Arrabawn u16 All-Ireland Hurling Championship

Started by INDIANA, August 30, 2009, 12:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Tipperary Supporters Club Under 16 hurling tournament

Group 1: Limerick 1-9 Wexford 1-6; Limerick 0-15 Offaly 1-5; Wexford 1-10 Offaly 1-9
Group 2: Waterford 3-8 Cork 1-12; Galway 3-14 Waterford 0-7; Galway 3-7 Cork 1-10
Group 3: Kilkenny 2-9 Westmeath 0-13; Dublin 2-7 Kilkenny 0-7; Westmeath 2-12 Dublin 2-9
Group 4: Tipperary 4-9 Clare 0-6; Tipperary 4-23 Antrim 0-4; Clare 5-16 Antrim 0-1

Shield Semi Finals:
Clare 1-14 Wexford 1-9; Westmeath 4-9 Waterford 2-8

Cup Semi Finals:
Tipperary 2-15 Limerick 1-12; Galway 0-14 Dublin 0-12

Cup Final

Tipp v Galway

Shield Final

Westmeath v Clare

Was down at this yesterday- phenomenal standard of hurling. The u16's of today are even better then the current senior inter county players were at the same stage. Delighted with Dublin's performance and it was great to see Westmeath with so many fine young players.

EddieMerx

Is the standard with all teams pretty high? great to see Westmeath do so well

glens73

Quote from: EddieMerx on August 30, 2009, 07:03:41 PM

It may well be apart from Antrim unfortunately, same old story

INDIANA

Skill levels are extraordinary, lads hitting sidelines from about 50 yards straight over, first touch and striking was exceptional. Another excellent Tipp team on the horizon.

Mac hinery

I hear Westmeath were beating Kilkenny by a point and Kilkenny goaled in the last minute to beat them in the league section.  The U-16 B championships were played in Westmeath yesterday also. Derry were beaten in the shield final by Wicklow having beat Wicklow in the league stages.

LooK_To_ThE_FuTuRE

Yes a very high standard of hurling considering they are just boys. kildare won their section of the tournament with a comprehensive victory over roscommon in the final. This came after a great game between kildare and down with a marginal 1 point victory in kildares favour. By the looks of the tournament it seems these counties have a bright future. A well organised tournament. Thanks to the clubs that provided the pitches in Westmeath.

GY Joe

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2009, 12:58:15 PM
Tipperary Supporters Club Under 16 hurling tournament

Group 1: Limerick 1-9 Wexford 1-6; Limerick 0-15 Offaly 1-5; Wexford 1-10 Offaly 1-9
Group 2: Waterford 3-8 Cork 1-12; Galway 3-14 Waterford 0-7; Galway 3-7 Cork 1-10
Group 3: Kilkenny 2-9 Westmeath 0-13; Dublin 2-7 Kilkenny 0-7; Westmeath 2-12 Dublin 2-9
Group 4: Tipperary 4-9 Clare 0-6; Tipperary 4-23 Antrim 0-4; Clare 5-16 Antrim 0-1

Shield Semi Finals:
Clare 1-14 Wexford 1-9; Westmeath 4-9 Waterford 2-8

Cup Semi Finals:
Tipperary 2-15 Limerick 1-12; Galway 0-14 Dublin 0-12

Cup Final

Tipp v Galway

Shield Final

Westmeath v Clare

Was down at this yesterday- phenomenal standard of hurling. The u16's of today are even better then the current senior inter county players were at the same stage. Delighted with Dublin's performance and it was great to see Westmeath with so many fine young players.

Many thanks for this info INDIANA. When is the Final between Tipp v Galway and where?

GY Joe

I saw  some of the Galway matches for selection on this team. I had no program so dont have any names. The County was divided up as follow.
Galway West and City
Galwat South
Galway East and
Galway north.
Mayo and Roscommon were also invited however Roscommon did not travel for some reason.

The final was between South and East with East winning by a point in a fantastic match inPearse. The standard was very high, but what impressed me most was the physical size of these lads. Standing on the sideline I felt small and I am 6" even.

EddieMerx

The final was on last Sunday, don't know what the score was but Tipp won