Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

You're literally looking at a 5 year plan using a few remnants and using this years minor and u21 team as a base to move forward from. To move forward- thats all it is not to win anything because we aren't good enough
Between 2004 and 2008- dublin didn't win one first round fixture in leinster at minor and u21 level. I've saying for years yesterday was waiting to happen. And it came home to roost. While the hurlers quietly got their ship in order the footballers convinced themselves they were on the right road. And as a result the hurlers will get the benefit and the footballers will learn some harsh lessons over the next few years.

INDIANA

Quote from: ross matt on August 04, 2009, 01:28:39 PM
Your last post bears out everything I said about you in my previous ones Indiana. Thanks for the vindication though. Now off to that crying room with ya :'( :'( :'(

With 119 posts to your name mate I won't miss you .

heffo

I'm still too depressed to post anything at length but just want to congratulate Kerry on a magnificent performance.

All the gobshi*es taking delight in Dublin's demise can go fu*k themselves - if they invested half the energy in GAA in their own counties as they do in their morbid obsession with Dublin, they'd be a lot stronger.

JMohan

Funny I thought Ryan would have been taylor made for the Kerry game rather than Whelan to be honest with you.

Not against a team like Tyrone maybe - but Kerry I think he could have made a big impact if given longer or started

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2009, 01:47:33 PM
I'm still too depressed to post anything at length but just want to congratulate Kerry on a magnificent performance.

All the gobshi*es taking delight in Dublin's demise can go f**k themselves - if they invested half the energy in GAA in their own counties as they do in their morbid obsession with Dublin, they'd be a lot stronger.

Sad to see alright Heffo that some people take greater delight in us getting beaten then their own counties winning. If that isn't the definition of sad I don't know what is.

INDIANA

Quote from: JMohan on August 04, 2009, 01:51:26 PM
Funny I thought Ryan would have been taylor made for the Kerry game rather than Whelan to be honest with you.

Not against a team like Tyrone maybe - but Kerry I think he could have made a big impact if given longer or started

He's out of the frame completely. They say he's not fit. Is there any other county that would drop an allstar the year after he wins one except in kerry/tyrone perhaps. Doubt it. We had 4 allstars in our squad yesterday- 2 on the bench , one taken off after 20 mins and one of the pitch. How we ever thought we had a chance of winning is beyond me today.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 01:24:53 PM
Quote from: ross matt on August 04, 2009, 01:22:22 PM
I'd say you need to go somewhere quiet for a good cry before you post anything else Indiana. Or even try reading what you're typing before posting.

I've no interest whatsoever in whether you supported our minor side and thanks for the sympathy for our seniors by the way. The thread was about yesterday's match and the post concerned Ciaran Whelan's thuggish behaviour and the antics of your own "fans". Everything I commented on actually happened as I said it. So maybe time for you to come out of denial. Have no idea what you mean about wanting to abuse people. I clearly didnt. I also said Whelan was a fine footballer who performed well yesterday and that I presumed he was a decent guy. I aware his wife had a baby recently because that was mentioned yesterday by the commentator. However most county footballers have kids. (In fact 3 times allstar & dual all ireland medal winning former Galway midfielder Kevin Walsh has I think 5 kids). So what exactly does have to do with Whelan's elbow in to mahony's jaw yesterday? his near decapitation of Mcgarritys head against mayo a few years back or his smash in to the face of a Meath midfielder on the ground after the thrown in during a leinster championship match in the same year? None of which he got the line for.

So either explain yourself or shut up. If there is a Roscommon thread up in the future feel free to post. You're perfectly entitled to just as the rest of us are to post on this thread. But where I'm from has nothing got to do with my comments on yesterday's match.

I'll agree simply not to respond to you. Can't say fairer than that. Because I might tell you exactly what I think of you- which is unprintable. So you can feel free to slag off any Dublin player you like. I'll just respond to the people who want to talk football. You can concern yourself with the other shite.

move the goal posts again,you weren't talking much football on the Derry monaghan thread.hypocrite if ever there was one.
and let me put the record straight,i follow Dublin as much as my own county and would call myself a supporter and go to as many dub matches as i can,they bring the glamour and atmosphere that no other county can and the gaa in general let alone Dublin as a whole need Dublin up there so for the couple of you please take that massive chip of your shoulder and everybody hates us crap,i dont buy it,i am just trying to show Indiana up for the hypocrite he is so it could be any county in ireland as there's not one county who can say they have not had incidents which were beyond the realms of the game it just so happens he is from Dublin.

INDIANA

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 02:13:32 PM
I'd say you need to go somewhere quiet for a good cry before you post anything else Indiana. Or even try reading what you're typing before posting.

I've no interest whatsoever in whether you supported our minor side and thanks for the sympathy for our seniors by the way. The thread was about yesterday's match and the post concerned Ciaran Whelan's thuggish behaviour and the antics of your own "fans". Everything I commented on actually happened as I said it. So maybe time for you to come out of denial. Have no idea what you mean about wanting to abuse people. I clearly didnt. I also said Whelan was a fine footballer who performed well yesterday and that I presumed he was a decent guy. I aware his wife had a baby recently because that was mentioned yesterday by the commentator. However most county footballers have kids. (In fact 3 times allstar & dual all ireland medal winning former Galway midfielder Kevin Walsh has I think 5 kids). So what exactly does have to do with Whelan's elbow in to mahony's jaw yesterday? his near decapitation of Mcgarritys head against mayo a few years back or his smash in to the face of a Meath midfielder on the ground after the thrown in during a leinster championship match in the same year? None of which he got the line for.

So either explain yourself or shut up. If there is a Roscommon thread up in the future feel free to post. You're perfectly entitled to just as the rest of us are to post on this thread. But where I'm from has nothing got to do with my comments on yesterday's match.

I'll agree simply not to respond to you. Can't say fairer than that. Because I might tell you exactly what I think of you- which is unprintable. So you can feel free to slag off any Dublin player you like. I'll just respond to the people who want to talk football. You can concern yourself with the other shite.

move the goal posts again,you weren't talking much football on the Derry monaghan thread.hypocrite if ever there was one.
and let me put the record straight,i follow Dublin as much as my own county and would call myself a supporter and go to as many dub matches as i can,they bring the glamour and atmosphere that no other county can and the gaa in general let alone Dublin as a whole need Dublin up there so for the couple of you please take that massive chip of your shoulder and everybody hates us crap,i dont buy it,i am just trying to show Indiana up for the hypocrite he is so it could be any county in ireland as there's not one county who can say they have not had incidents which were beyond the realms of the game it just so happens he is from Dublin.

I'll refer you to my response to rossmat. I'll talk football with anyone- you want to deal with extraneous issues you can do it on your own.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2009, 02:31:27 PM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on August 04, 2009, 02:13:32 PM

I'll refer you to my response to rossmat. I'll talk football with anyone- you want to deal with extraneous issues you can do it on your own.

i will keep that quote for future reference. ;)

the mug says it all  (pardon the pun)

Over the Bar

Any word of the game being repeated?  I can't get the online rte.ie thing as I live in the black north!

INDIANA

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 04, 2009, 03:12:47 PM
Any word of the game being repeated?  I can't get the online rte.ie thing as I live in the black north!

Setanta at 10pm tonight. Have the day off and watched it again. Even worse than being there live. I think the management really have to ask serious questions about the selection and preparation. I mean any of the other last 8 teams wouldn't have suffered a defeat like that even as good as Kerry were. We wouldn't have won but we wouldn't have been humiliated.
Antrim played Tyrone and Kerry and with a bit of tactical nous competed pretty well. We were decimated. I can guarantee you Mayo won't capitulate like Dublin did yesterday because O Mahoney has them setup in such a way it won't be allowed to happen.

Bogball XV

Just watching the replay there of the first minute goal - 30secs in Gooch fouls his marker, which is why he was standing free 10 secs later for his goal - you could of course question just how the gooch was able to physically manhandle anyone.  Also, about 10 secs in, three dubs attempt to tackle the kerry man in possession by flailing wildly in his direction, presumably they felt that was pressurising the man in possession?

rrhf

I thought Kerry produced the performance of the decade yesterday.  They'll win it hands down now and fair play to them.  I fell that credit for turning around the season must go to Jack O Connor for showing the Oses who is boss and taking no shit from the rogue elements in his team,  if that had been Cork there'd have been an all out strike but Jack won the battle with an Iron fist approach.  Fair play to him for saving Kerry football from the brink.  As he says himself he knew he had to do it.   

Bogball XV

The Brogan goal effort was after 5 mins 40 secs and they were 1.2 to 0.0 down, it was a poor, poor effort at that level of football too - maybe he could beat the wee brother with it back when he was U12, but you're not going to beat a senior goalkeeper with that sort of an effort.

And worse McStay is lauding the quality of the strike and the sheer brilliance of the save ???