Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 11:03:02 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 09:44:40 AM
Quote from: robertemmet on August 04, 2009, 09:19:03 AM
Dublin are so overhyped, they get far far too much airtime.

Until they can shbow the necessary steel to win big games, they should not ever be talked about in the media again.

Bar Stephen Cluxton yesterday, they didn't have one player that wanted it enough.  He made a few great saves, and they their midfield went AWOL, the varied his kickouts very well.

At times yesterday, Dublin
•   Didn't have a midfield
•   had players who couldn't solo run the ball
•   had players who couldn't pick up the ball
•   had players going for goals from terrible angles in the 1st quarter when they were ONLY 5-6 pts down.
•   had no defenders putting any sort of pressure on Kerry going for scores.

Dublin are one of those teams when they are 10points up, the hill will be in full voice and their players will be flying, giving high fives after every score, but when there is a 50:50 ball to be won when they are getting it tight, they will be nowhere to be seen.....and the hill won't be getting behind their team, they will be BOOING the opposition.

If Dublin are going to get any respect any more in the media, their players should roll up their sleeves and earn it.  I noticed them getting a bus to Croker yesterday.  Their management should have made them walk home after yesterday!

Sorry for the long rant, but I am just sick of the amount of hype that these players get.  What is Pat Gilroy going to do when nobody has the most important thing required to play in cship.....the ability to compete and fight for every ball.  Forget skill, forget pointtaking....just honest heart and determination.

As for Ciaran Whelan...enough said, he is a disgrace to the GAA.  As one previous post says, what does he have to do to get sent off.

Commentators talking about Ciaran Whelan coming back to win "his" All-Ireland medal.  The only time an All-Ireland Medal belongs to anyone is on the third Sunday of September in the winners dressing room.

What would you know about winning all--irelands personally? Have you even got one at any level? I bet you don't. So how you can you can justify stating someone came back to "win" an all-ireland is bullshit. He came back to play for Dublin nothing else- there are no guarantees in life.Ciaran Whelan has had the same number of trangressions as many others from your county and beyond. Thats a fact. You can't see beyond the blue jersey. thats your problem. Has he transgressed anymore than bellew, mc menamin, mick lyons etc etc. I could go on and on and on but talking to people like you about it is pointless. You've got your own little agendas that date back to the 70's when Dublin were good.

in a previous thread where you were taking the high moral ground you said that you would critcise dublin exactly the same if they resorted to the same behaviour,well whelan and alot of other dublin players were a disgrace in the last 20mins,whats the difference in fergal doherty kicking a opponent on the calf than taking the gooch with both legs and nearly putting him into the canal end?and trying to defend whelan because others have done the same...well just go back and read your own response when this argument was put to yourself in a previous thread.

Did I start a thread with Fergal's name on it lambasting him from a high? No I didn't. Thats the difference. i don't have a problem critcising him or anyone else but I'm asking the question why aren't these personalised threads started by the same people about players from their own county? Because they aren't Dubs thats why.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 11:05:50 AM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 11:03:02 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 09:44:40 AM

Until they can shbow the necessary steel to win big games, they should not ever be talked about in the media again.

Bar Stephen Cluxton yesterday, they didn't have one player that wanted it enough.  He made a few great saves, and they their midfield went AWOL, the varied his kickouts very well.

•   had players who couldn't solo run the ball
•   had players going for goals from terrible angles in the 1st quarter when they were ONLY 5-6 pts down.

Dublin are one of those teams when they are 10points up, the hill will be in full voice and their players will be flying, giving high fives after every score, but when there is a 50:50 ball to be won when they are getting it tight, they will be nowhere to be seen.....and the hill won't be getting behind their team, they will be BOOING the opposition.

If Dublin are going to get any respect any more in the media, their players should roll up their sleeves and earn it.  I noticed them getting a bus to Croker yesterday.  Their management should have made them walk home after yesterday!

Sorry for the long rant, but I am just sick of the amount of hype that these players get.  What is Pat Gilroy going to do when nobody has the most important thing required to play in cship.....the ability to compete and fight for every ball.  Forget skill, forget pointtaking....just honest heart and determination.

As for Ciaran Whelan...enough said, he is a disgrace to the GAA.  As one previous post says, what does he have to do to get sent off.

Commentators talking about Ciaran Whelan coming back to win "his" All-Ireland medal.  The only time an All-Ireland Medal belongs to anyone is on the third Sunday of September in the winners dressing room.

What would you know about winning all--irelands personally? Have you even got one at any level? I bet you don't. So how you can you can justify stating someone came back to "win" an all-ireland is bullshit. He came back to play for Dublin nothing else- there are no guarantees in life.Ciaran Whelan has had the same number of trangressions as many others from your county and beyond. Thats a fact. You can't see beyond the blue jersey. thats your problem. Has he transgressed anymore than bellew, mc menamin, mick lyons etc etc. I could go on and on and on but talking to people like you about it is pointless. You've got your own little agendas that date back to the 70's when Dublin were good.

in a previous thread where you were taking the high moral ground you said that you would critcise dublin exactly the same if they resorted to the same behaviour,well whelan and alot of other dublin players were a disgrace in the last 20mins,whats the difference in fergal doherty kicking a opponent on the calf than taking the gooch with both legs and nearly putting him into the canal end?and trying to defend whelan because others have done the same...well just go back and read your own response when this argument was put to yourself in a previous thread.

Did I start a thread with Fergal's name on it lambasting him from a high? No I didn't. Thats the difference. i don't have a problem critcising him or anyone else but I'm asking the question why aren't these personalised threads started by the same people about players from their own county? Because they aren't Dubs thats why.

what are you on about,did i start a thread with whelans name on it?no.
and this crap about it being about dubs,take the chip of your shoulder,i was making a point because you came on the derry v monaghan thread with this holy attitude and preaching and when it happens with your own team you dont seem to voice your opinion with the sam gusto.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Yes I Would on August 04, 2009, 09:30:16 AM

Until they can shbow the necessary steel to win big games, they should not ever be talked about in the media
again.

•   had players who couldn't solo run the ball the ball

Dublin are one of those teams when they are 10points up, the hill will be in full voice and their players will be flying, giving high fives after every score, but when there is a 50:50 ball to be won when they are getting it tight, they will be nowhere to be scene.....and the hill won't be getting behind their team, they will be BOOING the opposition.

Spot on RE. A bit like Derry in the north!
Thought crossed my mind yesterday too.

Frank Casey

Match Ticket €35
Plane ticket €16 (Thanks Michael O'Leary)
Pint €5 times alot
Keeping the hill quiet..................priceless
Kerry finding their mojo...............priceless
Pat Spillanes dying wasp sting......priceless

Any for everything else use your Kerry card.

Am still in a post match (alcoholic) fog. I don't know where it came from but it did. Was it Kerry being A+ and Dublin being D-........somewhere in between.

One whinge. Dublin fans we love your colour, we love your noise - so does your team. The absence of any cheer when the team reappeared after half time was, frankly, pathetic. If ever a team needed a lift it was then. All I heard were boos. Between that and the cat calls and whistling of the Kerry free takers i was not impressed.
KERRY 3:7

Gnevin

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 04, 2009, 11:50:02 AM
Match Ticket €35
Pint €5 times alot

Am still in a post match (alcoholic) fog. I don't know where it came from but it did. Was it Kerry being A+ and Dublin being D-........somewhere in between.

One whinge. Dublin fans we love your colour, we love your noise - so does your team. The absence of any cheer when the team reappeared after half time was, frankly, pathetic. If ever a team needed a lift it was then. All I heard were boos. Between that and the cat calls and whistling of the Kerry free takers i was not impressed.

I didn't boo but it took all my will power to stay in the ground till the end and you want a fanfair?  If Dublin had 0.00001% of a chance there might of been a cheer but seriously that game was dead after 5 minutes.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Main Street

As for Brogan going for goal, Dublin needed that goal even if it was early in the game, they were visibly dying and needed some defibrillation.

It was a game effort by Brogan, would have been a cracker.

INDIANA

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 04, 2009, 11:50:02 AM
Match Ticket €35
Pint €5 times alot

With all respect. You lose to tyrone in the final and yesterday will be a distant memory. Unless kerry win the all-ireland yesterday will be a footnote.

Main Street

And losing to Cork would be a lifelong memory.

Frank Casey

Yes Indiana its now yesterday's news. I don't know what the rest of the season holds for Kerry but there's something about having to hit bottom before you rise again. Yesterday might be a one off, it might not.

Gnevin - I take your point about it not being easy to watch but, win lose or draw, as the cliche goes your county needs you. And as for the cat calling and booing of the free takers ???

Frank Casey

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2009, 12:18:07 PM
And losing to Cork would be a lifelong memory.

Cos we'd like to forget it and the langers would never let us.

Drumanee 1

still no reponse from you indiana,see no evil hear no evil attitude,ah well my point well and truly made,over and out.

INDIANA

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:34:31 PM
still no reponse from you indiana,see no evil hear no evil attitude,ah well my point well and truly made,over and out.

Not at all. He shouldn't have done it but does that merit a thread on its own calling him a tr**p, sc**bag etc? Why don't you put up similar threads for your own county men who transgress? You've made no point whatsoever.

ross matt

Indiana when does one have to have won an AI medal in order to comment on this site? Stop making as ass of yourself. Whelan is a fine player who should have started yesterday. Next to Cluxon he was easily Dublin's best peformer. I'm sure like most players personally he's a decent guy. However in recent years in high profile matches versus Meath, Mayo & yesterday he's resorted to spiteful thuggish behaviour that should have resulted in him being red carded.

Also I would'nt be giving the Dub supporters much credit for strolling in mass up the road to croker for the big day. The league match against Tyrone is'nt much eveidence of their loyalty either. That was another "big day out". From spitting at Tommy Lyons a few years back to booing their own team at half time yesterday and leaving before its over it's questionable whether they are genuine supporters. Let's see if they had to follow their side via the back door down the country and see who would travel?

The media fascination with them and their "colour" has to stop. In fairness it's not the Dublin players faults (even though Pillar milked it for a few years). But in the big matches versus Mayo, Tyrone & Dublin these past few years they've collapsed when they had to walk the talk. The whole Kerry Dublin rivalry is just a myth that shold be done away with.

Well done to Kerry. I was sure Dublin would win in. The form lines were thrown out the window. Kerry's sheer hunger to win the ball in defence and break the tackle to create an overlap was awesome. Dominated midfield. Forwards always looked like they were yards ahead of their men. Plus Kennelly helped vary their tactics with those 50 yard diagonal passes to Gooch. Stayed focussed to the end also and could have had another goal or two.

The question is was this a once off?  They're unlikely to be able to impose themselves similarly on Cork or Tyrone. I expect Mayo to beat Meath and put up a much sterner test than the Dubs. But it does look like the kingdom are on their way to yet another AI final appearance.  Astonishing achievement.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 12:47:20 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 12:34:31 PM

Not at all. He shouldn't have done it but does that merit a thread on its own calling him a tr**p, sc**bag etc? Why don't you put up similar threads for your own county men who transgress? You've made no point whatsoever.

what are you on about?i never started any such thread so please retract that statement,again this shows you up as someone as a complete hypocrite,my views on discipline are well known and i am very consistent on my views i just dont pick and choose,your attitude on the derry v monaghan thread should be carried forward even when it involves your own county.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2009, 12:09:44 PM
As for Brogan going for goal, Dublin needed that goal even if it was early in the game, they were visibly dying and needed some defibrillation.

It was a game effort by Brogan, would have been a cracker.

ten minutes gone, they were trailing 1.2/1.3 to 0.00, it was a ridiculous effort.  Murphy isn't the best keeper, but even he shouldn't be beaten by a shot from there.  Could they not understand that picking off a few points would have had them back in the game, that effort showed that they panicked after ten minutes, ffs!!  Tyrone trailed Kildare 4 at a stage, did they panic?  Did they need a goal to lift them?