Antrim won't win a match in next year's Championship

Started by Lady GAA GAA, July 29, 2009, 07:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady GAA GAA

You heard it here first.

Jesus they're a mediocre bunch. Commendable spirit but a serious dearth of talent. Caught Donegal on a real freak of an off-day and Cavan will have improved enough next year to handle them.

Donnellys Hollow

Wouldn't bank on that - they'll walk through the Christy Ring if they are relegated  ;)
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Lady GAA GAA

That hilarious reply would work if it wasn't for the existence of the Hurling section.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

armaghniac

Fermanagh have upped their game so that everyone expects them to win several games in the championship, hopefully Antrim can do likewise.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Frank Casey

Have to say Antrim impressed me this year. Champioship might bite them in the a**e next year but thats down to draw, not what they have.
KERRY 3:7

ziggysego

Antrim had a terrific run this year. It was just unfortunate they played both Tyrone or Kerry or they could have been playing longer into the summer. And remember, they weren't that far away from either teams. Just a rub of the green and lack of experience. This year will do them wonders for next year.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 29, 2009, 07:44:41 PM
You heard it here first.

Jesus they're a mediocre bunch. Commendable spirit but a serious dearth of talent. Caught Donegal on a real freak of an off-day and Cavan will have improved enough next year to handle them.
Would I be right in saying you hail from Londonderry? thats the type of ye

dundrumite

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 29, 2009, 07:44:41 PM
You heard it here first.

Witty name
shit thread

stevecw

Of course they will, unless they get a horrible draw.
Like Tyrone 1st up and then a qualifier away to Cork/Kerry.

If they play Cavan, Fermanagh and maybe even Down, Monaghan or Armagh they could very well win a match in Ulster and maybe even 2!
Even if they don't, they can get lucky in qualifiers, and draw London, Waterford or teams like that at home. So to say they won't win a match next year in championship is crazy!!

Antrim impressed me in Div 4 when i saw them crack 4-14 past a weak Carlow effort. But that same weak Carlow side went out the next week and beat Wicklow by 7 points. So Antrim have looked good all year. And a league in Div 3, which i reckon they will win, will set them up nicely for a go at Ulster!  :)

BallyhaiseMan

On this years performance,
Antrim certainly have the beating of Fermanagh and Cavan,and probably Armagh and Down.
i dont think they would beat Donegal again.
Tyrone,Monaghan and Derry are a bit ahead of Antrim in my opinion.

Things of course will change come the summer of 2010,

cadhlancian