Colm Cooper & Tomás O Sé dropped from Kerry Team?

Started by thebandit, July 24, 2009, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 24, 2009, 01:14:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2009, 12:08:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 24, 2009, 12:04:18 PM
Well they have some young players who won an - all ireland u21 last year. Why he is so reluctant to use them is beyond me. They couldn't do any worse.

David Moran, Barry John Walsh, Tommy Walsh and Killian Young are all involved Indy. That's not a bad start in fairness.

Doesn't start any of them AZ . Lets face it 8/9 kerry players out of form and he doesn't start them. Indicates he has serious reservations about them. Young and Walsh senior don't count as they had already made their IC debuts before the u21 all-ireland. Surely David Moran is worth a start at midfield.

I don't think it's that he doesn't rate them Indiana, I think it's the eternal conundrum of trying to decide whether to stick with the tried and trusted, and hope they turn it around, or introduce the young lads. I'm sure Moran is worth a start in midfield, and he may well get it on Sunday.

whiskeysteve

very, very cute by Jacko. Kerry play possum while Tyrone strut.

Then WHAM...
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

mckieran

QuoteI don't think it's that he doesn't rate them Indiana, I think it's the eternal conundrum of trying to decide whether to stick with the tried and trusted, and hope they turn it around, or introduce the young lads. I'm sure Moran is worth a start in midfield, and he may well get it on Sunday.

You cant expect lads like Moran to be brought and suddenly be brilliant. Which is why I was surprised that O'Connor didnt bring him into the team from their first qualifier match.

There were stories like this coming from Kerry a few years ago too when O'Connor was in charge, Didnt he say something like "I would be more concerned if there werent fellas throwing belts in training"??? I think they went on to win the AI that year so I wouldnt be ruling Kerry out just yet

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 24, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
Shame to see Kerry in disarray  ;)

People were saying Tyrone were in disarray this time last year, only scrapping through. We all know how they ended up in the 3rd Sunday in September.
Testing Accessibility

FL/MAYO

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2009, 03:08:00 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 24, 2009, 01:32:26 PM
Shame to see Kerry in disarray  ;)

People were saying Tyrone were in disarray this time last year, only scrapping through. We all know how they ended up in the 3rd Sunday in September.

Exactly Ziggy, it wouldn't take long for Kerry to get focused if a there was a Dublin or Tyrone fixture on the horizon. Last year Tyrone were poor until the Dublin match came along.

the Deel Rover

i was speaking to a kerryman ( depressed he was and looking for a poor devil to listen to kerry football woes )  yesterday and he was saying that all was not well in the kerry camp, said there was some sort of falling out between some of the younger lads and a few of the vets spoke of a few slaps been thrown and a lot of verbals but sure there is probably no truth in it you would hear those stories when a team isn't motoring well. still it was great to see him depressed for a change ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 24, 2009, 03:53:32 PM
i was speaking to a kerryman ( depressed he was and looking for a poor devil to listen to kerry football woes )  yesterday and he was saying that all was not well in the kerry camp, said there was some sort of falling out between some of the younger lads and a few of the vets spoke of a few slaps been thrown and a lot of verbals but sure there is probably no truth in it you would hear those stories when a team isn't motoring well. still it was great to see him depressed for a change ;)

Cute hoors or what!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

red hander

muppet

MWWSI 2017

tyronefan

O Connor is just getting some material together for his next book   

Mike Sheehy

QuoteKerry Mike and Mikey Sheehy are very quiet

Until the team is announced then this is nothing but gossip mongering.

orangeman

Colm Keys reported on drivetime Sport with Des this evening that Kieran Donaghy will be back for next week's match ( assming they beat Antrim of course ).

O'Connor is definitely up against it this year. He'll be good one to navigate Kerry to an AI final.

johnpower

Quote from: tyronefan on July 24, 2009, 07:02:17 PM
O Connor is just getting some material together for his next book  

Maybe but he needs some success.The buying public will only be willing to buy a book about how a guy won the all Ireland .

stephenite

This is depressing reading, cute hoors know exactly what time of year to peak, if Antrim don't take care of them this weekend they'll probably win the All Ireland

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: stephenite on July 25, 2009, 01:10:22 AM
This is depressing reading, cute hoors know exactly what time of year to peak, if Antrim don't take care of them this weekend they'll probably win the All Ireland

I doubt that. No chance they will beat Tyrone