.

100% agree

longrunsthefox

I heard on the Des Cahill radio show the other evening that Tipp supporters were being put in the upper decks. Is probable to keep them off the field IF they win. I remeber in 2003 we ran over the top of the stewarts when Tyrone won. Might work for Kilkenny or Kerry but imagine it was Antrim hurlers or Mayo footballers. Not a chance of keeping them off the field. I know both are very, very far fetched...   

Farrandeelin

Quote from: longrunsthefox on September 05, 2009, 04:41:44 PM
I heard on the Des Cahill radio show the other evening that Tipp supporters were being put in the upper decks. Is probable to keep them off the field IF they win. I remeber in 2003 we ran over the top of the stewarts when Tyrone won. Might work for Kilkenny or Kerry but imagine it was Antrim hurlers or Mayo footballers. Not a chance of keeping them off the field. I know both are very, very far fetched...

Even Waterford hurlers, their fans would go ballistic trying to get on I'd imagine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lilpaulie85

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2009, 07:06:20 PM

Even Waterford hurlers, their fans would go ballistic trying to get on I'd imagine.

As a Waterford man, if it ever happens that we get our hands on Liam, There aren't enough stewards in the country will keep us off the pitch.
Chase the dream not the competition.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lilpaulie85 on September 05, 2009, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 05, 2009, 07:06:20 PM

As a Waterford man, if it ever happens that we get our hands on Liam, There aren't enough stewards in the country will keep us off the pitch.

Same as my own county haha

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stephenite on September 05, 2009, 01:35:55 PM

100% agree
+1

in 2003 & even 2005,there was no way were werent going on the pitch,no amount of stewards would have prevented it
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ross4life

lol PLAN B  :D well done kilkenny Fans show em how it's done!!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: stephenite on September 05, 2009, 01:35:55 PM

100% agree

There's hope for the Middle East yet if ye two can agree on something  :P

I agree wholeheartedly with Duggan. He makes the point that the reason for the move to the centre of the pitch was money - the GAA have paid out €500,000 in insurance to people injured during pitch invasions. I do think fans need to be more in control of their emotions and not have everyone like sardines up at the front but when Mayo win the All-Ireland it'll take some team of stewards to keep me off the pitch.

Feckin hell Kilkenny couldn't even be held back today!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

God himself couldn't keep us off the pitch RGS!

armaghniac

The solution to people claiming for pitch invasions is to put T&C on your ticket that you are not allowed on the pitch. If you ignore this then you do so at your own risk.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

INDIANA

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2009, 09:25:17 PM
The solution to people claiming for pitch invasions is to put T&C on your ticket that you are not allowed on the pitch. If you ignore this then you do so at your own risk.

Exactly