Watching GAA in St Lucia

Started by ludermor, August 19, 2009, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

As it says in the title, one of the lads is getting married in St Lucia this weekend and he was wondering if there is anywhere to watch the Cork Tyrone game. I have tried the Setanta US/Caribean site but it is not showing the game until tuesday. http://www.setanta.com/US/Our-Sports/GAA/
Anyone know if there are anywhere that would be showing the RTE feed?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ludermor on August 19, 2009, 04:30:41 PM
As it says in the title, one of the lads is getting married in St Lucia this weekend and he was wondering if there is anywhere to watch the Cork Tyrone game. I have tried the Setanta US/Caribean site but it is not showing the game until tuesday. http://www.setanta.com/US/Our-Sports/GAA/
How much are you giving him for a present?

AZOffaly

We were in Saint Lucia for our honeymoon, but I don't think there was anywere for watching GAA, although it was March when we were there. There are a couple of areas that are popular with Europeans, and may pick up Setanta, especially around Castries or Rodney Bay.

ludermor

He knew people couldnt afford present and didnt want to get a bookeeper in to accountfor all the cards so he done th edecent thing and went away  ;)

Yeah i was told about one pizza place in Rodney Bay  ( Key Largo i think) who are supposed to show some but i couldnt find any definite place

Bogball XV

i'd say internet is his only option.

Frank Casey

There's a Shamrock's Bar on the harbour front in Rodney's Bay. Very plastic paddy though.

Best bet is to have a couple of bottles of the locally brewed Guinness (tastes like a mix of molasses and poteen) and drive on.
KERRY 3:7

ludermor

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 20, 2009, 04:15:30 PM
There's a Shamrock's Bar on the harbour front in Rodney's Bay. Very plastic paddy though.

Best bet is to have a couple of bottles of the locally brewed Guinness (tastes like a mix of molasses and poteen) and drive on.

I'm both scared yet excited by the thought of drinking molasses and poteen! And i wont even ask what strange event brought ye to be drinking such a concotion like that in the kingdom!!

Frank Casey

And ye wonder how we won 35 canisters ;)

The Blegard

Is he getting married or going to watch the game. Surely there is other things to do in St Lucia. You can watch re runs of the game to your hearts content when you get home. The recession has not hit you
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2009, 04:48:08 PM
We were in Saint Lucia for our honeymoon, but I don't think there was anywere for watching GAA, although it was March when we were there. There are a couple of areas that are popular with Europeans, and may pick up Setanta, especially around Castries or Rodney Bay.

+1 on all counts - I don't think any of those faux 'British/Irish' places would show GAA..

ludermor

Quote from: The Blegard on August 20, 2009, 05:16:25 PM
Is he getting married or going to watch the game. Surely there is other things to do in St Lucia. You can watch re runs of the game to your hearts content when you get home. The recession has not hit you

Its the bould PNut that is getting hitched, and its his cork wife to be that wants to watch the match unless he has a few tricks up his sleeve that she doesnt know about.

Frank Casey

Quote from: ludermor on August 21, 2009, 08:09:30 AM
Quote from: The Blegard on August 20, 2009, 05:16:25 PM

Its the bould PNut that is getting hitched, and its his cork wife to be that wants to watch the match unless he has a few tricks up his sleeve that she doesnt know about.

Its time he showed her the big one ;)