Colm Cooper & Tomás O Sé dropped from Kerry Team?

Started by thebandit, July 24, 2009, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

According to i105-107 for disciplinary reasons......

I'd heard they were under pressure for their places, but I'd be very surprised if this was true.

Any word of this?

thebandit

Just checking about there, it seems more likely that they are just dropped from the team...

QuoteKerry drop Cooper and Ó Sé

Friday, 24 July 2009 08:27

It has been reported today that Tomás Ó Se and Colm Cooper have been dropped from the Kerry starting XV for the clash with Antrim due to disciplinary reasons.

The All-Star pair were told at training on Tuesday night by manager Jack O'Connor due to a breach of discipline after the victory over Sligo last Sunday, claims the Examiner.

Following this the full squad held a player meeting described as 'no holds barred' when issues such as morale, discipline and ambitions for the season were thought to have been discussed.

O'Connor is expected to delay naming the team until Sunday, although the pair are expected to make the substitutes bench.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0724/kerry.html

Hopefully that's the case, players like Cooper make the championship a bit special

Mid Down Gael

Jack OConnor has made a balls of the Kingdom this year. Im sure this is why these two legends are dropped. they prob told him a few home truths.

INDIANA

Dropped for going on the piss last weekend. Could be the making of Kerry this.

johnpower

Jack o Connor was very brave to make the decision to come back and try and re-build the team . Last weekend 4 of the back 6 starting won all Ireland U21 Medlals in 1998 with an even older player anchoring midfield .
One thing that Kerry should have learnt after Micko team left the stage is that it can take a long time to get a team back up to winning an All Ireland .
What ever happened with the 2 guys in question Jack is the boss .

INDIANA

Well they have some young players who won an - all ireland u21 last year. Why he is so reluctant to use them is beyond me. They couldn't do any worse.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Quote from: INDIANA on July 24, 2009, 12:04:18 PM
Well they have some young players who won an - all ireland u21 last year. Why he is so reluctant to use them is beyond me. They couldn't do any worse.

David Moran, Barry John Walsh, Tommy Walsh and Killian Young are all involved Indy. That's not a bad start in fairness.

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

AZOffaly

He has. I'd say he featured in nearly every game.

Zapatista

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on July 24, 2009, 10:48:14 AM
Jack OConnor has made a balls of the Kingdom this year. Im sure this is why these two legends are dropped. they prob told him a few home truths.

Lets not underestimate Kerry. Maybe they are just slow starters.

marym

Seems Tommy Walsh is injured again. Same problem the Ankle. Injured it in training on Tueday nite.

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2009, 12:08:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 24, 2009, 12:04:18 PM

David Moran, Barry John Walsh, Tommy Walsh and Killian Young are all involved Indy. That's not a bad start in fairness.

Doesn't start any of them AZ . Lets face it 8/9 kerry players out of form and he doesn't start them. Indicates he has serious reservations about them. Young and Walsh senior don't count as they had already made their IC debuts before the u21 all-ireland. Surely David Moran is worth a start at midfield.

Main Street

Is it a bit late for O'Connor to be changing horses midstream?

It is a big ask to pull that off for this championship.

longrunsthefox