Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatDaly

Quote from: stew on September 24, 2009, 07:42:06 PM
I will support whomever the board chooses to be the next manager however I dont want it to be a down man. McGrath is Down through and through and apart from that he has had less than a stellar career in the past 12 or so years, he has accomplished little in that time.

Down could have had him but they seem to think he is washed up and they went with caravan man and that tells me even they feel McGrath has nothing left in the tank.

If it were Mickey Harte we were talking about I would jump at it, the man is a tremendous manager at this moment in time, Pete was that soldier 15 year ago, no longer.

Is this the same Pete McGrath that took Down to within a whisker of winning an All-Ireland U21 title a few months ago after beating a very talented Armagh U21 side on route? Neither the petty "he's from Down" or the "he's past his sell by date" argument make any rational sense. Try again

ardmhachaabu

PatDaly, nothing anyone says to you about McGrath seems to make sense to you

I'd say the vast majority of Armagh supporters don't want him anywhere near Armagh senior team.  You point to McGrath's triumphs with Down yet you keep conveniently forgetting that McGrath also led Down to the doldrums after '94.  They are still there and will be for some time to come.  McGrath would do more damage than good, he hates Armagh with a passion

Is that really the sort of manager you want Armagh to have? 
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Passing_Interest

Nothing but the same old story.........

Yes I Would

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on September 25, 2009, 09:25:11 AM

I'd say the vast majority of Armagh supporters don't want him anywhere near Armagh senior team.  You point to McGrath's triumphs with Down yet you keep conveniently forgetting that McGrath also led Down to the doldrums after '94.  They are still there and will be for some time to come.  McGrath would do more damage than good, he hates Armagh with a passion

Has he told you this?

Carbery

I was told this morning that Brian McAlinden will be the new manager with Liam McCorry taking over the Under 21s.
The person who told me would have inside information.

Bensars

Over the course of this debate there has been more claims of contacts with inside information, uncles who know a man who knows another man. Allegedly Men who have cleaned out bookies in south Armagh  on betting for the Monaghan assistant position !

I will believe it when i see someone on the sideline

naka

Quote from: Carbery on September 25, 2009, 09:51:38 AM
I was told this morning that Brian McAlinden will be the new manager with Liam McCorry taking over the Under 21s.
The person who told me would have inside information.
;)

Donagh

Quote from: Yes I Would on September 25, 2009, 09:37:29 AM

Has he told you this?

Read any of his numerous paper columns and various stints on any other media outlet that'll throw him a few bob and it becomes pretty obvious.

Yes I Would

Quote from: Donagh on September 25, 2009, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: Yes I Would on September 25, 2009, 09:37:29 AM

Has he told you this?

Read any of his numerous paper columns and various stints on any other media outlet that'll throw him a few bob and it becomes pretty obvious.

Dont agree..Of course rivalry exists between the two counties but such a statement surely is bullshit!

rolloutking

QuoteIs this the same Pete McGrath that took Down to within a whisker of winning an All-Ireland U21 title a few months ago after beating a very talented Armagh U21 side on route?

Nah its a totally different one from India who plays cricket and makes curry...who the f**k else is it going to be you choad

PatDaly

Quote from: rolloutking on September 25, 2009, 12:52:30 PM
QuoteIs this the same Pete McGrath that took Down to within a whisker of winning an All-Ireland U21 title a few months ago after beating a very talented Armagh U21 side on route?

Nah its a totally different one from India who plays cricket and makes curry...who the f**k else is it going to be you choad

You're a real class act. Thanks for the well thought out intellectual response

ardal

Not sure if it's already been mentioned as I'm too lazy to read back throough the thread, but what's the craic with Rafferty?

illdecide

Quote from: ardal on September 25, 2009, 09:38:33 PM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned as I'm too lazy to read back throough the thread, but what's the craic with Rafferty?

He's doing well...working away and looking after the kids...i'll tell him you were asking about him ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

The County manager will be picked tonight...expect the white smoke anytime between now & midnight...you heard it here first ;D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Shortso79

Wee Pete all the way - watch this space !