Banty's hanging around for another while

Started by Maguire01, August 19, 2009, 06:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

thebandit

betelgeuse

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 23, 2009, 10:41:41 PM
I won't miss him if he does go. His team is the epitome of everything that is wrong with Gaelic football.

Harsh but the team has appeared to lack ambition in terms of its style of play in the last few years.

Maguire01

McEnaney to remain Monaghan boss 

Seamus McEnaney is to stay on as manager of the Monaghan team for a sixth consecutive year.

He informed the county board of his decision to continue on Tuesday evening after taking a number of weeks to consider his position.

The Farney county lost to Derry in the All-Ireland qualifiers.

Marty McElkennon, who had been strongly linked with a move to Derry, is staying on as team trainer but there will be changes to McEnaney's backroom team.

A high-profile name is expected to come on board in the next couple of days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8232768.stm

Schkite

McElkennon stays? Very surprised at that, but it'll be interesting to see who this "high profile" fella is.

mountainboii

I've heard a wee rumour about the 'high profile' fella that would be very bad news for Armagh people if true. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Schkite

Quote from: AFS on September 02, 2009, 12:02:52 AM
I've heard a wee rumour about the 'high profile' fella that would be very bad news for Armagh people if true. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Whos that, Grimley?  :D

Schkite

Quote from: Schkite on September 02, 2009, 12:31:15 AM

Jesus, I was only messing! But a very nice surprise!

mountainboii

Quote from: Schkite on September 02, 2009, 11:47:08 AM
Quote from: Schkite on September 02, 2009, 12:31:15 AM

Jesus, I was only messing! But a very nice surprise!

;) and :(

Main Street

It would appear that getting Grimley on board was the big part of Banty's decision to stay on another year.
Banty accepted something new was needed in the management team and with the CB support, an unequivocal offer was made to Grimley. I wonder did Banty have a plan B or was was Grimley's inclusion essential to his decision?

Plaudits to the CB for determination to complete a sound back up team in decisively supporting the changes to a serious plan to continue to build on progress made over recent years.

Logan

He must have been offered the job for next year Main Street?

Main Street

If so, then Mickey Harte will be devastated.

Schkite

Quote from: Logan on September 03, 2009, 11:45:48 AM
He must have been offered the job for next year Main Street?

I think this is the case alright.

Armamike

Quote from: Main Street on September 03, 2009, 11:43:31 AM
It would appear that getting Grimley on board was the big part of Banty's decision to stay on another year.
Banty accepted something new was needed in the management team and with the CB support, an unequivocal offer was made to Grimley. I wonder did Banty have a plan B or was was Grimley's inclusion essential to his decision?

Plaudits to the CB for determination to complete a sound back up team in decisively supporting the changes to a serious plan to continue to build on progress made over recent years.

Seems to be the way with Banty. Get in a new face in the backroom every other year or two, to keep the thing going. Bit of a case of moving the deck chairs around a bit -hard to see how anyone else coming in to help can get any more out of the present players.
That's just, like your opinion man.