Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

When Kildare and Longford beat Kerry in All Ireland finals you will know what we are talking about... and so will your grandchildren   ;)

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 26, 2009, 05:24:54 PM
When Kildare and Longford beat Kerry in All Ireland finals you will know what we are talking about... and so will your grandchildren   ;)

We bate them in the 1998 All-Ireland semi and they were nothing but gracious, even though they had a Denis O'Dwyer goal probably wrongly disallowed for a square ball. Paidí Ó Sé wrote in his book how one Kildare supporter said to him that it was an honour to have beaten Kerry as he walked out of the Kildare dressing room.

Perhaps you could learn a thing or two about graciousness from Kerry people.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 26, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on August 26, 2009, 05:24:54 PM

We bate them in the 1998 All-Ireland semi and they were nothing but gracious, even though they had a Denis O'Dwyer goal probably wrongly disallowed for a square ball. Paidí Ó Sé wrote in his book how one Kildare supporter said to him that it was an honour to have beaten Kerry as he walked out of the Kildare dressing room.

Perhaps you could learn a thing or two about graciousness from Kerry people.

Any wonder they were gracious... your manager and best player were from Kerry  :D

Donnellys Hollow

What's your point??

Maybe if Tyrone had Micko in charge they might have four All-Irelands including back-to-back titles like ourselves!!   :P

BTW, our best player Niall Buckley didn't play that day due to an injury.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 26, 2009, 05:43:16 PM
What's your point??

Maybe if Tyrone had Micko in charge they might have four All-Irelands including back-to-back titles like ourselves!!   :P

BTW, our best player Niall Buckley didn't play that day due to an injury.

He wasn't the only one didn't play that year... was lily whites on the field as well. I was at the final. What a second half surrender  ::)

Donnellys Hollow

You're really getting childish now. I won't keep you because your obviously enjoying the last week of your summer holidays before your back to school.

mountainboii

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 26, 2009, 05:12:58 PM
It takes gracelessness, paranoia and self-obsession to a new level.  And apparently the Northern lads rate this guy highly; what a joke.

I don't, very average GAA reporter and a nonsense, Liverpool obsessed (he even managed to name check them in this piece  ::)), soccer journalist. That article was a bit of a joke alright, but they've got to pander to the Tyronies still licking their wounds from the weekend.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 26, 2009, 05:49:58 PM
You're really getting childish now. I won't keep you because your obviously enjoying the last week of your summer holidays before your back to school.

Unfortunately longrunsthefox has been running around for a few more years than you might expect.

He's just unbelievably childish and unwilling to take on board anyone's view if they disagree with him in any way.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

You're right. I have to go myself. Actually I would like to see youse win an All Ireland. Stop wasting all that money on outside managers and get someone with Kildare blood in their veins would be a start. Slan. 

longrunsthefox

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 26, 2009, 05:55:39 PM

Fortunately longrunsthefox has been running around for a few more years than you might expect.

He's just unbelievably enlightened and open to take on board anyone's view if they disagree with him in any way.

;)

magickingdom

Kerry Mike

Great sleep last night MK, woke up once and for a micro second thought that Tyrone were back in the final and then I knew I was dreaming  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

Has anybody actually read some of the comments from Tyrone posters on this board over the last year...nevermind previous years. And all the anti-kerry bias in the Norther Media...guys like Heaney..etc

I find it astonishing that you didnt expect to get it in the neck on here  as well as  from guys like spillane. Thats the way things have worked for a few years now. You win and everythings great, you lose and you take a kicking. Its your turn to take the kicking. Stop whinging and crying like babies now that your baiting and gloating has come back to bite you.