Mayo v Down Minor thread

Started by Farrandeelin, August 10, 2009, 08:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: AFS on August 24, 2009, 06:26:47 PM
Quote from: ross4life on August 24, 2009, 03:34:41 PM
After yesterdays Game Armagh will now be odds on favorites going into the All Ireland final, which is Huge pressure for under 18s to carry! there first final since 1992 i might add to ;) Mayo & Down have got to quiet a few minor finals since then & with Minor we all know you can play well one day awful the next, any of these three remaining teams are more that capable of winning the All Ireland

Would be surprised if that happened this team. They're unbeaten in 12 competitive matches this year, winning the last 11.
So are you saying that you would be surprised if they lose the AI Final regardless of whom they are playing?

mountainboii

I'd be surprised if they were 'awful'.

western exile

Quote from: AFS on August 24, 2009, 07:10:38 PM
I'd be surprised if they were 'awful'.
Ah.. okay.  It has the makings of a good final

lroberts680

Would you be able to land down to Croke park on Sunday and pay at the gate?

ross4life

i only have to refer to last years minors, after tyrone beat us i said no team will get close to them (they were that good that day) but in the All Ireland final Mayo Could have beaten them, same goes for this Armagh team before Sundays game they just sneaked past a average Kildare team, as for this years final Mayo will want to Win the All Ireland after losing the Final last year while Down will want revenge for the Armagh Defeat in Ulster
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stew

All the best of luck to Mayo come Sunday.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lroberts680 on August 24, 2009, 07:37:49 PM
Would you be able to land down to Croke park on Sunday and pay at the gate?

No, but there'll be the usual ticket places for you to pay there if that's what you mean.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

wherefromreferee?

One of the boyos at work here was saying that a down minor got an awful kicking at the weekend, and as a result won't be able to line out.  Anybody else hear this?
In your Endo!

western exile

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on August 25, 2009, 04:43:18 PM
One of the boyos at work here was saying that a down minor got an awful kicking at the weekend, and as a result won't be able to line out.  Anybody else hear this?
Yes, it is sad but true.  Paddy Boyle is the Full-back.  He was driving into Castlewellan to pick up  his friend who had just finished working in a bar.  His friend was set upon by  a bunch of thugs at a chipshop and he got assaulted too when he went to his friends rescue.  Apparently the lowlife were on a bus coming from a cage fight and stopped in the town.
http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540/5860/2009/8/25/625831_391664439562Latenight.html
and
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/psni-investigate-serious-assault-in-co-down-423644.html

stew

That is disgusting, i hope the get the tramps that did this and put them were they belong for a while, intensive care. Cnuts.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

I'd be suprised if Mayo dont beat Down.  I'm not sure what a lot of Armagh wans are fearful of meeting Down again for, a very average team who only kept the score respectable against Armagh by playing a GAA brand of Ranger's type anti-football, they didn't try to win IMO, they tried not to get stuffed.  If we meet Down again I'd be Muy confident.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: bennydorano on August 25, 2009, 07:30:26 PM
I'd be suprised if Mayo dont beat Down.  I'm not sure what a lot of Armagh wans are fearful of meeting Down again for, a very average team who only kept the score respectable against Armagh by playing a GAA brand of Ranger's type anti-football, they didn't try to win IMO, they tried not to get stuffed.  If we meet Down again I'd be Muy confident.

I hope you're right. We'll see on Sunday. Terrible loss to Down if the full-back is out. Just shows the type of society we live in nowadays.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

wherefromreferee?

Cheers WE, I picked up a copy of the IN on the way home from work.  Terrible news for the lad, and the team.  Crowds of hoods on the way home from a cage fighting event, desperate stuff.  The young fella Boyle and another 2 are injured.
In your Endo!

5 Sams

Quote from: bennydorano on August 25, 2009, 07:30:26 PM

Keep it coming lads :D
The Aristocrat Years

Trevor Hill