Most Hated In Your County

Started by Apple Crumble, July 27, 2009, 04:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 28, 2009, 06:29:53 PM
Cargiin and St Galls for their arrogance, St Johns for their dirt.

Would that not be sarsfields for their dirt last night against lamh dearg?

orangeman

Quote from: qub la la la on July 28, 2009, 06:41:41 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on July 28, 2009, 06:29:53 PM
Cargiin and St Galls for their arrogance, St Johns for their dirt.

Would that not be sarsfields for their dirt last night against lamh dearg?

Sarsfields then.

rosnarun

hate has to be better based than the fact that a team are successfull,
else explain mayo people abhorrance of all things roscommon, though  i reckon wed hate Leitrim more if we could just keep remebering exactly where it is.
on a clun level it has to be that bunch of knuckle Draggers from Garrymore
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ziggysego on July 27, 2009, 04:56:32 PM
Negativity
That's a new one on me: what county are you talking about?  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on July 27, 2009, 05:54:15 PM
I took it seriously too.

Cross have beaten us 10 years ina  row or something, I fecking hate them for that!

IF thats your reason for hating us i cant see you mellowing in the forseeable future. ;) :)

Owenmoresider

Not sure if many clubs in Sligo could have widespread contempt, but the two most likely would be Tubbercurry and St. Mary's, the old empire of the late 70's-80's. Other clubs would be disliked here and there, but not perhaps by enough to be deemed as 'hated'.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 29, 2009, 01:03:23 AM
Not sure if many clubs in Sligo could have widespread contempt, but the two most likely would be Tubbercurry and St. Mary's, the old empire of the late 70's-80's. Other clubs would be disliked here and there, but not perhaps by enough to be deemed as 'hated'.

Jees OMS Im shocked, so your just winding me up so with the grange comments...and you actually dont really hate us..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 29, 2009, 05:42:16 AM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 29, 2009, 01:03:23 AM

Jees OMS Im shocked, so your just winding me up so with the grange comments...and you actually dont really hate us..
Note the bit in bold. I was trying to envisage a majority view. Think about it, ourselves and Ballisodare would fairly despise each other, but for most clubs we barely come onto the radar, so we wouldn't be hated.

Gaaman

The Moy for me......Don't like the team, hate the people even more.

stevecw

In Carlow, its my own club Eire Og.
All due to our success. Winning the most co titles ever, and of course the 5 Leinsters we won in 90s doesn't help! ::)
We are hated by the rest of the county cos of that. And added to the fact that O'Hanrahans our biggest town rivals have always hated us, but its ok there as the feeling is mutual!

Even refs within the county are well known for not liking us, but what can you do!

After a rebuliding process we have won the last 2 county titles, and last year got back to Leinster semi. So this year hopefully we do the hat-trick and at least reach a leinster final. :)

But even what i've said above explains why Carlow football just doesn't work. Most good players won't commit. Eire Og usually are the best, having 8 or 9 on co panel...but then they are playing with guys who hate them basically, and there is also selectors from the rural clubs who will pick any random guy ahead of a better EO player!  ::)

We need a Micko to sort it all out!

thegael

LilySavage

Confey in Kildare, the scum of Leixlip

tonesfirstandlast

Used to be Lavey. Everybody hated Lavey but no one cares anymore as they are useless.

Leo

Castlewellan and their endless spoofing about "the town".
Shamrocks and their "ownership" of the marshes.
Warrenpoint and their constant yap yap yap on the pitch.
Ballycran, Ballygalget and Portaferry for their ghettoism.

Anybody left?

On the plus side, Ballyholland and the horse that won me a few bob yesterday.
Fierce tame altogether

cavan4sam