All Ireland S.H.C Final

Started by lilpaulie85, August 16, 2009, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpaulie85

i think after today tipp will be well up for this game. it's still hard to see them stopping kilkenny in their quest for 4 in a row. should be a decent final though.
Chase the dream not the competition.

slow corner back

Tipp have a serious full forward line which may trouble the cats who unusually conceded three goals to Waterford the last day. Having said that I would expect KK greater nous and experience to see them over the finishing line by about three.

lilpaulie85

Quote from: slow corner back on August 16, 2009, 09:45:08 PM
Tipp have a serious full forward line which may trouble the cats who unusually conceded three goals to Waterford the last day. .

Kilkenny live and breath for the first weekend in september, i just think tipps full forwards won't get enough of the ball they need to do the required damage, not with the way kilkennys half back line and midfield and by then cha will be back to top shape. man for man kilkenny have the class all over the park, havin said that if tipp start as they did against limerick they could cause an upset

bottlethrower7

Tipp are red-hot favourites for this. They have to be after how they've demolished everything that came before them, the way Kilkenny did last year. Its Tipp's year. Kilkenny will be cannon-fodder for them in 3 weeks time.

lilpaulie85

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on August 17, 2009, 09:18:32 AM
Tipp are red-hot favourites for this. They have to be after how they've demolished everything that came before them, the way Kilkenny did last year. Its Tipp's year. Kilkenny will be cannon-fodder for them in 3 weeks time.

Dont be stupid how can any team be red hot favorites against this Kilkenny team, I think maybe your bias. other than tipps full forward line there is nowhere where they will cause kilkenny problems realisticly. Plus the only team tipp demolished all year was Limerick yesterday. They struggeled against an old Cork side, a poor clare side, and in the munster final they were lucky to beat waterford who didnt take half their chances. Tipp i think are over rated and will be found out soon enough

INDIANA

Quote from: lilpaulie85 on August 17, 2009, 10:31:26 AM

Dont be stupid how can any team be red hot favorites against this Kilkenny team, I think maybe your bias. other than tipps full forward line there is nowhere where they will cause kilkenny problems realisticly. Plus the only team tipp demolished all year was Limerick yesterday. They struggeled against an old Cork side, a poor clare side, and in the munster final they were lucky to beat waterford who didnt take half their chances. Tipp i think are over rated and will be found out soon enough

Tipp are a good side and will give kilkenny a good game. If absolutely everything goes their way- you never know. But lets be clear about one thing your above post is a pile of garbage.

lilpaulie85

its all true every word of it watch the games back if you dont believe me

bottlethrower7

Lets try and look at this objectively. Lets say Kilkenny had Tipp's passage to the final. Improving with every game, culminating with an absolute demolition of their semi-final opposition to gain their place in the final. Imagine the hyperbole that would be spouted about Kilkenny if it was them in the semi yesterday.

Then put Tipp in Kilkenny's shoes. A struggle against Galway. A less than convincing victory against Dublin. Likewise against Waterford.

Anyone making Kilkenny favourites are doing so based on last year's championship. Not this years. If this year's championship was considered in its own right -forget the fact that Kilkenny won the last 3 all-Irelands, I think what I'm saying is correct.

I'm not sure if the 'pile of garbage' comment referred to me ot to lilpaulie85. If it was me I think the above explains my reasoning.

INDIANA

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on August 17, 2009, 10:55:40 AM
Lets try and look at this objectively. Lets say Kilkenny had Tipp's passage to the final. Improving with every game, culminating with an absolute demolition of their semi-final opposition to gain their place in the final. Imagine the hyperbole that would be spouted about Kilkenny if it was them in the semi yesterday.

Then put Tipp in Kilkenny's shoes. A struggle against Galway. A less than convincing victory against Dublin. Likewise against Waterford.

Anyone making Kilkenny favourites are doing so based on last year's championship. Not this years. If this year's championship was considered in its own right -forget the fact that Kilkenny won the last 3 all-Irelands, I think what I'm saying is correct.

I'm not sure if the 'pile of garbage' comment referred to me ot to lilpaulie85. If it was me I think the above explains my reasoning.

galway and waterford are immeasurably better opposition than limerick, clare and cork. thats why kilkenny are favourites.

Tipp however are clearly the 2nd best team in ireland -if they are as bad as our friend suggests then hurling should be packed up post haste.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2009, 11:06:42 AM
Tipp however are clearly the 2nd best team in ireland -if they are as bad as our friend suggests then hurling should be packed up post haste.

yes, at least. They can't be considered the best until they beat Kilkenny.

However, they are still favourites for the final. In my book anyway.

EddieMerx

Tipp will give them a game but their half forward line is simply not good enough to trouble Kilkenny.

Eoghan Mag

Tipp need to do way better with their free-taking against Kilkenny. Over-all their general play was good but they also conceeded a lot of frees against Limerick which Limerick failed to convert. If they not not shore up these aspects of their game it will be their undoing against Kilkenny.

I think having a good ref will go a long way to making this year's final a good spectacle. Kilkenny have been well known to resort to underhanded bully boy tactics when they feel an opposition is getting the upper hand. Tipp will need to keep their tempers in check and be well aware that if the game does get physical Kilkenny players will stoop as low as you can go to intimidate the opposition. The younger Tipp lads need to be aware that mere good skill and fine tactics don't always win All Irelands so they had better be ready to get bloodied if they are leading Kilkenny with about 8 minutes to go.

INDIANA

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on August 18, 2009, 02:00:39 AM
Tipp need to do way better with their free-taking against Kilkenny. Over-all their general play was good but they also conceeded a lot of frees against Limerick which Limerick failed to convert. If they not not shore up these aspects of their game it will be their undoing against Kilkenny.

I think having a good ref will go a long way to making this year's final a good spectacle. Kilkenny have been well known to resort to underhanded bully boy tactics when they feel an opposition is getting the upper hand. Tipp will need to keep their tempers in check and be well aware that if the game does get physical Kilkenny players will stoop as low as you can go to intimidate the opposition. The younger Tipp lads need to be aware that mere good skill and fine tactics don't always win All Irelands so they had better be ready to get bloodied if they are leading Kilkenny with about 8 minutes to go.

With all due respects tipp have never needed any lessons in how to lower the blades either as the league final proved. This is the same county that produced "Hells Kitchen". Tipp have plenty of hatchet men who can match the best of kilkenny in the physical stakes.

deiseach

Makes a refreshing change to see someone embrace the tag of favourites

Bord na Mona man

Diarmuid Kirwan is going to be the ref.
Remember when Brian Cody nearly combusted on the sideline when Kirwan reffed Kilkenny against Galway in 2004.
What are the chances of a repeat?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/article458587.ece