Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I'm amazed the Northern lads don't resort to the usual Ulster method of sorting these things out and concentrate on the only distinction that really matters to them. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the ULSTER team of the decade ... ta daaaa.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Decide on your decade, decede from the Championship and decode your message...

@ drici...tough?? Try bough
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

magickingdom

Quote from: comeontheredhands on July 26, 2009, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on July 26, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
if kerry win the ai this year kerry are the team of the decade....

and when tyrone win it this year they still won`t be the team of the decade as far as you boys are concerned

if tyrone win this year they'll have 4 just like kerry and it will be a tie for team of the decade. its all about the bling.....

drici

magickingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 28, 2009, 12:24:12 AM
You're scraping the bottom of a green and gold barrel there magickingdom. Nothing's been won or lost yet and already you're attempting to trade on past glories. Are you that certain that the Dubs are going to dump you on your Kerry asses?  ;)

fear, i cant believe you think i think the dubs are going to beat us, not going to happen imo. but i did start this thread with the intention of helping tyrone supporters understand the massive achievement back to back all irelands represent. if they do succeed i'll be first to offer my congratulations. in the meantime as my grandma used to say 'even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut' ;)

tyssam5

Quote from: magickingdom on July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM
tyrone have a hard road ahead of them if their to achieve their dream of back to back all irelands and be in contention for team of the decade. if they overcome kildare they could yet have to beat cork in the semi final and maybe face kerry in the final. thats a tough ask but back to backs aint easy

Magic, you had a good point right up till you picked an easy team for us in the final. Throw in Dublin in the final and that would indeed be a hard road.

We are tired of humping Kerry lad, I'm not even joking.

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2009, 12:01:29 AM
Quotebut Tyrone have not been beaten by the likes of kerry 

I promise you I will not mention Tyrone being beaten this decade by the likes of Sligo, Down, Laois , Mayo  :D

Mike, you wouldn't change that avatar? It's a wee bit embarrassing when you don't have hold of Sam at minute.

I'll pull mine if and when we relinquish the cup.

muppet

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 28, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

I promise you I will not mention Tyrone being beaten this decade by the likes of Sligo, Down, Laois , Mayo  :D

Mike, you wouldn't change that avatar? It's a wee bit embarrassing when you don't have hold of Sam at minute.

Not in public please.
MWWSI 2017

tyssam5

Quote from: muppet on July 28, 2009, 08:17:45 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on July 28, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

I'll send you the link, the monthly subscription is pretty hefty though.
Not in public please.

magickingdom

fair play to tyrone they stood up to a gallant kildare yesterday (who nearly beat dublin) and held on for a victory to keep their quest for back to back ai's on the road. up next tho cork and then quite possibly kerry so for tyrone is welcome to the munster championship. without a doubt tyrone will be favourites but it will will be hard earned if they succeed...

tyssam5

Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:55:57 PM
fair play to tyrone they stood up to a gallant kildare yesterday (who nearly beat dublin) and held on for a victory to keep their quest for back to back ai's on the road. up next tho cork and then quite possibly kerry so for tyrone is welcome to the munster championship. without a doubt tyrone will be favourites but it will will be hard earned if they succeed...

Sure even if we win it this year, yis are still the team of the decade. You have loads of 2nd places to break the 4-4 tie!

comethekingdom

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 03, 2009, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 03, 2009, 05:55:57 PM

Sure even if we win it this year, yis are still the team of the decade. You have loads of 2nd places to break the 4-4 tie!
Good to see a man with a bit of common sense and rational reasoning at last !

blanketattack

Another "team of the decade" thread..........

comethekingdom

Quote from: blanketattack on August 03, 2009, 11:48:29 PM
Another "team of the decade" thread..........

Pat Spillane put that topic to bed there now! No questions about it anymore, Thanks.