All Ireland Hurling Final Kilkenny v Tipp - 4 in a row for Kilkenny ?

Started by orangeman, August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: INDIANA on September 06, 2009, 09:28:45 PM
Lads that decision cost Tipp the bloody game. a 21 yard free with 8 defenders on the line is not the same as a penalty. The ref cannot have had a good game with a decision like that. It was one of the worst calls I ever seen. I've watched it about 6 times now- and it was actually a free out.

I was at the far end of the Cusack so hadn't a great view but he seemed to take a pile of steps
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

It wasn't a penalty and I don't think you'll find too many if any saying that it was a penalty. It's a pity that the game will be remembered for the penalty that wasn't.

Was that a siffer dog that I just saw in the Croke Park changing rooms prior to the match ?

What was the dog looking for ?? Drugs ? Explosives ?

sammymaguire

good ref one MAJOR c**k up that changed the course of the game which was a shame in such an exhilarating game
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

dowling

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 06, 2009, 08:52:40 PM
I don't think the sending off changed the game in KK's favour,it was the penalty that changed it and nothing else IMHO

Wel there'a few teams won All-Irelands with 14 men but you would have to think if you've 15 on the pitch it makes the job easier. And considering Dunne was supposed to be experienced and help 'steady the ship' I'd think his sending off had a lot to do with Tipp's defeat. Any room in the Tipp forward line was immediately squeezed.

Donnellys Hollow

If we think Diarmuid Kirwan was a disgrace then wait till Marty Duffy gets his hands on the football final in a fortnights time!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 09:50:36 PM
I also think that Michael Kavanagh carried the ball over the line for the 2nd goal. I'm almost sure the ball crossed the line for a split second.

Don't think so.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 09:20:39 PM
Other than the penalty, I thought the ref did well.

I thought he gave most of the 50/50 calls to Kilkenny and that was never a penalty, though he got the sending off right. I think Tipp will feel like they were robbed today, but I hope to see them back again next year to stop the 5 in a row. Other than the referee, the Kilkenny keeper was probably the difference in the two teams, he made a couple of excellent saves. Tipps half forward line was quite poor today also.
Credit has to go to this Kilkenny team though, 4 in a row is a hell of an achievement and they`ll be there or there abouts again next year.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

orangeman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2009, 09:02:51 PM
whats the bets marty won't be in the city west tonight

No sign of Marty in City West so far. Lyster doing the job.

orangeman

orangeman

Looking at the replays on TV,the referee had a great view of it to be honest. But it still wasn't a penalty IMO.

I thought he signalled a free to begin with.

orangeman

Listening to Donal O'Grady and co., given the examples that he used, it looks as if the referee rode Tipp today ???

I didn't see Power grab the face mask in real time.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 10:06:51 PM
Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 06, 2009, 09:52:46 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 09:20:39 PM
Other than the penalty, I thought the ref did well.

I thought he gave most of the 50/50 calls to Kilkenny
Ach I don't think so.

I think he'll be kicking himself over the penalty decision. Other than that he handled the game well and helped make it the game it was.

I thought Tipp should have had a few frees early on, but they ended up as hop/throw balls, I also thought that the Tipp forwards couldnt buy a free in the first half.
In saying that, it was a great game, better than the vast majority of football games and none of the negative tactics that blight football.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Canalman

Definitely a red card imo. Feel very sorry for Benny Dunne all the same. The Tipp fans I'm afraid will not be as forgiving...... especially as Toomeevara wouldn't be the most popular of clubs there.

Am I alone in thinking that Michael Kavanagh was sensational today..... very close to motm in my opinion. TW also a contender. Pádraig Maher brilliant also.

Minder

Kavanagh is one of those players you think the oppositioANCan maybe exploit with the right man on him but he is very steady. Today was his tenth All Ireland final appearance and he is only about 31
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on September 06, 2009, 10:30:42 PM
Kavanagh is one of those players you think the oppositioANCan maybe exploit with the right man on him but he is very steady. Today was his tenth All Ireland final appearance and he is only about 31

10 finals - 7 winners medals. Amazing. But for an outstanding Cork team it could have been more.