Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on August 04, 2009, 03:00:57 PM
Colm Cavanagh didn't get on cos big bro didn't get the scores required to trigger the clause in his contract

Ah yes thats right, completely forgot about that.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 02:47:21 PM
Fair play to you Hollow you have shown some good common sense and analysis over the past week.
We know we're no angels and dont pretend we are but at least you took your defeat well and as Mickey Harte said its probably the best challenge that has been put up to this Tyrone team for some time.

Both teams had their fair share of spoiling and had we lost we'd have been whinging about how players take out big Sean with all sorts of tactics but that's the nature of the game. In the semi final last year I had to listen to this family behind me, especially the mother whinge the whole game at the Northern Ref. McEnaney about every tackle being too robust as she couldn't get over the intensity at that level.

Well done and try not to balls up Leinster next year as McGeeney is a winner, even if I don't particular like the man & his methods sometimes.

Thanks for that Fuzzman. I doubt Kieran is that bothered what the good folk of Tyrone think of him!! 
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Zapatista

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 02:47:21 PM
Fair play to you Hollow you have shown some good common sense and analysis over the past week.

Why don't ye just pull the shorts off him fuzz :D :D

Donnellys Hollow

He might end up getting the belt of a swinging elbow into his smig!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fuzzman

If the Dubs took a leaf out of Kildare's book they wouldn't be getting hockeyed every August.

Ye have learnt ye get no where wearing white and playing like a little angel with all out attack and no leaders on the field.
wonder how Kildare would have done against one of the other 3 Provincial winners

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 03:48:42 PM
If the Dubs took a leaf out of Kildare's book they wouldn't be getting hockeyed every August.

Ye have learnt ye get no where wearing white and playing like a little angel with all out attack and no leaders on the field.
wonder how Kildare would have done against one of the other 3 Provincial winners

With a fully fit Conway, they'd give anybody a damn good game of it.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Eastern_Pride

They are good enough on their day to beat anyone....even without Conway...
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 03, 2009, 09:54:19 AM
This is unbelievable, some tyrone supporters cannot accept any criticism of their team, cant even accept a discussion on the referees performance, it's just bizarre.  Anyone who says anything negative must be "anti tyrone", and then you've got ziggy telling people to get over themselves!! The irony.
anyway, no point in letting the thread get bogged down, get over yourselves.   :D

The irony? What's the irony? Jesus Pints, always about the negatives with you. Never seen you got positively about anyone on the board before, unless it was an xbox game.

As to the game, I thought this was as a good a performance as you'll see. First half was full of errors, but IMHO that's just down to a gap between the Ulster Final and the Quarter Final, but the the fact that they haven't been fully tested in Ulster this year. Once they got to grips with the game, it was vintage stuff.

McGeeney has done wonders for Kildare and I'm delighted he is staying with the, rather than taking the poison shalace that is Armagh. I see vast improvements from last year and I reckon they will be real contenders for Sam next year. Won't get it, but definitely a semi-final spot.

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Anyone know why the game isn't on BBC iPlayer. I set it to record over the weekend and all I got was Ladies Golf  >:(

The game is blanked out on the iPlayer menu, saying it's unavailable.

The Milk Cup is available...
Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 04, 2009, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on August 04, 2009, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
It was weird to see Brolly bumming up Kerry and Spillane bumming up Tyrone over the weekend

I'd say Spillane is praying for a Kerry v Tyrone final just to get a good days arguing out of Brolly

Kerry is hoping for another shot at Tyrone because they will never be considered the great team they think they are as long as Tyrone keeps beating them in the games that count.

What a nonsensical comment.  It is obvious, especially after yesterday, that Kerry aren't bothered by what everyone else thinks.  They know what kind of team they are and being beaten 3 times by Tyrone will hardly make them feel sorry for themselves.  If they can win an AI and beat Tyrone along the way then obviously they will get that particular monkey off their back and I have no doubt they'd get a little bit more satisfaction beating them rather than anyone else, but another AI would show the entire country just how good a team they are, regardless of who they beat in the final.

Some Tyrone people care alot more about the fact that they've won the games against Kerry than Kerry do about losing them.  As I said I'm sure Kerry would like to end all the talk about them not being able to beat Tyrone but its hardly a necessity for having another successful year.

Just Curious what you base your opinion on what the kingdom think of Tyrone...I honestly believe you
might be a tad naive here, try being around more of them or worse still work with a pile of them, I think then
you'd see there actually is a fair bit of hurt between them and ourselves with regards to the Monkey ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

SidelineKick

Perhaps being around them may change what I think, however my point is:

If Kerry win the All Ireland this year and beat Cork in the final, it would not bother them that they didnt beat Tyrone.  Would they prefer to beat them once and for all? No doubt about it, but an AI is an AI and Kerry would be happy to add another one to the collection, regardless of who they beat along the way.

Thats just my thoughts on it anyway.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

Kerry would be delighted to win an AI this year, with or without meeting Tyrone. However it does grate on them that they haven't beaten Tyrone under Mickey Harte, or with this current group of players. Whether it's right or not, they won't consider themselves to be amongst the greats of Kerry until they do.

I get this from talking to plenty of Kerrymen, including a relative (by marriage) of Pat Spillane's.
Testing Accessibility

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 07:03:24 PM
Kerry would be delighted to win an AI this year, with or without meeting Tyrone. However it does grate on them that they haven't beaten Tyrone under Mickey Harte, or with this current group of players. Whether it's right or not, they won't consider themselves to be amongst the greats of Kerry until they do.

I get this from talking to plenty of Kerrymen, including a relative (by marriage) of Pat Spillane's.
This team could never be a great Kerry team based on this year on one game!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ziggysego

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 05, 2009, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 05, 2009, 07:03:24 PM

This team could never be a great Kerry team based on this year on one game!

I'm basing it on the fact they've made the last 6 All-Ireland Finals, not the game against Dublin.
Testing Accessibility