Name that tune.........Croke Park

Started by BigJohnBrowne, August 30, 2009, 05:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigJohnBrowne

Any know the tunes & artist that are played in Croker before & after a big match ?

The backing track to this youtube video is a sample of one of them I'm looking for :   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gbO3VfbASU

I'm also interested in the name of other tunes & artists that you may recognise including the celtic drums sometimes used in the pre-match.  (and I'm not after the show piece halftimes ala Brush Shields etc......  ;D)

I'm looking to put together some video & music for my clubs 125 and I like the material used in CP which has lots of atmosphere.

thanks in advance.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magickingdom

its a class tune so right for the occasions imo, i always hang around in cp after the games for a while soaking up the atmosphere. i said before on another thread i hope the gaa gets the rights to it. .

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2009, 06:00:26 PM
May We Never Have to Say Goodbye

Gud Man ONeill - got it in one, scratching my head for an hour or two trying to get the correct name.

Anyone chance naming the artists of the Drum solo (Celtic beat) music sometimes heard around the time of the team announcements ?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Cliff Richard - Congratulations. All Ireland hurling final 2002  ::)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Leo

May we never say goodbye as played at Croke Park is the Shaun Davey-  Rita Connolly version and top class. The drums probably come from the same album.

At Esler Park we get an umbearable  screeching Dubliners or Christy Moore dirge that is  painful on the ear and designed to precent any pre-match chat among supporters, constantly interrupted by some clown  calling stewrads to their positions and who should never be let near a microphone.
Fierce tame altogether

BigJohnBrowne

Quality of the sound system probably has a bearing on the screeching as well as choice of music.  CP seems to have a fairly decent system, especially considering the size of the grounds and the acoustics.  Can't beat a good build up to a game, gets everyone buzzing....

T O Hare

Its a good song but Jesus, Croke Park rip the complete dick out of it!!!! There is bound to be other songs that could be played!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: T O Hare on September 01, 2009, 01:23:18 AM

Its a good song but Jesus, Croke Park rip the complete dick out of it!!!! There is bound to be other songs that could be played!!!!!

any suggestions ?    I'm all ears for good background pre/post match music.

thebandit

I'm totally sick of it

ballinaman

Quote from: thebandit on September 01, 2009, 08:36:52 AM

I'm totally sick of it

Agreed. Aside from the fact that it's brutal and played on every local radio station in the country, after every match is a bit much.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: BigJohnBrowne on September 01, 2009, 01:32:53 AM

any suggestions ?    I'm all ears for good background pre/post match music.

Always loved this one.  ;D ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDl6pgo6uvI
Tbc....

45GoneShort

Quote from: BigJohnBrowne on August 30, 2009, 05:58:26 PM
Any know the tunes & artist that are played in Croker before & after a big match ?

The backing track to this youtube video is a sample of one of them I'm looking for :   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gbO3VfbASU

I'm also interested in the name of other tunes & artists that you may recognise including the celtic drums sometimes used in the pre-match.  (and I'm not after the show piece halftimes ala Brush Shields etc......  ;D)

I'm looking to put together some video & music for my clubs 125 and I like the material used in CP which has lots of atmosphere.

thanks in advance.

Think your choice music made its way into Pairc Sean this evening!!  ;)

down6061689194

Think it could do with a bit of modernisation.

Like some of the tunes before and after league games at esler. Although Crazy little thing called love on valentines night after the final whistle was rough.

It seems to be one for the loosers to reflect with.
U2-I still Havent found what I'm looking for.
U2-One step closer
Snow patrol-Youre all I have
Less irish stuff would be
Razorlight-Wire to Wire

Also prematch could include, TakeThat-Greatest Day & Snow Patrol-Spitting Games.

BigJohnBrowne

Quote from: 45GoneShort on September 12, 2009, 06:56:51 PM
Think your choice music made its way into Pairc Sean this evening!!  ;)

Heard it last weekend - typical.   You were obviously at the game, I couldn't make it as I'd already planned a weekend away and hadn't banked on a replay.  Could only get a bit online on Shannonside with Lynch and Gallagher.  - on way out so now but what was the game like ?