Irish Generals planned to attack the six counties.

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, August 31, 2009, 01:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Quote from: Gnevin on August 31, 2009, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 31, 2009, 09:43:40 PM
QuoteWould you of taken up the Brits offer

what does this mean?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emergency_%28Ireland%29#Unification_refused.3F

Probably the closest a UI has been since 1921.
[/quote
Of course Britain would have defended Ireland if  Germany had invaded. After all thats why England invaded, to close a back door attack. Would Germany have said if they had won the war, do what you wamt paddy, no. Jews and others would have been rounded up and killed. Ireland should have delared war. A credit to Ireland men went and fought.]

man in black

If there was a such a mechanism the free state gombeens should be charged with cowardice for the period 1916 to date. To leave us in the lurch is unforgivable in my view. Id near rather have the brits than a bunch of yellow bastards that hid in those years.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 10:18:39 AM
If there was a such a mechanism the free state gombeens should be charged with cowardice for the period 1916 to date. To leave us in the lurch is unforgivable in my view. Id near rather have the brits than a bunch of yellow b**tards that hid in those years.

Why , what did the South African Province do?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 12:05:16 PM
If there was a such a mechanism the free state gombeens should be charged with cowardice for the period 1916 to date. To leave us in the lurch is unforgivable in my view. Id near rather have the brits than a bunch of yellow b**tards that hid in those years.

You know well - the free state left us in the shit, and they have they cheek to call themselves Irishmen. The biggest military contribution made by the freestaters was building motorways in England so they could transport more troops to the north.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 12:21:07 PM

You know well - the free state left us in the shit, and they have they cheek to call themselves Irishmen. The biggest military contribution made by the freestaters was building motorways in England so they could transport more troops to the north.

Oh thats the reason, i just thought we just didn't care as we didn't want bombings on our door steps and the "free state" as you call it was piss poor and relying on the UK for its economic survival. But that comment clears it all up, how do you manage to get through the day with that large chip on your shoulder? When youv'e finished primary school and start to learn something about history i'm sure you will become more enlightened person.

man in black

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on September 01, 2009, 12:36:42 PM

Oh thats the reason, i just thought we just didn't care as we didn't want bombings on our door steps and the "free state" as you call it was piss poor and relying on the UK for its economic survival. But that comment clears it all up, how do you manage to get through the day with that large chip on your shoulder? When youv'e finished primary school and start to learn something about history i'm sure you will become more enlightened person.

Fact is the free state stood idly by. Prove otherwise. Oh thats right you cant.

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 12:42:20 PM

What is it you suggest the Republic could of done in 69 ? Or the IFS/Republic could of done in the other years?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 01:01:56 PM

What is it you suggest the Republic could of done in 69 ? Or the IFS/Republic could of done in the other years?

Pull their noses out of the brits asses for a start. Pressurise them through international opinion - no one would expect them to lift a finger in anger after all. It should remain a stain on everyone in the 26 the same way as Germans still carry their shame.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 01:05:22 PM

Pull their noses out of the brits asses for a start. Pressurise them through international opinion - no one would expect them to lift a finger in anger after all. It should remain a stain on everyone in the 26 the same way as Germans still carry their shame.
Exactly, I've always said all I would have ever asked from the Irish government is to open their mouths in defence of their citizens in the six counties.  Simple as that. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 01:23:46 PM

Exactly, I've always said all I would have ever asked from the Irish government is to open their mouths in defence of their citizens in the six counties.  Simple as that.

Too who and to what end?

The government at the time condemned the actions of the British in the North.  So I don't know what  else you think they should of done . Even if it was done you'd be on here spouting on about meaningless words and no action.

pintsofguinness

Scream from the rooftops to anyone that would listen G, and get the heads out of Britain's ass.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 02:07:50 PM

Too who and to what end?

The government at the time condemned the actions of the British in the North.  So I don't know what  else you think they should of done . Even if it was done you'd be on here spouting on about meaningless words and no action.

You say they condemned the actions of the brits and then go on to say "even if it was done" - well which was it ? Bottom line is you let us down, but to the average freestater that doesnt really matter because you're alright jack.

Gnevin

Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 02:17:21 PM

Too who and to what end?

You say they condemned the actions of the brits and then go on to say "even if it was done" - well which was it ? Bottom line is you let us down, but to the average freestater that doesnt really matter because you're alright jack.
In other words you don't know what you want . Nothing would make you happy as the Irish states was in reality powerless in the situation it found itself in. I agree with POG that more of a effort could of been made to highlight the plight of Northern nationalist but at the end of the day it would of achieved nothing .

man in black

Quote from: Gnevin on September 01, 2009, 02:23:18 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 02:17:21 PM

Too who and to what end?

In other words you don't know what you want . Nothing would make you happy as the Irish states was in reality powerless in the situation it found itself in. I agree with POG that more of a effort could of been made to highlight the plight of Northern nationalist but at the end of the day it would of achieved nothing .

We know what we wanted then but now its different, the free state has shown that it cares not a jot for nationalists in the 6 counties. Id seriously wonder why we ever bothered.