Mickey Harte slams Down football legends

Started by Tyrone_redhand, August 14, 2009, 09:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 18, 2009, 02:57:44 PM
Ach Fear quit making excuses. Sure they have a bloody conveyer belt haven't they. Gee whiz!

Just face it OurMa was the better side cos they won more Ulsters and did back to back AI finals & had it not been for Gormley taking speed for thon block they would have won back to back AI's.

How could I have forgotten, sure we didn't even deserve that first one, and only for Uranus being perfectly aligned with a full moon we were done for (or was that the moon?).  We were pure trash, so we were. Ulster titles rule.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 02:02:50 PM
The fact is that Tyrone have not been able to mount a sustained challenge in consecutive seasons, unlke Kerry and Armagh in the noughties, and only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

If Tyrone beat both Cork and Kerry and lift this year's AI title I will concede that they are an outstanding side

From memory he said something similar around this time last year :'(
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 02:02:50 PM
The fact is that Tyrone have not been able to mount a sustained challenge in consecutive seasons, unlke Kerry and Armagh in the noughties, and only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

If Tyrone beat both Cork and Kerry and lift this year's AI title I will concede that they are an outstanding side

Agh Tones ye make me laugh, if Mickey Harte and any of the tyrone team came walking past ye now ye'd be drooling all over them, telling them how great they are.. 

ONeill

To be fair - that Armagh side from 99-05 should've won more than one All-Ireland.

The reasons why they didn't:

Maurice Fitz '00
Paul Clancy or Justin McNulty '01
Conor Gormley or Diarmuid Marsden '03
Brewster or complacency '04
Joe Kernan '05
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SidelineKick

Quote from: ONeill on August 18, 2009, 05:42:58 PM
To be fair - that Armagh side from 99-05 should've won more than one All-Ireland.

The reasons why they didn't:

Maurice Fitz '00
Paul Clancy or Justin McNulty '01
Conor Gormley or Phillip Jordan '03
Brewster or complacency '04
Joe Kernan '05

Fixed that for you A'Nail  ;)
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Archie Mitchell

Don't think Armagh have any complaints over 2003, beaten by the better team. Marsden wouldn't have made a difference if he stayed on IMO. Tyrone should have won that game by more that 3 points, missed 2 great goal chances.

down6061689194

"tactics were all about being destructive and solely about stopping others playing football."

Pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 18, 2009, 03:12:30 PM
Quoteand only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

Maybe so but it's more generally accepted that lack of talent caught up with Armagh.  Division 3 standard players can only scrape through so often and eventually get caught out as one-trick ponies.
::)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something