Count Me Out

Started by slievegullion, August 07, 2009, 11:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slievegullion

www.countmeout.ie

So no matter how much you neglect mass or the eucharist they will still claim you, finally someone has provided a way of completely severing ties.

Orior

Quote from: slievegullion on August 07, 2009, 11:55:50 AM
www.countmeout.ie

So no matter how much you neglect mass or the eucharist they will still claim you, finally someone has provided a way of completely severing ties.

I dont usually curse, but to the people behind the site I have two words "f**k off"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

slievegullion

Quote from: Orior on August 07, 2009, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: slievegullion on August 07, 2009, 11:55:50 AM
www.countmeout.ie

I dont usually curse, but to the people behind the site I have two words "f**k off"

Why?

Orior

What harm is the perceived ownership doing?

slievegullion

If you are involantarily committed to an organisation why should there not be a process to leave the organisation?

Orior

Quote from: slievegullion on August 07, 2009, 12:58:58 PM
If you are involantarily committed to an organisation why should there not be a process to leave the organisation?

Take it up with your parents.

slievegullion

Quote from: Orior on August 07, 2009, 01:11:02 PM

Sure theres nothing they can do either to allow me to leave the organisation?

Orior

Quote from: slievegullion on August 07, 2009, 01:14:20 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 07, 2009, 01:11:02 PM

Sure theres nothing they can do either to allow me to leave the organisation?

But they put you in.

Anyway, I'm sure you're not sending your kids to the catholic primary or secondary school, and you're not paying any weekly dues to the church, and you wont want a religious funeral so no worries, eh?

slievegullion

I don't have any children, I pay nothing to the church and, admittedly, at still such a young age death has not yet crossed my mind.

Rois

I think Orior's right - you'd be best making sure your parents know before the diocese, as it's they that'll organise the catholic funeral if you croak it, they who will expect a church wedding etc.  The church won't be the ones knocking on your door, rather the other way around.

Gnevin

It's a fecking disgrace that in this day and age you can't declare yourself non catholic for fear kids you may never have won't be able to go to the local school .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

scud

Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now......

Don't think i'd have the cojones to actually fill out the forms, my preferred route of rebellion is apathy coupled with witty cynicism  ;)

deiseach

I'm sure the Catholic church would be delighted to see there are adults out there who think that declarations made on your behalf when you are an infant are in some way binding.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 07, 2009, 02:14:36 PM
It's a fecking disgrace that in this day and age you can't declare yourself non catholic for fear kids you may never have won't be able to go to the local school .

Jeeze, I actually agree with you, that's very true. It's also a disgrace that you have to have your children baptised to go to the local school and that they have to go through first communion and confirmation. 

That said, that website is a bit daft.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Diet Coke

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 07, 2009, 02:28:56 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 07, 2009, 02:14:36 PM

Jeeze, I actually agree with you, that's very true. It's also a disgrace that you have to have your children baptised to go to the local school and that they have to go through first communion and confirmation. 
That said, that website is a bit daft.   

No you dont
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.