Mayo Vs Meath - All-Ireland Quarter Finals

Started by AbbeySider, July 24, 2009, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2009, 02:44:33 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2009, 02:33:47 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 19, 2009, 02:29:09 PM
Why does everything, in the end, turn into a mayo, armagh, or tyrone thread?

well this was a mayo meath thread ep  ;)
Funny I thought i saw a meath in there somewhere.....
I'm only jokin like butwhy don't we talk about the weaknesses of leitrim hurling versus fermanagh hurling or something.

sure go ahead make sure you put it in the hurling section though  ;)
I will but I expect to see the first comment from the Deel Rover.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

ludermor

i think its time to knock this thread on the head, there is a 2 mayo threads in the local GAA section at least there the 'anguish' wont be as public as it would be here!

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ludermor on August 19, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
i think its time to knock this thread on the head, there is a 2 mayo threads in the local GAA section at least there the 'anguish' wont be as public as it would be here!
THANK you!

IolarCoisCuain

I disagree. I think we should keep this on the front page until Christmas by any means necessary.

JMohan

Would Mayo be one of the counties with the most of it's natives not living within their own borders?

Gee ... that's bad English ... but I think you know the question

Farrandeelin

Sadly yes J Mohan, I believe Mayo lost one third of it's population between 1926 and 1961. It's still no excuse as to why we failed to beat Meath though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2009, 08:55:37 PM
Sadly yes J Mohan, I believe Mayo lost one third of it's population between 1926 and 1961. It's still no excuse as to why we failed to beat Meath though.

Most of that third went to Meath ironically! But I hasten to add I ain't looking for excuses either :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on August 19, 2009, 10:01:57 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2009, 08:55:37 PM

Most of that third went to Meath ironically! But I hasten to add I ain't looking for excuses either :P
Joe Sheridan's probably from Mayo so.  ;D :P

macdanger2

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2009, 02:09:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2009, 07:34:33 PM
Jaysus, McStay isn't half bitter enough about losing to us the last day is he? ;D

I think it's seriously rich that a Knockmore person could accuse a Ballina person of being bitter towards them?? Bitter for what exactly?? I think the hatred and bitterness displayed by SOME Knockmore people towards Ballina was clear to be seen in a Knockmore man literally foaming at the mouth beside me from shouting abuse towards the Ballina county players in particular.

Sounds like some Ballina lads are fairly rattled after the weekend!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 20, 2009, 01:00:59 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2009, 02:09:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2009, 07:34:33 PM
Jaysus, McStay isn't half bitter enough about losing to us the last day is he? ;D

I think it's seriously rich that a Knockmore person could accuse a Ballina person of being bitter towards them?? Bitter for what exactly?? I think the hatred and bitterness displayed by SOME Knockmore people towards Ballina was clear to be seen in a Knockmore man literally foaming at the mouth beside me from shouting abuse towards the Ballina county players in particular.

Sounds like some Ballina lads are fairly rattled after the weekend!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rattled about what exactly?? Lost fair and square, no complaints what so ever,good luck to Knockmore, Ballina were always going to struggle missing Liam Brady, Eanna Casey, Stephen Hughes and Enda Devenny. Just pointing out the fact the the Knockmore supporter nearly popped a blood vessel shouting abuse towards Ballina players.

highorlow

QuoteJoe Sheridan's probably from Mayo so

Where did he get his English accent? Did anyone else notice this on the Sunday game, granted i had a gallon of guiness on board when i was watching it, i'm sure i heard an english twang come through in his accent?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Jinxy

He was reared in England before the family moved back to Meath.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: JMohan on August 19, 2009, 07:53:30 PM
Would Mayo be one of the counties with the most of it's natives not living within their own borders?

Most of them are in Galway. ;D