Kerry v Meath All-Ireland Semi-Final 30th August 09

Started by never kickt a ball, August 03, 2009, 03:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

yellowcard

I think Kerry will blow either Mayo or Meath out of the water. They would beat the pick of both counties and are a different class to either of those 2 teams.

highorlow

QuoteI think Kerry will blow either Mayo or Meath out of the water. They would beat the pick of both counties and are a different class to either of those 2 teams.

Lovely. That's what we want to hear, plus plenty of it in the papers also from the so called 'experts'.

It will be all on the day and all you have to do is ask Kerry about 2001..........
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AbbeySider

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:46:51 PM
I think Kerry will blow either Mayo or Meath out of the water. They would beat the pick of both counties and are a different class to either of those 2 teams.

So you think Kerry will show up if they are against Mayo in the Semi's?  :P

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 03, 2009, 09:28:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2009, 05:46:51 PM

So you think Kerry will show up if they are against Mayo in the Semi's?  :P

Someone's fallen off the Hoganstand.com methinks AbbeySider  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

No trophies handed out today .Jack will have to pay close attention to next Sundays action .I thought Mayo might win this handilly enough but Meath will not be easy .Bray will be a loss but this Meath team is slowly making their way back .

Mayo need to snap out of it after their first win against Galway in Salthill in a long time . If they dont hit the ground running on Sunday then Meath could well grind them down

agorm

Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2009, 10:04:29 PM
No trophies handed out today .Jack will have to pay close attention to next Sundays action .I thought Mayo might win this handilly enough but Meath will not be easy .Bray will be a loss but this Meath team is slowly making their way back .

Mayo need to snap out of it after their first win against Galway in Salthill in a long time . If they dont hit the ground running on Sunday then Meath could well grind them down

Good call - though they did seem then hit the ground running.

Eastern_Pride

Mayo lost today purely because they expected to win comfortably, and were punished. Kerry must not suffer the same fate as they have been severely over-hyped, and must not convince themselves they have to just turn up. I think meath may have the better of kerry in the end, and a dark horse for the whole thing, albeit a wholly blackened out horse
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 09, 2009, 11:09:19 PM
Mayo lost today purely because they expected to win comfortably, and were punished. Kerry must not suffer the same fate as they have been severely over-hyped, and must not convince themselves they have to just turn up. I think meath may have the better of kerry in the end, and a dark horse for the whole thing, albeit a wholly blackened out horse

Kerry don't really do complacency though. For all the talk of them being arrogant and expecting to be there every single September, they very rarely lose when they're strong favourites - which they will be for this match.............Yerrah  ;)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Eastern_Pride

Donnellys Hollow

Kerry were hardly overwhelming favs (which they will be for this) in '01. It was the meeting of the last two All-Ireland winners - Meath '99, Kerry '00. Meath had great players all over the field back then from O'Reilly and Fay in the full-back line, the excellent McDermott at midfield, Giles as the playmaker and Geraghty and Ollie Murphy doing the damage inside. I doubt complacency had anything to do with Kerry's demise that day. It was just one of those quare occasions when nothing went right for one team and everthing the other team touched turned to gold.

Tyrone are the only team that have beaten Kerry at the business end of the championship since '02. Unlike Kerry though, Tyrone seem to be more vulnerable against inferior teams when they are favourites. They have lost to the likes of Mayo, Laois and Meath in the same period - all teams they would have been expected to beat. Kerry just don't seem to lose those games when they are strong favourites.

I'd expect Meath to give them a much sterner test than Dublin provided. Meath won't lie down and have their bellies tickled like the Dubs but ultimately I'd expect Kerry to be too strong. Anyone banking on Kerry being complacent going into this match is well wide of the mark IMHO.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 09, 2009, 11:51:29 PM
Kerry were hardly overwhelming favs (which they will be for this) in '01. It was the meeting of the last two All-Ireland winners - Meath '99, Kerry '00. Meath had great players all over the field back then from O'Reilly and Fay in the full-back line, the excellent McDermott at midfield, Giles as the playmaker and Geraghty and Ollie Murphy doing the damage inside. I doubt complacency had anything to do with Kerry's demise that day. It was just one of those quare occasions when nothing went right for one team and everthing the other team touched turned to gold.

Tyrone are the only team that have beaten Kerry at the business end of the championship since '02. Unlike Kerry though, Tyrone seem to be more vulnerable against inferior teams when they are favourites. They have lost to the likes of Mayo, Laois and Meath in the same period - all teams they would have been expected to beat. Kerry just don't seem to lose those games when they are strong favourites.

I'd expect Meath to give them a much sterner test than Dublin provided. Meath won't lie down and have their bellies tickled like the Dubs but ultimately I'd expect Kerry to be too strong. Anyone banking on Kerry being complacent going into this match is well wide of the mark IMHO.
The thing is, meath are that statistic since '01. Meath have improved immensely while kerry have had one good game all championship. They are overwhelming favourites for that reason alone.

DennistheMenace

orangeman

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 10, 2009, 12:09:00 AM
Meath to beat Kerry ? No fcking chance.

Apparently Meath had no chance of beating Mayo either.