Previous topic - Next topic

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

man in black

Quote from: Hardy on August 18, 2009, 09:49:22 AM
Quote from: man in black on August 18, 2009, 09:35:13 AM
Quote from: Hardy on August 18, 2009, 09:17:57 AM
Quote from: man in black on August 18, 2009, 08:56:57 AM
if Tyrone beat Cork then they will beat Kerry again.

Ahem ...

What ?

It's worse than I thought.

Take a step down to my level would you and explain. My opinion is that if Tyrone beat Cork that Tyrone will beat Kerry handy in the final. Just my opinion.

Declan

QuoteJust my opinion.

So Kerry are in the final already  are they?

man in black

Quote from: Declan on August 18, 2009, 10:55:28 AM
QuoteJust my opinion.

So Kerry are in the final already  are they?

Fair point i was being a bit dismissive of Meaths chances. To quantify then - i expect Kerry to beat Meath and then get beat by Tyrone in the final.

T Fearon

I honestly don't expect Tyrone to beat Cork and I feel it will all come to an end for this Tyrone team on Sunday. Cork's pace alone will blow Dooher and Co away. I feel Tyrone are now at where Armagh were in 2005, still capable of dragging themselves up to the plate, but very definitely nearing the end.

If kildare had really had the belief then Tyrone would be gone  already

Hardy

Quote from: man in black on August 18, 2009, 10:53:21 AM
Take a step down to my level would you and explain. My opinion is that if Tyrone beat Cork that Tyrone will beat Kerry handy in the final. Just my opinion.

Sorry - not trying to be on a different level at all. Just having a laugh really. Being completely unconsidered also-rans is the best possible position to be in as we take on Kerry, as Longford and Sligo showed.

Anyway - back to the real AIF.

supersarsfields

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 12:04:43 PM
I honestly don't expect Tyrone to beat Cork and I feel it will all come to an end for this Tyrone team on Sunday. Cork's pace alone will blow Dooher and Co away. I feel Tyrone are now at where Armagh were in 2005, still capable of dragging themselves up to the plate, but very definitely nearing the end.

If kildare had really had the belief then Tyrone would be gone  already

I'm suddenly feeling alot more confident for Tyrone now!!

rrhf

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 12:04:43 PM
We must remember that team was sadly capable of only winning one,  big guy, this Tyrone team has so far showed their capablity of 3, a team is not in decline when they are unbeaten in chamapionship football from their previous all ireland win, maybe you are looking too much at league football but sure thats only a warm up to Tyrone now. 

rory

Quote from: LeoMc on August 18, 2009, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: the green man on August 16, 2009, 11:44:25 PM
For me, football in the pre 00's was more about scoring more than your opponent(as if it never was but ye know what I'm trying to get at). Todays game has a more tactical slant to it, mostly either containment or stopping the other team from playing. The all out attck of the 80's an 90's was more pleasing on the eye, but it didn't always guarantee success. The game has move on from then, perhaps we, as supporters should too. Its never going to go back to a shoot out.

The past is always better. New ways are always worse.

I was reading Mick O's book at the weekend and he claims the Down team of 60-61 introduced new levels of fitness and conditioning (and possibly even hit the weights over the winter) but that they also introduced a bit of northern cynicism, always being ready to foul, and to foul on an organised basis to stop the opposition!!!

He must have amnesia in his old age.  It was Kerry who began the organised fouling system.....

T Fearon

The fact is that Tyrone have not been able to mount a sustained challenge in consecutive seasons, unlke Kerry and Armagh in the noughties, and only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

If Tyrone beat both Cork and Kerry and lift this year's AI title I will concede that they are an outstanding side

ziggysego

Tony, you're embarrassing yourself on this thread. Sure, Armagh were unlucky enough to only win one All-Ireland, but to say that they have elipsed the likes of Tyrone is silly.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: T Fearon on August 18, 2009, 02:02:50 PM
The fact is that Tyrone have not been able to mount a sustained challenge in consecutive seasons, unlke Kerry and Armagh in the noughties, and only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

Please do a little research on why Tyrone were unable to mount a serious challenge in consecutive years. And then perhaps concede that it is no coincidence that our most successful defence of SAM (regardless of what happens from here) occurs at a time when we are least troubled by death/injuries in the year after capturing SAM.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

Ach Fear quit making excuses. Sure they have a bloody conveyer belt haven't they. Gee whiz!

Just face it OurMa was the better side cos they won more Ulsters and did back to back AI finals & had it not been for Gormley taking speed for thon block they would have won back to back AI's.

Tony I hope you don't have to eat your words come Sept cos I hear you'd much rather a family bucket.

Over the Bar

Quoteand only for age catching up with Armagh it is unlikely that Tyrone would have won titles in 2003 and 2005.

Maybe so but it's more generally accepted that lack of talent caught up with Armagh.  Division 3 standard players can only scrape through so often and eventually get caught out as one-trick ponies.