Baby Monitors

Started by nrico2006, July 27, 2009, 05:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Just looking to see if anyone on the board has the video baby monitors and if so which ones are good - e.g. are there battery powered ones or do they all plug into a socket and whats the visibility like and are they worth getting?

Thanks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

illdecide

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 27, 2009, 05:11:01 PM
Just looking to see if anyone on the board has the video baby monitors and if so which ones are good - e.g. are there battery powered ones or do they all plug into a socket and whats the visibility like and are they worth getting?

Thanks.

I got cracker ones from Boots, they were £99 and run from the sockets and batteries. They linked up to the TV set in the living room and you could flick the channel over anytime to check on them. the bad thing with them is you get paranoid with them and every noise you hear the TV is switched over.

I'd say you could get them much cheaper now though as there is a lot more competition now
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sammymaguire

I got one which has a sensor pad you can put under the mattress and has an alarm in case the movement stops, scary though when the alarm goes off in the middle of the night when the wee fella crawls into a ball at the bottom of the cot.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Tony Baloney

nrico is this so the missus can keep an eye on you when you're passed out drunk in the spare room?

brokencrossbar1

This is just nonsense.  Get off your lazy hole and go and check on the child if it is so important.  The old Tomy sound ones are grand and will not add to the wife's PND.

gerrykeegan

We got the video one with our first and it was fine for our house, 3 bed semi, went to sisters house larger house good solid walls and it was no good, had to go back to the audio only ones which work great, second lad arrived at christmas, we dont even bother with the monitor.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Our Nail Loney

f**k I am glad I don't have children.

99quid for f**king monitors???

Babys must be money suckers.

Hound

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 27, 2009, 06:20:49 PM
We got the video one with our first and it was fine for our house, 3 bed semi, went to sisters house larger house good solid walls and it was no good, had to go back to the audio only ones which work great, second lad arrived at christmas, we dont even bother with the monitor.
Same here.

By the second you have copped on that if they are not happy they'll roar loud enough for you to hear them without the monitor.

Maiden1

We got a baby monitor that has a thermometer on it and it beeps when the temperature reached over 22 degrees, apparently that is the ideal temperature for babies (not a video one).  Was a complete nightmare, on a reasonable hot day it is impossible to keep the temperature under 22 unless you have a fan on full time in the room and there was no way to turn the beep thing off.  It's bad enough getting no sleep with a new baby crying all the time but when the monitor is going beep beep as well every 2 minutes there is only 1 place for it (out the window).
There are no proofs, only opinions.

moysider

Sound only ones are grand. My latest use for them is to let me know when the bitch[dog that is] is pupping. That way I dont have to wait up all night watching. Losing a pup is expensive so I m wide awake when the first one cries.

ONeill

Used a baby monitor (ebay) for one day and fecked it into the attic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

Had the monitors for the first nipper, then didn't bother for the 2nd. 
Keep 'er lit

FL/MAYO

I used one for the first 3 months, they are useful if you live in a 2 story house saves you running up and down the stairs to check on the baby. We all have to admit that as first time parents you were a nervous wreak for a couple of months, the monitor if any thing gives you a piece of mind when you are trying to relax a little bit.

Tony Baloney

I certainly wouldn't be shelling out a hundred quid on monitors. We have just had normal Tomy ones this past five years and they've been grand. Cost you about 30 quid or so. As someone said, the temperature alarm is a pain in the hole and it tends to get turned off at that stage.