The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Chelsea will never get the best out of Torres until he plays up front on his own. He doesn't work well with another striker in a regular 4-4-2 and for the vast majority of his career he has played up front by himself. Benitez recognised this straight away so his whole Liverpool team was built around playing Torres as a lone striker with Gerrard, Kuyt and Benayoun providing the service behind him. I think the injuries have robbed him of half a yard of pace as well. However he hasn't had a proper break in a long time. Last Summer he played for Spain in the World Cup when he was quite clearly not fully over an injury. With a break this Summer he should be fresh for next season but I do feel we've probably already seen the best of him in English football. That's not to say that he could still be quite productive in the right environment.

Dave

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 12, 2011, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 12, 2011, 09:54:21 PM
Chelsea are like Arsenal..they haven't the balls.

That's right. The double holders have no balls.  ::)

Last season they had plenty of balls,balls of steel actually.
This season they have peanuts for balls.
They threw away the Premier League IMO..how many points were they clear before they started to falter?
They also showed no desire to win last night,Manchester United won at a canter it was as comfortable as it can get for them.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Norf Tyrone

No Ramieres tomorrow. Balls. I am really starting to enjoy watching him!

No Alex either.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AQMP

After a slow start Ramires seems to have got better with every game, I'd say he'll be a key player for Chelsea next season and hopefully beyond.  Alex had a good start at Chelsea but he has been hampered by injury this season and last.  Will be 29 in June so still a couple of seasons left in him.

quit yo jibbajabba

Blowitupref

Chelsea are still in this title race, next three games are all very winnable & by the time they play United they could have the chance to overtake them with a win.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose