The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 29, 2009, 10:00:15 PM
As a negative aside. This season we have seen a player struck by a missle at OT, a fan try to attack Bellamy at OT, and today a missle almost hitting Frank Lampard. As of yet little action or condemnation.

Last season a fan throw a flag onto the SB pitch at the end of a game (Not at anyone), and Chelsea were fined £100,000. Why the differance?

I quoted the above after the Arsenal game a few weeks back, and I still have not heard of Arsenal being punished. I know United got a 'ticking off'.

Will West Ham get any punishment after Lampard was almost struck by a missle today? Camera cuts to the Spammers stewards and they are pishing themselves laughing. Classy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

What about that Terry cnut?  Caught by the balls by the News of the World  :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 10:08:34 AM

Now I'm no fan of Terry but did he not raise a tidy lump sum for a charity on his own day off, so what if pulled the wool over his employers......a complete non-story...
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 10:08:34 AM

Now I'm no fan of Terry but did he not raise a tidy lump sum for a charity on his own day off, so what if pulled the wool over his employers......a complete non-story...
Whats Father Christmas getting you for Christmas Dinny?

A Quinn Martin Production

So John Terry takes £8k off those paragons of virtue at the NOTW and gives it to a children's charity?  Fair play to him.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhats Father Christmas getting you for Christmas Dinny?

An apostrophe  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on December 21, 2009, 12:37:50 PM
So John Terry takes £8k off those paragons of virtue at the NOTW and gives it to a children's charity?  Fair play to him.
Aye thats right, you are 100% correct, Terry is blameless in all this.  I would be proud of my captain selling dodgy tours of the training ground for 10k a pop and he decides not to tell his employers out of the goodness of his heart, he is such an altruistic footballer.  Sure he gives his cut to charidee each time.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 12:39:42 PM

An apostrophe  ;)
Grammer police, get over yourselve  :P

Had a quick look at the NOTW website.  It's clear from the transcript that Terry neither solicits nor accepts any money.  Non-story, though I would agree that he should be more careful of the company he keeps...Tony The Tout and two NOTW journos.  Actually Tony The Tout's the real winner here...he pockets £2k for doing...feck all!

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 12:43:57 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on December 21, 2009, 12:37:50 PM
Aye thats right, you are 100% correct, Terry is blameless in all this.  I would be proud of my captain selling dodgy tours of the training ground for 10k a pop and he decides not to tell his employers out of the goodness of his heart, he is such an altruistic footballer.  Sure he gives his cut to charidee each time.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 12:39:42 PM

An apostrophe  ;)
Grammer police, get over yourselve  :P

Terry offers to show two "fans" round the training facility in return for a charitable donation.  Happens in all walks of life.  I did a piece of work during the year and donated my fee to a local charity.  Papers didn't pick it up though!

Doogie Browser

AQMP do you really think it was as innocent as that?  I think he is a crooked hoor, I really do.
Happens in all walks of life - come on now  :D

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 12:57:28 PM
AQMP do you really think it was as innocent as that?  I think he is a crooked hoor, I really do.
Happens in all walks of life - come on now  :D

Doogie, all I'm saying (in case Terry's legal team are monitoring the boards) is that Terry doesn't ask for money, isn't given money and in fact I've now watched the video and we don't see any money.  However we do have the NOTW's word that there was £10k in the folder...no further questions M'Lud. ;)

Doogie Browser

I hate the NOTW but I have to admit some of their stings have been a good laugh down the years, the Fake Sheikh was a particular favourite  :D

Norf Tyrone

Everyone will know that I am a big JT apologist fan, so this is a strange one. I am always VERY sceptical of the tabloids, and especially the News of the World, who are so close to headlines such as 'Elvis found living on the moon'. Therefore everything I read I take with a pinch of salt.

However. I think JT has f**ked up here in some fashion. It's so unprofessional and tacky if what the NOTW say he did, he did. He's the captain of the England and Chelsea football teams, surely there is a more professional way of doing what he did, if he had to do it.

What's more disappointing is the company. A f**king ticket tout? The hate of all decent football fans.

As an aside, Terry parted company with his life long agent a few months back. The amount of NOTW 'exclusives' on his family, and him since has spiralled.

And remember, for all those posting from glass houses, who are taking this as gospel, read the last paragraph.

QuoteAs we left Bruce offered more visits to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, naming two high-profile figures who could help lay them on.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 21, 2009, 01:46:20 PM
Everyone will know that I am a big JT apologist fan, so this is a strange one. I am always VERY sceptical of the tabloids, and especially the News of the World, who are so close to headlines such as 'Elvis found living on the moon'. Therefore everything I read I take with a pinch of salt.

However. I think JT has f**ked up here in some fashion. It's so unprofessional and tacky if what the NOTW say he did, he did. He's the captain of the England and Chelsea football teams, surely there is a more professional way of doing what he did, if he had to do it.

What's more disappointing is the company. A f**king ticket tout? The hate of all decent football fans. 

As an aside, Terry parted company with his life long agent a few months back. The amount of NOTW 'exclusives' on his family, and him since has spiralled.

And remember, for all those posting from glass houses, who are taking this as gospel, read the last paragraph.

QuoteAs we left Bruce offered more visits to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, naming two high-profile figures who could help lay them on.

Does the ordinary fan hate the tout that much, I'd consider them a necessary evil. I've been lucky enough over the years to gain a few good contacts for football tickets but occasionally I'll still come up short and if a games important enough to me i'll pay a tout. He's providing a service and I'm availing of it.

Do agree with ya though its a bit messy for a player to be involved with a tout, but like ya say i'd say its rife.

Norf Tyrone

RESERVE REPORT: CELTIC 5 CHELSEA 3 Posted on: Mon 21 Dec 2009
Chelsea's reserves were beaten 5-3 away at Celtic on Monday in the first of two friendlies against the Scottish club.

In a game watched by Carlo Ancelotti and Ray Wilkins, both defences struggled to cope with the creativity of the opposition, and there were plenty of chances on a snowy Parkhead afternoon.

Conor Clifford had given Chelsea the lead in the first half, curling home into the corner after a build-up of 15 passes, yet poor defending proved costly and we went in 3-1 down against a Celtic side featuring five first-team players, and coached by Neil Lennon.

At 5-1 down in the second half, we pulled two goals back, the first when Gael Kakuta hit a left-footed volley in from the edge of the box after a corner, and then Josh McEachran made a run in behind and after his initial shot was saved by the goalkeeper, he cleverly lifted the ball over him and in to make the scoreline more respectable ahead of the second leg.

These games are designed to let the players get to grips with a European-style tie, and although no date has yet been arranged for the return fixture at Stamford Bridge, reserve coach Steve Holland is hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

'It was a really good game of football with both teams playing some good stuff, and neither defence could cope with the other's attack,' he said. 'It was an open, attacking game, with some disappointments and some pluses.'

Chelsea: Jan Sebek (sub Nic Heimann); Nikki Ahamed (sub Billy Clifford), Jeffrey Bruma, Carl Magnay (sub Kenny Strickland), Ben Gordon, Nemanja Matic, Jacopo Sala, Conor Clifford (sub Daniel Philliskirk), Fabio Borini, Gael Kakuta, Josh McEachran.

Celtic: Cervi (sub Giordano), Caddis, Thompson, Lafferty, Wilson, McGinn (sub Riley), Flood (sub Towell, Zheng, Carey, Forrest, McGowan.