Tyrone v Kildare AIQF official thread!

Started by cadhlancian, July 26, 2009, 07:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Does anyone else think Karl Lacey would love to be playing for Kildare???

mc_grens

Ditto Lynchbhoy. Tyrone will win comfortably. The Kildare boys have yet to face anything remotely like them so far this summer. By half time they'll be punch drunk.

And I'll be gutted again.

longrunsthefox

One thing could beat Tyrone is complacency... there has been such hype about how far they are supposed to be ahead etc.. now even Spillane drools over them...'total football'  Rem and beware Sligo 2002

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Tyrone were first out of the hat, surely if any team has to wear alternative colours it'll be Kildare?

Kildare will definately test Tyrone more than any other team this season (which isn't saying too much) but they'll face the best defence in Ireland as well as one of the fittest teams and a team completely at ease in their own skin and at home in Croker.

I'm expecting a double header with Cork and Donegal next Saturday with Kerry and the Dubs on their own on the Sunday. And with all the focus on Kerry v Dublin i'm hoping the media will stop hyping Tyrone by saying the same things every week.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Zapatista

I'd like to think Tyrone would be willing to play in pink if they had to. I have enough faith in their ability to win this regardless of colour and am sure the players have too. I'd say they couldn't care less what colour they wear (as long as it's not Carlows colours ;)

A Quinn Martin Production

I wouldn't think this is as straightforward as some Tyrone posters think.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

DUBSFORSAM1

If there is a ref who starts booking players for stopping free kicks etcat the start and Kildare learn to be as cynical as Tyrone at stopping goal chances it could make things interesting otherwise Tyrone to win pretty well

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on July 27, 2009, 10:21:27 AM
Tyrone were first out of the hat, surely if any team has to wear alternative colours it'll be Kildare?

Kildare will definately test Tyrone more than any other team this season (which isn't saying too much) but they'll face the best defence in Ireland as well as one of the fittest teams and a team completely at ease in their own skin and at home in Croker.

I'm expecting a double header with Cork and Donegal next Saturday with Kerry and the Dubs on their own on the Sunday. And with all the focus on Kerry v Dublin i'm hoping the media will stop hyping Tyrone by saying the same things every week.

If this was soccer, then yes, you would be right.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ziggysego

The last time the two teams met ...

National Football League 2008 - Tyrone 0-7 Kildare 1-4

Scorers --

Tyrone: C McCullagh 0-3 (2f), R Mulgrew, T McGuigan, K Hughes, E McGinley 0-1 each.
Kildare: P Mullarkey 1-1, J Doyle 0-3 (1f, 1 '45)

Tyrone: J Devine; PJ Quinn, C Gormley, M Swift; D Harte, D Carlin, P Jordan; K Hughes, E McGinley; C Cavanagh, R Mulgrew, R Mellon; C McCullagh, T McGuigan, S O'Neill. Subs: O Mulligan for Mellon (53), D McCaul for Quinn (61), N Gormley for Cavanagh (63)

Kildare: T Corley; E Bolton, A McLoughlin, M O'Flaherty; A Rainbow, K O'Neill, G White; P Mullarkey, K Brennan; J Doyle, M Conway, J Kavanagh; R Sweeney, D Earley, K Donnelly. Subs: A Smith for Sweeney (53), D Flynn for Donnelly (60)

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

tyrone v kildare 4pm Sunday

Donegal v Cork 2pm Sunday

Canalman

Afaik jersey clash rule is as follows

1 A change by agreement
2 If no agreement, provincial colours to be worn. Green for Kildare and Saphron for Tyrone.

Doohicky

Quote from: orangeman on July 27, 2009, 01:18:10 PM
tyrone v kildare 4pm Sunday

Donegal v Cork 2pm Sunday

Guess or inside knowledge?

Edit: Nevermind, saw the other thread.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Canalman on July 27, 2009, 01:26:21 PM
Afaik jersey clash rule is as follows

1 A change by agreement
2 If no agreement, provincial colours to be worn. Green for Kildare and Saphron for Tyrone.

From the rule book:

(f) Jerseys/Colours:-
(i) A County team not wearing its registered
distinctive colours in Inter-County competitions,
or where there is a similarity of colours not
wearing their registered alternative colours or
other colours authorised or directed by the
controlling Council:
Penalty - Fine €500.

Seems to be if teams have an "away" jersey they have to wear it, if not then provincial colours.

ONeill

Of all the teams we could've met (Kerry/Kildare/Donegal/Meath or Limerick) this was my least favourable. That's a strong Kildare side who could quite easily have been Leinster champions and will take some watching. I'm nervous about this but FoSB would say all's well with the world then!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 27, 2009, 02:18:57 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 27, 2009, 07:09:12 AM
Dont like Tyrone in their unlucky red jerseys.  Tyrone have the toughest draw possible here and Im worried abour Kildare - any team able to keep their jerseys and keks that white must have some powder. 
Never really noted as the red jerseys as being unlucky for Tyrone, at least in the championship. Last time I recall seeing them wear all red in a championship match was against Monaghan in the Ulster final in 2007.

True Fionn.

Anyway, are we really going to be as bad as them Man Utd soccer boys and blame our away kits? I hope not.

Bring Kildare and Geezer on, no matter what kits we dawn on the day!
Testing Accessibility