Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 27, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 26, 2009, 09:44:33 PM
Quotetyrone have a hard road ahead of them if their to achieve their dream of back to back all irelands and be in contention for team of the decade

it makes it somewhat easier when you've thrashed your closest rivals for the accolade in all 3 meetings between them

Pity then they have won more All-Irelands, made more semi-finals etc while you have been beaten by the likes of Mayo and Laois etc...

but they have been beaten by the likes of Tyrone but Tyrone have not been beaten by the likes of kerry  ;) 

red hander

We didn't start all this team of the decade shenanigans, that was the Kerry loving Dublin media ... and the talk soon stopped when their heirs apparent fell at the final hurdle last year

... and yes, it is hard to win back-to-back AIs

Kerry Mike

Its next to impossible to win the 2 in a row never mind a 3 in a row.

As for the Team of the decade talk its not important to us, I suppose that will be measured at the end of this year over the last ten years and will be based on consistancy over the decade, in first of all championship games and also the National league should be added in.

Currently in the All Ireland championships excluding the provincial championships games this is where Kerry and Tyrone stand. 

Kerry   W   D   L   P
Qualifiers   8   0   0   8
Quarters   8   1   0   9
Semis   7   2   2   11
Finals   4   1   3   8
Total   27   4   5   36

Tyrone   W   D   L   P
Qualifiers   11   1   3   15
Quarters   3   0   2   5
Semis   3   0   0   3
Finals   3   0   0   3
Total   20   1   5   26

I will leave it up to the experts to decide on the team of the decade. I Remember the 70's being callled the Decade of the Dubs even though Kerry beat them in 3 finals and had another won at the start of that decade for good measure !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Quotebut Tyrone have not been beaten by the likes of kerry 

I promise you I will not mention Tyrone being beaten this decade by the likes of Sligo, Down, Laois , Mayo  :D
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tyrone86

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2009, 12:01:29 AM

I promise you I will not mention Tyrone being beaten this decade by the likes of Sligo, Down, Laois , Mayo  :D

When's the last time Kerry beat Down  :P

moysider

Yeah Mike but Kerry folk did their bit to put that 70 s Dublin team on a pedestal. I m talking about players and manager who always gave the hacks what they wanted to hear. I never remember a Kerryman say - ' well actually apart from a couple of years the Dublin rivalry was nothing special'. If Dublin were nt about the Kerry lads would nt have got the same attention. Not as sexy beating lads from Cork, Roscommon or Offaly. But if truth be told the Offaly/Kerry meetings of the early 70s and 80s were every bit as good as the Dub era. The Offaly players were better footballers and some of those games were up there with the 77 semi.

stew

Quote from: comeontheredhands on July 26, 2009, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on July 26, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
if kerry win the ai this year kerry are the team of the decade....

and when tyrone win it this year they still won`t be the team of the decade as far as you boys are concerned

They would be as far as I am concerned, it wouldnt even be close.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 28, 2009, 12:01:29 AM

and Kerry could not do what Sligo, Down, Laois and Mayo did  :P

Fear ón Srath Bán

You're scraping the bottom of a green and gold barrel there magickingdom. Nothing's been won or lost yet and already you're attempting to trade on past glories. Are you that certain that the Dubs are going to dump you on your Kerry asses?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

boojangles

Tyrone are the team of the decade,FULL STOP. Experts-Id know more than all of them put together.

longrunsthefox

Kerry people have this obsession with lists of their past wins. Morning of 2005 All Irealnd final I was driving down the Drumcondra Road with Tyrone colours flying from the car and this moron from the so-called kingdom threw a sheet of paper in through the window. It had a list of kerry's All Ireland wins  :D. Rite enuff he wasn't able to add another title to it a few hours later  ;)   

Kerry Mike

QuoteKerry people have this obsession with lists of their past wins. Morning of 2005 All Irealnd final I was driving down the Drumcondra Road with Tyrone colours flying from the car and this moron from the so-called kingdom threw a sheet of paper in through the window. It had a list of kerry's All Ireland wins  . Rite enuff he wasn't able to add another title to it a few hours later     

And Tyrone never mention their past wins !!!

If you still have that list will you mark down 2006 and also 2007 and then check if the total number is 36, its good to keep these things up to date, when you have so many you can lose track easily.

I can't remember everyone I gave a list to  ;)
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

comethekingdom

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 28, 2009, 01:07:40 AM
Kerry people have this obsession with lists of their past wins. Morning of 2005 All Irealnd final I was driving down the Drumcondra Road with Tyrone colours flying from the car and this moron from the so-called kingdom threw a sheet of paper in through the window. It had a list of kerry's All Ireland wins  :D. Rite enuff he wasn't able to add another title to it a few hours later  ;)   

Boo Hoo! It's still so hard to accecpt that Tyrone have only 3 AI titles !! :D But sure ye'll have a fourth in under 7 weeks time.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 28, 2009, 07:46:19 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 28, 2009, 01:07:40 AM

Boo Hoo! It's still so hard to accecpt that Tyrone have only 3 AI titles !! :D But sure ye'll have a fourth in under 7 weeks time.

Nah, it will be Mayo collecting our 4'th All-Ireland  ;)

A Quinn Martin Production

Do people agree that Antrim and Wicklow are leading contenders for team of the decade beginning 2009?? ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties