Cill Dara v Cill Mhantáin - 7pm Port Laoise 25/7/09

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 19, 2009, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Very enjoyable game despite a serious does of small man syndrome from Marty Duffy. A side benefit of Mayo fighting their way through to an All Ireland would be to deny this shame of a ref a September outing.

comethekingdom

What a craking game! Demot Earley deservedly man of the match. Hats off to Micko for having his team fighting til the end. Wicklow are definitely the championship success story of the year. Well done to all concerned.

magickingdom

great game, mickos right up there with tom watson to still be going strong

INDIANA

lack of use of subs cost them the game.
Kildare have huge problems at the back.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: magickingdom on July 25, 2009, 09:18:59 PM

Tonight he was like Tom Watson on the play off holes.

He made reference last week, in the inrterview after the game, to the fact that he had played the same fifteen over three consecutive matches - no subs used. He wondered was it a record and as he asked the question, he appeared well pleased with himself.

His absolute determination tonight to not make a substitution cause Wicklow a great opportunity of victory. I have asked elsewhere, I wonder will anyone in Wicklow be brave enough to stand up and ask is the emporer wearing any clothes! 

johnpower

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 25, 2009, 09:46:43 PM

Tonight he was like Tom Watson on the play off holes.

He made reference last week, in the inrterview after the game, to the fact that he had played the same fifteen over three consecutive matches - no subs used. He wondered was it a record and as he asked the question, he appeared well pleased with himself.

His absolute determination tonight to not make a substitution cause Wicklow a great opportunity of victory. I have asked elsewhere, I wonder will anyone in Wicklow be brave enough to stand up and ask is the emporer wearing any clothes! 

I doubt it I was in middle of the Wicklow crowd and no body called for subs .

longrunsthefox

micko does get the best of every takes. That liam Hayes is a bitter boy the way he went on about O'Dwyer and you could see he did not impress Canavan one bit... no wonder after the stuff he wrote before Tyrone's wins in '05 and '08   

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 25, 2009, 10:01:30 PM
micko does get the best of every takes.

No doubt - he definitely got the best out of his fifteen. Geezer and Grimbles did better though with their twenty.

johnpower

Quote from: longrunsthefox on July 25, 2009, 10:01:30 PM
micko does get the best of every takes. That liam Hayes is a bitter boy the way he went on about O'Dwyer and you could see he did not impress Canavan one bit... no wonder after the stuff he wrote before Tyrone's wins in '05 and '08   

Yes Mr Hayes is one bitter man . I assume Tyrone would not mind getting Meath in the quarter finals ?

Main Street

At 20 years past his prime and 20 years past when most managers are used up, he still has more craft in his locker than most younger bucks at county level..
That was a very impressive performance from the Wicklow men and also a glaringly obvious testament to Micko's part in it.

Bomber2312

in fairness miko lost 4 defenders and a forward in their loss to westmeath i think....for any county thats alot

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Barney on July 25, 2009, 08:42:05 PM
Very enjoyable game despite a serious does of small man syndrome from Marty Duffy. A side benefit of Mayo fighting their way through to an All Ireland would be to deny this shame of a ref a September outing.
Oh don't tell me the punters were paying to see Marty again? What a odious little cretin.  ::)

Good win for Kildare, but credit to Wicklow for making such a great run in the Championship, hopefully it'll get interest in the game going in the county. Whatever one says about Micko, he certainly does get a lot out of his teams, and they will play for him. Look at Kildare in the period between him and Geezer, and even more so, Laois since he left.

Frank Casey

Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2009, 10:40:40 PM
At 20 years past his prime

I don't think that Micko would agree that he's past it.

Fair Play to him and his team. Maybe they over-achieved in getting this far but twas a great run for them.
KERRY 3:7

orangeman

Great game. Honest football and great endeavour from both sides.

What was brilliant about it was Mickos post match interview. He didn't grumble, didn't complain or blame the referee, the pitch or the weather. He smiled throughout the interview and you can see that he loves every minute of it.

Fair play to him.