All Ireland Hurling Final Kilkenny v Tipp - 4 in a row for Kilkenny ?

Started by orangeman, August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 06, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 05:07:27 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 06, 2009, 05:06:03 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2009, 04:51:32 PM
Penalty my hole.

Arm right around him, it was a penalty.
He was fouled outside about 3 times. The ref blew up for a 4th foul in the square.

Its a hard one, imo it was a penalty but I can unserstand why Tipp fans will be annoyed, Kilkenny get away with more than any other team.  Look at the shoulder in to the Tipp players head, not even a yellow card shown.

Thats my point - on 4 occasions kilkenny deserved to have lads booked and not a yellow shown. Yet he gives a penalty for what?

INDIANA

Quote from: gerry on September 06, 2009, 05:12:57 PM
A few teams would need a plan b to get one over this team

They won't anymore - there won't be a 5 in a row. Thats the epicentre for this kilkenny team which probably is the best of all time.

Rav67

Quote from: INDIANA on September 06, 2009, 05:17:36 PM

They won't anymore - there won't be a 5 in a row. Thats the epicentre for this kilkenny team which probably is the best of all time.

??

INDIANA

Thats the highpoint, they won't beat Tipp next year. Its probably right they won 4 in a row. But Tipp are gutted I'd say.

SLIGONIAN

Penalty decision was the winner, KK were as poor as I ever seen them in a long time, blessed to win IMO. Tipp were better side on the day just didnt take the chances but ref handed it to KK, peno won it for them, Correct decision on sending off. But feck me they have the luck. They are great but they do get vital breaks outside of there own control from refs.

Cody didnt like marty there going on about the peno. Wonder why?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Donnellys Hollow

Cracking game of hurling. Got to hand it to Kilkenny - true champions.

I don't know what was going through Benny Dunne's head. Tommy Walsh was pulling at his helmet but how on earth did he think he'd get away with that?

Cody getting Marty hot under the collar!!  :D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

INDIANA

Bord na Mona man

Great show by Tipp to put it up to the Cats.
Crucially they never got the goal though.
Benny Dunne's stroke was ridiculous. He was always a bit dirty but it was a crazy moment of madness. I don't think it alone swung the result.

Tipp lost their cool in the last few minutes. They could still have reeled the Cats in.

Cody put Marty on his arse during the interview!  ;D

Donnellys Hollow

Michael Fennelly's Gaeilge needs a bit of work - pass inter-cert standard!!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Farrandeelin

Don't think it was a penalty at all. Should have been a free out imo. KK fierce lucky to win the game.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Galwaybhoy

I thought it was a penalty at first but it could have been a free out too for steps.  Would like to see it again.  I'm certainly not one that would normally shout for Tipp but I feel very sorry for Tipperary tonight.

INDIANA

GalwayBayBoy

agorm

Quote from: Kevin on September 06, 2009, 04:46:23 PM
Could not see it on the radio.

Did Benny Dunne pull on him or was he 'playing the ball'???

Acc to the panel, Walsh pushed the helmet down in front of Dunne's eyes thus blinding him - still shouldnt have struck him.

The Wedger

I think Tipp were robbed with that penalty.
No way was it inside the large square!

I'm tuning into Sportscall now to hear the reactions.
It should be colourful.