AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

thejuice

Where are yiz all seeing the game again, alas i cant watch the Sunday game, whilst in exile, is it on youtube
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thejuice on August 23, 2009, 10:25:43 PM
Where are yiz all seeing the game again, alas i cant watch the Sunday game, whilst in exile, is it on youtube
yeah most of it is on youtube, watched it earlier, should come up in a search. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

yellowcard

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2009, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 10:12:05 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2009, 10:07:19 PM
Just saw the Canty one again. Hmm, dirty enough. Could come back to haunt him. Miskella will miss the final.

No he won't. Got a yellow for it. Incidentally why is McGuigan not getting the stick O'Mahony got last year for his playacting. Although it wasn't as obvious as O'Mahonys it was still unsavoury.
Is that not a thing of the past? I think he can be pulled up even if the ref dealt with it. Maybe not.

Fair enough, but I still don't think he'll miss the final after the injustice of the O'Connor sending off. Plus in the absence of the judges that are McStay and Lyons on the Sunday Game tonight, the other panelists didn't highlight the incident too much or call for a ban.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Bizarre game in ways. Tyrone have spent the best part of the last decade defying the traditional laws of Gaelic football by routinely being outfielded at midfield yet manufacturing victories in spite of this. Today they were too comphrensively destoryed in the middle sector to be able to recover. Cavanagh was undoubtedly a huge loss but you have to give that Cork side a huge amount of credit. Took everything in their stride and look like a hell of an impressive outfit. Felt for Tyrone though. I mightn't like them but I can't help but respect them. They went out without a whimper today, very unlike them. If they reutrn from this to win another All Ireland it'll be another badge of greatness for a truely great team.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mickeys beard

Well done Cork! 

After watching match, don't think Tyrone would've won today even with another Cork sending off which was possible.  Cork hit the ground running and Tyrone didn't-first twenty minutes was crucial and silly mistakes handed the scores to the rebels.  Can't help but thinking that Tyrones free roaming positional play was their undoing-might have had more chance with a man-to-man system with the odd foray forward for the half backs.  Half-backs trying for crucial scores near the end when you had the likes of Stevie and Mugsy up front was frustrating to watch.  Cork done the homework and carried it through on the pitch.

Bannon was terrible but wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome of this game.  The sending-off was harsh but I still believe they were two bookable offences.  Several times Cork players led with the legs, which is highly dangerous in gaelic football-I hope they correct this before the final because on another day two or three could walk.  McGuigan got some clout-would've been worse had he not anticipated the blow and retracted his head slightly.  To anyone insinuating playacting on his behalf, bear in mind the injury that almost wrecked his career.

All-in-all, while not a high-scoring free-flowing exhibition, it was an exciting and intriguing game right up to the end.

This Tyrone team owes us nothing.  To all in Tyrone and some further afield, they are legends forever and through success have hopefully set up a legacy for success in the future.

Perhaps Spillane's outburst was one of frustration that Kerry will never get a chance to lay the ghost to rest that Tyrone ARE the team of the decade.

Don't mind the poor Kerry crayters-it's the nearest they'll get to gloating after beating Tyrone in the championship!

Up the Rebels!
Boil the Drawers!

Agnes Dipesto

Congratulations to Cork on their win, I would love to see them win the AI. Tyrone were very sluggish and never really got into the game, Harte and Jordan in particular had a nightmare.

Mike Sheehy

QuotePerhaps Spillane's outburst was one of frustration that Kerry will never get a chance to lay the ghost to rest that Tyrone ARE the team of the decade.

Don't mind the poor Kerry crayters-it's the nearest they'll get to gloating after beating Tyrone in the championship!

Up the Rebels!

You had your chance to do back-to-back AI to show us all how supposedly "great" you are and you crumbled as you always do.

Tyrone will never handle the level of expectation and pressure that teams like Kerry, Dublin and Kilkenny have to deal with on a routine basis. You are not worthy champions. That has been proven time and time again.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2009, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 10:46:03 PM
Just saw the Canty one again. Hmm, dirty enough. Could come back to haunt him. Miskella will miss the final.

No he won't. Got a yellow for it. Incidentally why is McGuigan not getting the stick O'Mahony got last year for his playacting. Although it wasn't as obvious as O'Mahonys it was still unsavoury.
Is that not a thing of the past? I think he can be pulled up even if the ref dealt with it. Maybe not.

Fair enough, but I still don't think he'll miss the final after the injustice of the O'Connor sending off. Plus in the absence of the judges that are McStay and Lyons on the Sunday Game tonight, the other panelists didn't highlight the incident too much or call for a ban.
I don't think that will come into it at all. He will be suspended.

You reckon without Fra Murphy. He'll play.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

yellowcard

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2009, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2009, 10:46:03 PM

I don't think that will come into it at all. He will be suspended.

If it was a first round game I'd agree but I just get a feeling he will play. Anyway lets wait and see.

gerry

fair play to cork as the best team won today.  glad to see the wum still going strong tonight with some of the posts made today.  ref was woefull with both teams, hopfully he will go back to junior games.

some of MH subs timing where interesting, gormley after he went down should have being of the field of play along time before he did.

once again well done to cork and thanks tyrone for the last 18 months
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

cadhlancian

lads, heres the short and the sweet of it..John Miskella struck Brian McGuigan. The referee did NOT assess the incident correctly, because if he did, then he would have lined him. When he is asked ( and he will be asked ) to reassess the incident, his view will surely differ, and Miskella WILL be called before the ccc . At the minute I would say he has NO chance of playing in the all ireland final

johnpower

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 23, 2009, 06:23:58 PM
Really hope Meath beat kerry, shut Spillane up, made a real ass of himself today.

fair play Joe brolly, didnt bite, just highlighted the fact that Spillane, and every other Kerry muppet, would prefer to see their arch rivals and near neighbours Cork win than seeing the Nordies win...  Pathetic

Oh dear some one is very cross

Mickeys beard

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 10:55:13 PM
QuotePerhaps Spillane's outburst was one of frustration that Kerry will never get a chance to lay the ghost to rest that Tyrone ARE the team of the decade.

Up the Rebels!

You had your chance to do back-to-back AI to show us all how supposedly "great" you are and you crumbled as you always do.

Tyrone will never handle the level of expectation and pressure that teams like Kerry, Dublin and Kilkenny have to deal with on a routine basis. You are not worthy champions. That has been proven time and time again.

Jaysis' I'm glad I'm from Tyrone!
Boil the Drawers!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 10:55:13 PM

Shame on you Mike. You might have had a chance of getting away with it if you'd been able to resist lobbing in Dublin. Three All-Irelands in six years would suggest that maybe Tyrone aren't that bad at handling pressure, really, when compared to Dublin's one title in over a quarter-century.

Anyone who wins the cup is a worthy champion. Or else there's no point in holding the competition, is there? Shame on you.