2010 Congress is a Games Rule Changing one. Which one would you change?

Started by Seany, August 13, 2009, 11:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

LOL - some of those posts and ideas are great - a  lot are a throwback to yesteryear!

Change rules back to allow forwards shoulder charge keepers into goals with the ball
Make the throw in at the start of each half revert back to the entire two sides lining up to contest the ball and have the 'bishop' throw it in.
Finally back to either 5 points for a goal or the most number of goals scored wins the game regardless of how many points are scored !

Bud - if you had said 'microchip' instead of 'small battery' in the ball, I'd have backed you.
The power should be on the detector gear thats onthe antennae affixed to the top of the posts !

Good idea!

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 17, 2009, 01:15:41 PM
LOL - some of those posts and ideas are great - a  lot are a throwback to yesteryear!

Change rules back to allow forwards shoulder charge keepers into goals with the ball
Make the throw in at the start of each half revert back to the entire two sides lining up to contest the ball and have the 'bishop' throw it in.
Finally back to either 5 points for a goal or the most number of goals scored wins the game regardless of how many points are scored !

Bud - if you had said 'microchip' instead of 'small battery' in the ball, I'd have backed you.
The power should be on the detector gear thats onthe antennae affixed to the top of the posts !

Good idea!

Modern passports have data that can be read remotely without a power source. How many of you have walked down the street in say Manhattan with your passport in your pocket oblivious to the fact that a police car parked nearby could detect and read all the data on your passport without the cops even having to put down their donuts? 
MWWSI 2017

western exile

Quote from: muppet on August 17, 2009, 02:48:54 PM

Good idea!

Modern passports have data that can be read remotely without a power source. How many of you have walked down the street in say Manhattan with your passport in your pocket oblivious to the fact that a police car parked nearby could detect and read all the data on your passport without the cops even having to put down their donuts? 
That is the solution!  All umpires should be members of the N.Y.P.D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: muppet on August 17, 2009, 02:48:54 PM

Good idea!

yes - thats the kind of technology I was talking about.Coul dbe one or even a load of them inerted at various points inside the balls leather to pinpoint where the ball is and therefore make Buds ' wireless coathanger ball detector' track to see if it was a point or not !

them cops wouldnt have tracked me with that old passport I had !
though they woul dhave got a bit of a clue if they were watching me chat to them lovely skimplily clad ladies posing on the sidewalks !
;) :o

Bud Wiser

RFID will not work, no way of controlling the precise distance of the signal - I think.   So yer copper sitting in the car may well detec your passport but he will detect it within a constant radious.  I tried my idea and it worked fine, admittedly I used a head of cabbage instead of a football which I threw over the clothes line. I had a friend hold up the wooden handle of an old buck rake at one side and on the other I had the tranny's embedded in the handle of a sprong that I had nailed to the gable end.   Over went the cabbage and Bud gets lifted three feet off the ground. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Trevor Hill

Many of the rule changes mentioned on this thread would be simply unenforceable. The only rule I would like to see brought in is the introduction of the "mark". It is terrible to see a midfielder pluck a ball from the sky only for him to be blown up for overcarrying as he is surrounded by opposing players in what can only be described as a "scrum".

Kilconly SuperSub

Only allow fist passes.. Ban the handpass/throw...

Only 2 players from either side allowed between the 45s when if/the ball lands between the 45 during a kick out. Could achieve the same result as a mark without slowing up the game.

Mike all the officals and lets hear it on TV. Could give us a better understanding of whats going on...

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

cornafean

A straight red card for professional fouls designed to stop a player from scoring a goal.

There was a prime example of this problem 8 minutes into the second half of the Kerry/Armagh minor game on Sunday where an Armagh player advanced towards what seemed to be a a certain goal and was unceremoniously hauled down just outside the square. Armagh got a point from the resulting free but in preventing a goal Kerry were effectively rewarded by two points for this cynical foul.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

armaghniac

Kerry got at least two points from technical fouls by Armagh, thanks to young  O'Connor. I think that a free is sometimes a harsh punishment for certain technical fouls, bouncing twice and the like. As a consequence referees are inconsistent about applying these. Perhaps a hop ball would be better in these cases, it doesn't seem quite fair that a back clobbering a man leads to the same free as four steps.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donelli

Fisted points from the hand should be got rid of. think it came back into existense about '88.
It would encourage a greater use of the kicking skill

tyssam5

I demand a full review of the rules by the Tyrone county board! We have lost a match to an upstart team from Munster, therefore something shady must be going on! The powers that be need to take action to ensure that Sam is returned to Tyrone and the true flame of hope and beauty in the game is kept alive.

Perhaps all players greater than 6 feet 2 in height could be banned at once?

DUBSFORSAM1

1 - Mark only from goal kicks once it crosses the 45.
2 - Change the handpass to just a closed fist pass.
3 - Free-kicks from the ground when going for a score.
4 - Any deliberate foul to stop a goal scoring chance is a red card
5 - Abolish the square ball
6 - Any blocking of the quick free kick leads to bringing the ball forward 50 yards and a yellow card
7 - All bans are for matches rather than time.
8 - Any appeal if fails leads to a doubling of ban and appeals can't be made on technicalities
9 - For every 4 yellow cards you get a 1 game ban

fearbrags

Have  the  advantage rule like  rugby
  if  the  advantage does not happen  you  still give  the  free

BaileChoinnleoraPlayer

first of all, leave the game alone!

secondly, people gurnin about referees and umpires should wise themselves up. them lads have a damn hard job to do and no referee or umpire goes out to intentionally cheat. its human error. i no its very frustrating when they get it wrong, but thats what separates our game from that soccerball (or used to anyway)

if any new rule should be brought in, it should be automatic straight red for decent. none of this "bring the ball up 13 metres" shite.  we dont want our game turning into a fiasco that you might see when chelsea play man utd and a bunch of dickheads embarrassing themselves.

bita sense lads !!!