All Ireland qualifier: Antrim v Kerry

Started by imtommygunn, July 19, 2009, 10:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

TonesAbĂș

Lads the game is live on rte.ie for anyone interested. Quality is pretty good.

Seamus

Why is it that at every opportunity people love to beat Kerry up with a stick? The price we have to pay for being at or near the top since 1903. That game was 63 years ago and then add in bias and exaggeration, get over it.  Nobody ever talks about and therefore few even know what happened the following year in the first half at the Polo Grounds. Kerry were beaten that day, accepted it and moved on. 

Regarding the game on Sunday Antrim have a great chance. They are probably on par with Sligo standard wise going by the league final and Sligo could have won in Tralee which was worth a few points to Kerry. Five AI appearances in a row and seven in nine years have taken its toll. This Kerry team peaked in 2006 but still we hold out hope of a resurgence. Sunday will tell a lot.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Aaron Boone

paulmacc

Typical clueless decision from GAA headquarters again. Have these people no idea about how much it costs ordinary people to travel up and down the country to see their county teams play. Last summer over one weekend; Cork SH, SF & U21 Hurlers played in three different venues on Fri, Sat & Sun. That caused hugh uproar down here and you might have thought some common sense approach might be taken in future decision making committees!!!

A Quinn Martin Production

My team for Sunday - any thoughts??  Put pressure on the Kerry full back line

1. S. McGreevy

2. C. Brady
3. A. McLean
4. K O'Boyle

5. T. Scullion
6. J. Crozier
7. J. Loughrey

8. M. McCann
9. A. Gallagher

10. T. O'Neill
11. K. Niblock
12. T. McCann

13. P. Cunningham
14. N. McKeever
15. C. Close
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

bcarrier

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0721/antrim.html

'You know as well as I do that the Kerry supporters won't travel in big numbers this weekend for a qualifier against Antrim. We will be very, very lucky if there are 500 Kerry people at that match. "

Surely not ?

magickingdom

Quote from: bcarrier on July 22, 2009, 10:26:14 AM

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0721/antrim.html

'You know as well as I do that the Kerry supporters won't travel in big numbers this weekend for a qualifier against Antrim. We will be very, very lucky if there are 500 Kerry people at that match. "

Surely not ?

that man hasnt a clue what he's talking about

longrunsthefox

Quote from: paulmacc on July 22, 2009, 12:33:28 AM
Typical clueless decision from GAA headquarters again. Have these people no idea about how much it costs ordinary people to travel up and down the country to see their county teams play. Last summer over one weekend; Cork SH, SF & U21 Hurlers played in three different venues on Fri, Sat & Sun. That caused hugh uproar down here and you might have thought some common sense approach might be taken in future decision making committees!!!

Dont worry the GPA will bring that up at their next press conference  ::)

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 22, 2009, 09:59:16 AM
My team for Sunday - any thoughts??  Put pressure on the Kerry full back line

1. S. McGreevy

2. C. Brady
3. A. McLean
4. K O'Boyle

5. T. Scullion
6. J. Crozier
7. J. Loughrey

8. M. McCann
9. A. Gallagher

10. T. O'Neill
11. K. Niblock
12. T. McCann

13. P. Cunningham
14. N. McKeever
15. C. Close

Think this is a good shout,  there's no doubt Close merits a starting place, he looked sharp and made a definite impact when he came on.

Niblock also worth a starting place in my opinion,  plenty of pace and makes intelligent runs.

Only difference I would have is i'd have Brady on instead of O'Neill.  Neither had a good game against Tyrone but just think the half forward line needs Brady.

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Hoof Hearted

Bakers ambition at the start of the year was last 12. He has now got that. He should disperse with O'Neill has a half back, cause what i mind of him he was right good forward. Nothing to lose.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

longrunsthefox

I fear poor Antrim could get hammered on Sunday. Kerry really need to get ruthless while Tyrone struggled to have the conviction to destroy Antrim. Would love to see Antrim beat them all the same... should have been played in Casement Park.

comethekingdom

Couldn't be played in Casement Park - has to be a neutral venue

Frank Casey

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 22, 2009, 08:43:54 PM
I fear poor Antrim could get hammered on Sunday. Kerry really need to get ruthless while Tyrone struggled to have the conviction to destroy Antrim. Would love to see Antrim beat them all the same... should have been played in Casement Park.

Would see a Kerry win but not a hammering. Kerry engine still running on some dirty petrol. Hard to put a finger on it.
KERRY 3:7

tyssam5

Quote from: Frank Casey on July 22, 2009, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 22, 2009, 08:43:54 PM

Would see a Kerry win but not a hammering. Kerry engine still running on some dirty petrol. Hard to put a finger on it.

Wouldn't worry about the petrol quality yet, get her off the bricks first and put 4 wheels on her!