RIRA Checkpoints

Started by Cúig huaire, August 26, 2009, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: dillinger on September 03, 2009, 10:21:00 PM

their proportion has gone from 8% in 1998 to 26% by July 2009.

On a slightly diff point,i believe at 2006 there were 14 prods in the Garda.Out of a force of i think 12,000?  Quite a low % Wonder why

That seems ridiculously low. How many protestants are there in the population ?

mountainboii

Quote from: orangeman on September 04, 2009, 12:30:37 AM

On a slightly diff point,i believe at 2006 there were 14 prods in the Garda.Out of a force of i think 12,000?  Quite a low % Wonder why

That seems ridiculously low. How many protestants are there in the population ?

Around 4 or 5% of the south is protestant. I'd say that figure is wrong, maybe 14 protestants from the north or something.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Not doubting your word, but where did you get this figure? Father-in-law & 2 brothers in law are Guards, so would
be interested to get their view on this.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 03, 2009, 07:26:56 AM
Complete crap, as was your earlier comment about only 'Castle Catholics' joining. In the first place, the very fact that you use that term shows that you're an arrogant p***k who thinks he has the right to decide what 'proper' Catholics should think or feel or do. In the second place, if you think young lads and girls from the areas you mention aren't applying to join, then you're so out of touch that your opinion is useless. People from these areas may still need to hide their membership of PSNI from families and friends, but only in case begrudging arseholes like you are still about the place.

I`ll bow to your superior knowledge Roger (Irrelevant?). Obviously you know everyone in South Armagh, W Belfast and other Republican areas. In the mean time if anyone else has any evidence that people from Republican areas are actually joining the RUC/PSNI then I would like to hear it. As I said before a lot of the "nationalists" joining the police in the north are from the south and I would assume there are some from the UK (England, Scotland and Walses for Rogers benefit).
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

glens abu

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 04, 2009, 01:42:39 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 03, 2009, 07:26:56 AM
Complete crap, as was your earlier comment about only 'Castle Catholics' joining. In the first place, the very fact that you use that term shows that you're an arrogant p***k who thinks he has the right to decide what 'proper' Catholics should think or feel or do. In the second place, if you think young lads and girls from the areas you mention aren't applying to join, then you're so out of touch that your opinion is useless. People from these areas may still need to hide their membership of PSNI from families and friends, but only in case begrudging arseholes like you are still about the place.

I`ll bow to your superior knowledge Roger (Irrelevant?). Obviously you know everyone in South Armagh, W Belfast and other Republican areas. In the mean time if anyone else has any evidence that people from Republican areas are actually joining the RUC/PSNI then I would like to hear it. As I said before a lot of the "nationalists" joining the police in the north are from the south and I would assume there are some from the UK (England, Scotland and Walses for Rogers benefit).

must be plenty from Co.Down sure your MPs Seamus and Eddie had been asking you boys to join the RUC for years.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: glens abu on September 04, 2009, 02:00:08 PM
must be plenty from Co.Down sure your MPs Seamus and Eddie had been asking you boys to join the RUC for years.

We are talking about Republican areas like South Armagh, West Belfast and Derry, Down could not be described as a Republican area.

glens abu

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 04, 2009, 02:08:49 PM

We are talking about Republican areas like South Armagh, West Belfast and Derry, Down could not be described as a Republican area.

very true :o

Main Street

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 04, 2009, 01:10:26 AM

Not doubting your word, but where did you get this figure? Father-in-law & 2 brothers in law are Guards, so would
I would doubt the number of 14 because there are no stats on this.
What might be of concern is the high proportion of redneck gobs.

Apart from the odd Ban Garda, I would have little thought for what lay behind the uniform as long as it contained the required level of competence, integrity and honour.

fingerbob

In response to Cúig huaire. I applied to join the police this year then decided against it only because I'm going back to uni. I would definitely describe myself as a nationalist and I don't appreciate you telling me that I'm not. On your whole "there's no people from republican areas joining up" theory, well I'm from Downpatrick which is a 90% nationalist town and I know plenty of other people who applied this year too from the area. Times have changed and it's not just "castle catholics" joining. For the psni to ever become a force truely representative of the full population there needs to be people like myself joining and it doesn't help matters with people like you taking it upon yourself to label any catholic who joins the police a castle catholic. Your just showing yourself to being a clueless moron. 

dillinger

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 04, 2009, 01:10:26 AM

Dont have anything in writing etc, heard it on an RTE (radio) show. Has to be some way of finding out from Gardi, the old freedom of imfo thing?

Cúig huaire

Quote from: fingerbob on September 04, 2009, 09:44:29 PM
In response to Cúig huaire. I applied to join the police this year then decided against it only because I'm going back to uni. I would definitely describe myself as a nationalist and I don't appreciate you telling me that I'm not. On your whole "there's no people from republican areas joining up" theory, well I'm from Downpatrick which is a 90% nationalist town and I know plenty of other people who applied this year too from the area. Times have changed and it's not just "castle catholics" joining. For the psni to ever become a force truely representative of the full population there needs to be people like myself joining and it doesn't help matters with people like you taking it upon yourself to label any catholic who joins the police a castle catholic. Your just showing yourself to being a clueless moron.

As I said before, we are talking about Republican areas, Downpatrick could not be classed as one of those. Then again you would not be the first person to play for Downpatrick and Garnerville Gaels, a certain Mr Quinn was the first member of your club to play for the peelers.  ;)

Rav67

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 04, 2009, 02:08:49 PM

Derry city has been an SDLP stronghold for some time surely?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

RIRA targets family of NI officer
Friday, 11 September 2009 13:00
A device has exploded outside the home of relatives of a policeman in Northern Ireland.

The dissident republican Real IRA has claimed responsibility after the suspected bomb ignited outside the policeman's parents' home in Shantallow, Derry, at around 1.30am.

Police said a car was damaged but there were no injuries.

AdvertisementA second device is being examined outside the policeman's sister's home in Kylemore Park.

Several people were forced to leave their homes after that device was discovered at around 7.30am.

EC Unique

Quote from: orangeman on September 11, 2009, 01:44:03 PM
RIRA targets family of NI officer
Friday, 11 September 2009 13:00
A device has exploded outside the home of relatives of a policeman in Northern Ireland.

The dissident republican Real IRA has claimed responsibility after the suspected bomb ignited outside the policeman's parents' home in Shantallow, Derry, at around 1.30am.

Police said a car was damaged but there were no injuries.

AdvertisementA second device is being examined outside the policeman's sister's home in Kylemore Park.

Several people were forced to leave their homes after that device was discovered at around 7.30am.

They really are stooping very low here. Very cowardly acts. :-\