Have Cork shot their bolt today

Started by In the Onion Bag, August 23, 2009, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Onion Bag

Tremendous Cork performance today. 

They have now easily brushed aside two Ulster teams but can the go on and win it?

I am a distant Cork fan but fear that they played their AI Final today.  I fear a repeat of 2007 when they failed to turn up.

But anyway, they were fab today.

yellowcard

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 23, 2009, 06:30:23 PM

They have now easily brushed aside two Ulster teams but can the go on and win it?

I am a distant Cork fan but fear that they played their AI Final today.  I fear a repeat of 2007 when they failed to turn up.

I don't think that is likely to happen again. Kerry are weaker than 2007 whilst Cork are stronger. They have a lot of young fellas with U-21 medals who have brought through a wiinning mentality to an already established core group of players. One thing for sure is that if they win it they will have earned it having beaten Kerry, tyrone and probably Kerry again.

magickingdom

they will each need individual shrink sessions at the thought of kerry in the final, trust me on that. its another nightmare for them, imagine losing to kerry after beating them in munster again.... again..... again. now go back to sleep little langer the green and gold monster is sh1te sure they barely beat longford/sligo/antrim. i'd rather drink a pint of warm vomit then lose an all ireland to cork. it wont happen ;D

Hardy

yellowcard

Quote from: magickingdom on August 23, 2009, 08:59:46 PM
they will each need individual shrink sessions at the thought of kerry in the final, trust me on that. its another nightmare for them, imagine losing to kerry after beating them in munster again.... again..... again. now go back to sleep little langer the green and gold monster is sh1te sure they barely beat longford/sligo/antrim. i'd rather drink a pint of warm vomit then lose an all ireland to cork. it wont happen ;D

Is that the same shrink that Kerry would have used if they had been playing Tyrone? Kerry are no longer capable of playing with the same intensity as this Cork team. There is no doubting now though that Kerry will be breathing easier after Cork done what this Kerry team could never do ie. beat Tyrone. For that reason there will always be a question mark about their supposed greatness.

orangeman

Cork owe Kerry big time IF it happens to be a Kerry v Cork final. Meath will be no pushovers next week by the way.

Cork are a decent team but I expect Kerry ( apologies to Meath fans ) to beat them if Kerry get there.

magickingdom

magickingdom

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 09:05:44 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 23, 2009, 08:59:46 PM

Is that the same shrink that Kerry would have used if they had been playing Tyrone? Kerry are no longer capable of playing with the same intensity as this Cork team. There is no doubting now though that Kerry will be breathing easier after Cork done what this Kerry team could never do ie. beat Tyrone. For that reason there will always be a question mark about their supposed greatness.

i would much rather a kerry/tyrone final for two reasons 1) we would have another chance to beat them and way more importantly 2) the chance of losing an ai to cork would be gone.

thebuzz

Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 08:44:16 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on August 23, 2009, 06:30:23 PM

I don't think that is likely to happen again. Kerry are weaker than 2007 whilst Cork are stronger. They have a lot of young fellas with U-21 medals who have brought through a wiinning mentality to an already established core group of players. One thing for sure is that if they win it they will have earned it having beaten Kerry, tyrone and probably Kerry again.

Tyrone couldn't match Cork's hunger and Kerry won't match it either if they beat Meath. Counihan will make sure there is no repeat of 2007. He will have their heads right. Kerry won't have the opportunity to play the way they did against the Dubs.

imtommygunn

While hunger is very important it's not really just hunger. Dealing with Cork's power and athleticism were their main issues.

Zapatista

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2009, 10:00:41 PM
While hunger is very important it's not really just hunger. Dealing with Cork's power and athleticism were their main issues.

Them boys can play football too.