The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Bigfella - Prepare yourself for the shite Ross4life bombards everyone with if Chelsea do win the league, dodgy refs, offside goals, ball wasn't inflated enough. You will need to employ a couple of analysts to wade through it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

A hammering of Liverpool is what every right thinking person wants to see. Having said that there is no point doing the business today if they don't win the last match as I can't imagine Steve Bruce motivating his team to beat United.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on May 02, 2010, 12:09:47 PM
Bigfella - Prepare yourself for the shite Ross4life bombards everyone with if Chelsea do win the league, dodgy refs, offside goals, ball wasn't inflated enough. You will need to employ a couple of analysts to wade through it.

Bellfella is 100% correct! maybe because it's so long since your lot (20 years & counting) you can't remember what it's like

United have long knocked Liverpool off their perch as top dogs in England & now Spurs,City are taking pools place as one of the so called BIG four teams! now that is the real shite you will have to deal with & analysts that if you will 

P.S Tony the same Bruce team that were 30 seconds away from beating united in Old Trafford
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: ross4life on April 19, 2010, 12:11:00 AM
i Can't help feeling Chelsea let there foot off the pedal believing the media hype "league is won" Liverpool game will show a true reflection of where this team are

Would just like to point out who was right again  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

clarshack

ross4life

I'm not sure what Norf & the other Chelsea boys think but if ye had the option of hand picked two teams to play in the Fa cup final & last league game it doesn't get better than Wigan & Portsmouth

Great position to be in for the Double IMO

Shrewdness

More than likely, Chelsea will be the new champions this time next week. As a United fan, i have to say fair play to them. They have suffered with injuries this season to key players as much as any other team. They had to cope without some of their African players whilst the African Nations Cup was on in January, and had to deal with the very unsettling effects of the John Terry Scandal.

Add to this the fact that their manager was totally new to english football, and have won it with practically the same squad that could only finish 3'rd last season.

It pains me to say it, but barring an upset of biblical proportions next Sunday, Chelsea will be worthy champions.

Farrandeelin

Ah feck it, the league is over. Wigan are worse than Liverpool for God's sake. Enjoy the summer, cos ye will be up there to be shot at again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 02, 2010, 07:02:08 PM
More than likely, Chelsea will be the new champions this time next week. As a United fan, i have to say fair play to them. They have suffered with injuries this season to key players as much as any other team. They had to cope without some of their African players whilst the African Nations Cup was on in January, and had to deal with the very unsettling effects of the John Terry Scandal.

Add to this the fact that their manager was totally new to english football, and have won it with practically the same squad that could only finish 3'rd last season.

It pains me to say it, but barring an upset of biblical proportions next Sunday, Chelsea will be worthy champions.

Fair play Shrewness but you'll never last on here with an attitude like that!

People were telling me all week how bad Liverpool were, but not taking a cheap shot here, they were even worse than I hoped. Chelsea were very nervy early on but settled into the game. In truth some of the chances created should've made today more comfortable.

So it's down to the last day of the season as it was 3 years ago. Already I am having nightmares of an inspired Chris Kirkland, and Titus Bramble becoming the new Franco Baresi.

To put the cherry on top today, Twente lifted the Dutch title with the winning goal scored by Chelsea loan star Miroslav Stoch.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Titus Bramble your having a laugh Norf  :D 1/10 chelsea are with Paddy power now for the title
& don't forget United & chelsea are both playing teams that have nothing to play for!

Chelsea should have no problem beating Uniteds "most goals scored in a season" 

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on May 02, 2010, 10:06:22 PM
Titus Bramble your having a laugh Norf  :D 1/10 chelsea are with Paddy power now for the title
& don't forget United & chelsea are both playing teams that have nothing to play for!

IIRC Titus was man of the match earlier in the season as Wigan destroyed Cheslea.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 02, 2010, 10:30:46 PM

IIRC Titus was man of the match earlier in the season as Wigan destroyed Cheslea.

Hardly Destroyed didn't Chelsea get a man sent off? Wigan did beat Arsenal & pool at home

seen them first hand when they had something to play for, beaten 5-0 that day could have been 9 like Spurs scored v them! i think only Burnley have let in more goals on their travels?

ONeill

Eh? Villa scored 128 one season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2010, 10:55:51 PM

Eh? Villa scored 128 one season.

Must be a Premiership record so? to be honest i didn't even know united had the Record till Norf spoke of it?

P.S back then would be 42 or more games????