Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2022, 12:55:36 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 05, 2022, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 11:19:17 PM
Gmac with an insightful both sides all encompassing take as usual... sounds like they'll let him make the jump back from truthsocial!
ha ha never went near it , free speech is great as long as we decide who can speak is the lefts position  ,what are they so afraid of ?

I see Elon has gone on an account suspension spree. . . What happened to this Free Speech gmac and the lads were on about??!!

Word is they're trying to rehire a chunk of those they let go last week.

He's suspending accounts that are posing as someone else. Surely you agree this is a good thing?

And dozens out of 3700 is not a chunk!

screenexile

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 07, 2022, 07:40:10 AM
Gmac with an insightful both sides all encompassing take as usual... sounds like they'll let him make the jump back from truthsocial!
ha ha never went near it , free speech is great as long as we decide who can speak is the lefts position  ,what are they so afraid of ?

I see Elon has gone on an account suspension spree. . . What happened to this Free Speech gmac and the lads were on about??!!

He's suspending accounts that are posing as someone else. Surely you agree this is a good thing?

Nearly all the accounts on twitter are anonymous... Most of the accounts were posing as him and making jokes about him and he's gone off on one like a dictator and certainly not he arbiter of free speech that he pretends to be.

What's the definition of a chunk?? I think dozens of people can be classified as chunk!

trailer

He's paid 44 billion for this cesspit. I'm not sure if it worth 1 billion. He has to cut costs to make it work. He needs to clean it up as well. It's a massive undertaking. It'll be interesting to see if he can pull it off. The subscription model will be interesting but I wouldn't pay that's for sure.

Franko

Quote from: screenexile on November 07, 2022, 11:50:58 AM

Nearly all the accounts on twitter are anonymous... Most of the accounts were posing as him and making jokes about him and he's gone off on one like a dictator and certainly not he arbiter of free speech that he pretends to be.

What's the definition of a chunk?? I think dozens of people can be classified as chunk!

Massively wary of anyone who calls themselves a 'free speech' advocate

Because, like Elon, they are (in the main) actually only advocates of their own brand of free speech

"People should be free to say whatever they want - as long as it doesn't annoy ME"

The best exponents of this are the poppy brigade gammons

These folks will castigate any and all comers for 'virtue signalling'

Except in November - when this particular brand of virtue signalling is compulsory

RedHand88

When it's out of 3700 I'd call it a slither  ;D ;D ;D

seafoid

According to the FT , Musk is going to run Twitter like a family business (in Tyrone). Nobody with any social media experience. No decent governance. C
Yeah, a sure winner.

Franko

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 07, 2022, 12:52:21 PM

When it's out of 3700 I'd call it a slither  ;D ;D ;D

Take over a company

Sack thousands of people

Realise that dozens of them are actually critical to your business

Beg them to return to work

If you're being honest you'd have to admit - it's a fairly monumental fcuk up

seafoid

It's a bit like Truss.
Take a hatchet to convention and arse everything up

Armagh18

See Middlesborough reported a tweet where one of their players was called the N word but twitter responded saying it doesn't go against their rules.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 08, 2022, 09:42:07 AM
See Middlesborough reported a tweet where one of their players was called the N word but twitter responded saying it doesn't go against their rules.

It's a race to the bottom for Elon...

Watch the advertising revenues drop like a stone.

imtommygunn

Reading some stories there...

Boys on call for systems they've never heard of before.
Asking managers to manage 20 people and code.
Phoning up ones that were sacked and giving them an hour to see if they want their job back.

It definitely hasn't gone well thus far.

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2022, 10:26:27 AM
Reading some stories there...

Boys on call for systems they've never heard of before.
Asking managers to manage 20 people and code.
Phoning up ones that were sacked and giving them an hour to see if they want their job back.

It definitely hasn't gone well thus far.

Who remembers the Ulster Bank IT debackle? Bean counters outside to offshore, and offshore know feck all.

Apols to any Ulster Bank IT staff, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

That could be what's coming but at least you'd be locked out of Twitter as opposed to your bank account!

seafoid

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 09, 2022, 05:00:38 PM
Not just Twitter letting staff go, Meta (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp) is letting 11,000 of its worldwide employees go, with about 350 of them in Ireland.

QuoteAround 350 Irish-based employees are at risk of losing their jobs at Facebook parent company Meta.

The firm has announced that it will reduce the size of its global workforce by about 13% and let more than 11,000 employees go.

There are around 3,000 people directly employed by Meta in Ireland and the 13% cut is expected to be applied, meaning that around 390 jobs would be at risk.

However, RTÉ News understands from people with knowledge of the process that the figure is closer to 350.

It is understood all potentially affected Irish-based employees were being informed today.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/1109/1334017-meta-ireland/

I do wonder if we're going to see, for the lack of a better term, the "original" Web 2.0 pillars like FB & Twitter going into a gradual downfall in users/incomes especially as there's a significant risk of a worldwide recession hitting advertising & potential paid feature uptakes not to mention that there really isn't much room for either platform to grow user numbers (if anything they're starting to fall)?
The rich have all the money. This means that most businesses can't grow. f**k them .