Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phpearse

Email from Croke Park that they are only opening the bottom deck for Sunday's double header. So they aren't expecting too big a crowd!!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: phpearse on July 27, 2009, 11:08:03 PM
Email from Croke Park that they are only opening the bottom deck for Sunday's double header. So they aren't expecting too big a crowd!!

Will the Hill be open?

Probably will try and sell out the bottom deck and if more demand open the top deck. Makes sense as looks better on TV and generates a better atmosphere with all people close together rather than spread out all over the stadium.

orangeman

Quote from: phpearse on July 27, 2009, 11:08:03 PM

How many does lower decks hold ??

Hill not open either ?

Jesus how many are they expecting ?

orangeman

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on July 27, 2009, 11:38:15 PM
An uneducated guess woul be that of the 69000 available seats, about a quarter of these would be the Upper Deck, so at least 50,000 available for Sunday?

So Hill accounts for 13k ?

I'd have thought that there'd be at least 60k at next Sunday's match given that 4 teams are involved ?.

tyrone86

There was 37k at last years Double header Football Quarter Final on a Saturday. I don't think that just because this year it's on a Sunday it'll go much over 45k - for the masses a Quarter Final is indeed just that - just a quarter final

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 27, 2009, 11:47:00 PM
There was 37k at last years Double header Football Quarter Final on a Saturday. I don't think that just because this year it's on a Sunday it'll go much over 45k - for the masses a Quarter Final is indeed just that - just a quarter final

50k might tighten it alright then.

armaghniac

Lots of comments here over the years from Tyronies about Kerry people "waiting for the final". Let's see how many come on Sunday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone86

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2009, 12:15:03 AM
Lots of comments here over the years from Tyronies about Kerry people "waiting for the final". Let's see how many come on Sunday.

Absolutely correct sir, I doubt Tyrone will take many more than 10k  :-[

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2009, 12:20:02 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 28, 2009, 12:17:07 AM

Absolutely correct sir, I doubt Tyrone will take many more than 10k  :-[
I'm sometimes confused by Tyrone spake. Doubt can mean the opposite of doubt sometimes.

Is this the real doubt?

Yes, but for the sake of clarity I'll rephrase.

I do not think Tyrone will bring any more than 10k supporters on Sunday

Donnellys Hollow

I'd normally try to defend the GAA on such matters as ticketing and fixture scheduling but it would be unwise of the GAA not to open Hill 16 for Sunday. Surely all Kildare, Tyrone, Cork and Donegal supporters should have the option to purchase cheaper terrace tickets if they so wish. Nothing worse than having a ticket for one of the corners of the Cusack or Hogan stands with a sh1tty view of the whole pitch. You'd be better off on the terrace where you can choose your own vantage point for the match.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

cadhlancian

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 27, 2009, 10:27:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on July 27, 2009, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 27, 2009, 12:08:14 PM
If there is a ref who starts booking players for stopping free kicks etcat the start and Kildare learn to be as cynical as Tyrone at stopping goal chances it could make things interesting otherwise Tyrone to win pretty well

Cop on DFS, It's not like Dublin players or any other county's for that matter don't stand in front of
the free taker to watch for the quick pass or will stand back and let some man waltz straight through
for goal simply because he's beaten his marker ::)
If you don't like Tyrone then simply say so!

So you think that sort of behaviour is fully acceptable on the pitch??? I believe it should be an automatic yellow card everytime no matter where on the pitch and needs to be stopped. Remind me the last time a Dublin player took a player down going through on goals....sometimes we would be far better off doing it but its not how I believe football should be played....Did you see Kildare drag Wicklow forwards to the ground, or Antrim to Tyrone/Kerry forwards etc???
ok, so also remind us the last time any of the 4 , dublin, wicklow, kildare or Antrim won an all ireland, and the last 2 mentioned have won the last 6 or 7 between them?

cadhlancian

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2009, 12:15:03 AM
dont you have a minor game to be concerned about ;)

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

mick999

Quote from: longball on July 28, 2009, 09:22:55 AM
€35 for a ticket  :o :o robbing b@sterd

Get a ticket for quarter + semi for €65, save yourself €15

GAA Quarter & Semi Combo - NEW FOR 2009

Purchase tickets for one quarter final and the corresponding semi final in one code together

€65 per person

Includes one quarter final and semi final combination (based upon draw)
Seat in 308 (Cusack Lower) or 708 (Cusack Upper) in Croke Park

http://tickets.gaa.ie/gaaticketpackages.html

longball

McGinley injury spares O'Neill

All-Star Enda McGinley is not expecting to start for Tyrone in Sunday's All Ireland Quarter final against Kildare in Croke Park.

McGinley injured his hamstring while training before the Ulster Final, although he went on to play 20 minutes in the game from the bench, he has still not fully recovered. It is believed that McGinley suffered a set back in training this week.

McGinley was expected to return to the starting line up possibly at the expense of former player of the year Steven O'Neill. O'Neill has struggled with form as of late and would be the first to admit that his place is under threat.

Tyrone also have other injury worries with Goalkeeper John Devine being ruled out for the remainder of the year with a shoulder injury. Niall Gormley and Ryan Mellon have also been ruled out for the weekends game.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0