Irish Generals planned to attack the six counties.

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, August 31, 2009, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 01:05:22 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 01:01:56 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 12:42:20 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 01, 2009, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 12:05:16 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 10:18:39 AM
If there was a such a mechanism the free state gombeens should be charged with cowardice for the period 1916 to date. To leave us in the lurch is unforgivable in my view. Id near rather have the brits than a bunch of yellow b**tards that hid in those years.

Why , what did the South African Province do?

You know well - the free state left us in the shit, and they have they cheek to call themselves Irishmen. The biggest military contribution made by the freestaters was building motorways in England so they could transport more troops to the north.

Oh thats the reason, i just thought we just didn't care as we didn't want bombings on our door steps and the "free state" as you call it was piss poor and relying on the UK for its economic survival. But that comment clears it all up, how do you manage to get through the day with that large chip on your shoulder? When youv'e finished primary school and start to learn something about history i'm sure you will become more enlightened person.

Fact is the free state stood idly by. Prove otherwise. Oh thats right you cant.

What is it you suggest the Republic could of done in 69 ? Or the IFS/Republic could of done in the other years?

Pull their noses out of the brits asses for a start. Pressurise them through international opinion - no one would expect them to lift a finger in anger after all. It should remain a stain on everyone in the 26 the same way as Germans still carry their shame.
:D

So people in the 26 today should feel ashamed about what our Government did or didn't do as the case maybe for the Nationalist people in the six even though a lot of us were not even born at the time.  I'm not going to argue the point our Government did not do enough for the people in the north of Ireland but that last part of your post is nonsense Man in Black.

man in black

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 01, 2009, 02:33:01 PM
If there was a such a mechanism the free state gombeens should be charged with cowardice for the period 1916 to date. To leave us in the lurch is unforgivable in my view. Id near rather have the brits than a bunch of yellow b**tards that hid in those years.

You know well - the free state left us in the shit, and they have they cheek to call themselves Irishmen. The biggest military contribution made by the freestaters was building motorways in England so they could transport more troops to the north.

Oh thats the reason, i just thought we just didn't care as we didn't want bombings on our door steps and the "free state" as you call it was piss poor and relying on the UK for its economic survival. But that comment clears it all up, how do you manage to get through the day with that large chip on your shoulder? When youv'e finished primary school and start to learn something about history i'm sure you will become more enlightened person.

What is it you suggest the Republic could of done in 69 ? Or the IFS/Republic could of done in the other years?

Pull their noses out of the brits asses for a start. Pressurise them through international opinion - no one would expect them to lift a finger in anger after all. It should remain a stain on everyone in the 26 the same way as Germans still carry their shame.

So people in the 26 today should feel ashamed about what our Government did or didn't do as the case maybe for the Nationalist people in the six even though a lot of us were not even born at the time.  I'm not going to argue the point our Government did not do enough for the people in the north of Ireland but that last part of your post is nonsense Man in Black.

Why is it nonsense ? The 26 counties let us down and continue to do so. The removal of the constitutional claim was just another surrender and a further stab in the back for us in the 6
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 01, 2009, 02:33:01 PM

Why is it nonsense ? The 26 counties let us down and continue to do so. The removal of the constitutional claim was just another surrender and a further stab in the back for us in the 6

I never said if they did or didn't let you down, but to basically say that everyone from the 26 counties should feel ashamed and sorry for what happened when they had nothing to do with it and a lot were not even born at the time is wrong.

Gnevin

You won't even address the state by its correct name and seem to hate it and it's people so why do you give a shit what Bunreacht na hÉireann says?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 02:48:38 PM

You won't even address the state by its correct name and seem to hate it and it's people so why do you give a shit what Bunreacht na hÉireann says?

What would you like me to call it? The Republic of Ireland i suppose - an irony if ever i heard one.

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 02:52:51 PM

What would you like me to call it? The Republic of Ireland i suppose - an irony if ever i heard one.

Article 4

The name of the State is Éire, or, in the English language, Ireland.

Pick one.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Canalman

Mate's dad is a retired Irish army officer and says that virtually all army defence stategies are designed to thwart a British invasion. According to him the strategy is to "blend" in and carry out a guerrilla war against the invader. According to him ambush sites have already been identified.

Very interesting stuff indeed......... although he had drink taken when he told me all this. (He wasn't drunk though).

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Article 4

Pick one.
But the state isnt Ireland, Ireland has 32 counties. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

man in black

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 03:07:53 PM

Article 4

Pick one.

Exactly and they gave up the right to call it Ireland when they rolled over for the brits (again) by giving up the constitutional claim on the north.

Gnevin

Article 4

Pick one.
The island of Ireland has 32 counties . We the people of the state called Ireland can call our state what ever we like.  If you think Ireland is too ambiguous use Éire or the Republic of Ireland if you must

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 03:16:30 PM

Article 4

Pick one.

Exactly and they gave up the right to call it Ireland when they rolled over for the brits (again) by giving up the constitutional claim on the north.

So the bitter rump in the North want to dictated to us what to call our country  ::) .  Even as they refuse to acknowledge it's right to exist in some cases .

We reworded the claim for peace just as others had to compromise for peace

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 03:21:10 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 03:16:30 PM

Article 4

Pick one.

So the bitter rump in the North want to dictated to us what to call our country  ::) .  Even as they refuse to acknowledge it's right to exist in some cases .

We reworded the claim for peace just as others had to compromise for peace

And who was threatening your peace ? ::)

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 03:22:48 PM

Would you rather we rejected the GFA and the constitutional changes required?

man in black

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 03:25:24 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 03:22:48 PM

Would you rather we rejected the GFA and the constitutional changes required?

Yep

Grand so run outside , wrap a tricolour around you and start shooting at the Brits if you want to live in the middle of a war and in the past

The vast majority of people on this Island voted for peace. We don't shed a tear when you and your lot are gone .