Luimneach Vs An Mhí, Satharn, 1ú, Lúnasa,

Started by thejuice, July 26, 2009, 10:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Finally getting to see this game with my own 2 eyes. I travelled home for this fixture last year as well, hopefully this time I'll be going home happier.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Because circumstances prevented me attending the qualifiers this year and the Carlow match last year, I've witnessed Meath defeats at the last four championship matches I've been to. How much will yiz pay me to stay at home on Saturday?

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

thejuice

Would I be right that we would be the worst team left in the championship, to put a positive spin on things.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

they won't beat ye out the Gate, but i have the feeling limerick will win Ian Ryan to be the starman again but Meath will hardly let him score 3-7 again???
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

meathie

looking forward to this. Reckon it will be a close game. THINK we are better this year than we were last but I wouldnt be 100% confident at all. we'll just have to see. would lovvve a craic at Mayo again though!

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2009, 11:41:14 PM
We will be beaten out the gate by Limerick.

Doubt it- after a 4 week break limerick will find this tough.

Jinxy

Not if we play like we did against Roscommon.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Spillane was saying Limerick will find it tough to raise their game after losing to Cork, but weren't they just coming off a Cork defeat last year. Hope Reilly is fit alright. We will require a huge performance to win this one. This will be our toughest assingment at midfeild this year as well. We wont be hammered but if we win it will be by a modest margin.

kevmy

As a neutral I reckon Meath have the edge here.

Limericks long lay off and Meath's bit of a run swing it there way.

If Meath do a job on Ryan I reckon they have it. Apart from him Limericks forwards aren't great. I think Meath have way more talent up front but they need to pick the right team and hope they click. Meath also have the motivation for revenge after last year.

Denn Forever

Quote from: kevmy on July 27, 2009, 11:29:04 AM
As a neutral I reckon Meath have the edge here.

Limericks long lay off and Meath's bit of a run swing it there way.

If Meath do a job on Ryan I reckon they have it. Apart from him Limericks forwards aren't great. I think Meath have way more talent up front but they need to pick the right team and hope they click. Meath also have the motivation for revenge after last year.

Couldn't have said it better.  Is there a chance of a Dublin vs Meath meeting simillar to 2007 Cork vs Kerry game?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

If Meath beat Limerick and Mayo and Dublin beat Kerry - yes, we meet in the semi.

thejuice

This has slid to page 4, pity, guess theres feck all limerick men on here any way.

Meath team probably named tonight but I cant see any changes from the team that lined out last week. Unless Reilly has recovered which I dont think he has.