Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

Quote from: rootthemout on July 23, 2009, 06:27:05 PM
interview with pmcd 630 rte radio

Missed it; did he say anything profound?
"Stercus accidit"

The GAA

armaghniac

Whatever you say, say nothing. Misinformation appearing in press, actual information about team for Monaghan appearing in public. Good relationship with Rangers and Joe Kernan.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Diet Coke

Quote from: corn02 on July 23, 2009, 11:37:48 AM
Quote from: Orior on July 23, 2009, 11:32:02 AM
Quote from: Diet Coke on July 23, 2009, 11:21:56 AM
Face facts.......Armagh do not have the quality footballers............how many of the current squad/team would make it onto the Tyrone panel?

Brendan Donaghy
Andy Mallon
Ciaran McKeever
Charlie Vernon
Stevie McDonnell
Ronan Clarke

Just the panel? You can throw in McEvoy, Aaron Kernan, a fit Marty O'Rourke, Kieran Toner, Brian Mallon, Kevin O'Rourke, Stephen Kernan - all of these would undobtedly make the panel for me. Starters, however, would be very low.
Of the lads mentioned only Clarke is capable of kicking the ball over the bar from outside the 21  ::)
Everybody knows there no sucha thing as Sanity Clause.

Orior

Quote from: Diet Coke on July 23, 2009, 08:06:45 PM
Face facts.......Armagh do not have the quality footballers............how many of the current squad/team would make it onto the Tyrone panel?

Brendan Donaghy
Andy Mallon
Ciaran McKeever
Charlie Vernon
Stevie McDonnell
Ronan Clarke

Just the panel? You can throw in McEvoy, Aaron Kernan, a fit Marty O'Rourke, Kieran Toner, Brian Mallon, Kevin O'Rourke, Stephen Kernan - all of these would undobtedly make the panel for me. Starters, however, would be very low.
Of the lads mentioned only Clarke is capable of kicking the ball over the bar from outside the 21  ::)

1) I agree with you DC

2) Can you explain your username? Its either incrediblely innovative or just crap.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

Quote from: Diet Coke on July 23, 2009, 08:06:45 PM

Brendan Donaghy
Andy Mallon
Ciaran McKeever
Charlie Vernon
Stevie McDonnell
Ronan Clarke

The only ones unable to would be Martin O Rourke, McEvoy - the keeper - and Toner - the midfielder.

So dont talk shit chap!

Orior

Nah Corn. Unfortunately he has a point. Possibly different when playing for club.

mackers

No he doesn't. For a start how many frees does Aaron Kernan kick over from outside the 21. He is virtually faultless from any angle and distance he's given.
Hope that Peter McD pulls back from his threat of this big statement, as other posters have stated, all the rumours in the papers is a bit of a smokescreen, the reason he has been asked to jump is down to the poor performance of the team not the results. If I hear of "unrealistic expectations" of Armagh fans again I'll box somebody.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

The GAA

Was he asked to jump mackers? did he not jump himself? does the county board statement of regret in accepting his resignation and the fact that they asked him to think on it for a week not indicate that they were for the status quo?

Square Ball

Maybe Ross Carr can apply, hes a free agent now according to the Down thread
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Orior

orangeman

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 23, 2009, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: rootthemout on July 23, 2009, 06:27:05 PM
interview with pmcd 630 rte radio

Missed it; did he say anything profound?

He described how prior to the Monaghan game, the actual team  and the team tactics ( not the team named for the programme ) was being discussed in a public forum ( whatever that is ). He said that he was looking around the set up to see who was doing the leaking, which led to a breakdown in trust.

He said that he and Donal Murtagh ( describing Murtagh as a gentleman ) had a very good relationship and that there were no difficulties with Crossmaglen and him.

Des made a comment that Joe had sons playing on the team and would have been aware of the tactics and team. Peter said that he was not implying or suggesting that Joe was the person who was responsible for the team being known. But didn't describe Joe as a gentleman.

I listened to the interview and wondered after it was over, why he gave the interview in the first place.

armaghniac

I got the impression that he implied that Joe wouldn't undermine a manager before a game, which seems likely enough. The end result is that he has said the someone was undermining him and that suspicion wasn't helping things but nobody now knows who this was, so there are still rumours going around. Not a good situation.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rootthemout

cannt understand pmcd interview,des was giving him the opportunity to tell who or what let him and the team down,if he has evidence off backstabbing why doesnt he just come out and shame those who wronged him,or is it another smokescreen to deflect attention away from results and performances?