Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDanger

Quoteyeah Mc should have been dropped after that Low percentage shot againt dublin last year what was he thinking.
though its sounds like dempsey is the type of manager some mayo people are shouting for, a dour characterless team who take no chances and drag us doen to Ulsters level

You're reading a good bit between the lines there rosnarun. For what it's worth I don't think he'd be a great mayo manager yet at any rate, he needs more experience but i would have no problem being dragged down to ulster's level if that involves winning things instead of being 2nd place all the time.

Don't think GB would make a good CHB and to a lesser extent i don't think T Mort will make a good wing back. We need defenders at the back and forwards up front. I would imagine Heaney/Cunniffe/AN Other would be favourite. Where does Cunniffe play for Castlebar? What about S Ryder??

Why is Harte dropped from that team?? Thought he had a great year last year and seems to be doing well for Ballina. Maybe not as a wing forward but i'd prefer him to GB on the 40.

Only 4 days till the draw now..............

ildanach

Quote from: MacDanger on June 21, 2007, 04:20:14 PM

Why is Harte dropped from that team?? Thought he had a great year last year and seems to be doing well for Ballina. Maybe not as a wing forward but i'd prefer him to GB on the 40.

Harte is suspended, he got a 4 week and 1 game ban
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

rosnarun

I think JOM would be lining himself up to be shot if he had both Mortimer and Gbrady in the halfback line. it would be stupid and reckless .
almost the actions of a man who wants to be sack and concetrate on another job, hmmmm
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

blast05

Quoterubbing shoulders against David Brady (34 years of age)

The man is still only 32 for Gods sake - 33 before this year is out. All part of the legend. He'll be 40 in 3 years time on his 5th comeback. And we'll still probably need him though then.

QuoteThe long-term should have been looked at from day 1 and the likes of Cunniffe, Kilcullen, Cafferkey, Hanley involved.

In fairness, Hanley or Cafferkey weren't too hot in the U-21 match v Laois.
I think you have to give the management the benefit of the doubt in terms of having given everyone a chance. Those lads are all fairly young and to come in and perform under a management team lead by John O'Mahony is a big psychological challenge that may well have required a few attempts. Add in a winter/spring of hard training and bulking / strengthening and they would also have been in more of a position physically now to impress than perhaps 6 months ago.

mannix

Mayo shouldl give the media and a few big names something to talk about before its all over.I expect them to be well lit for the qualifiers and if jom cannot light them then nobody can.

highorlow

QuoteHarte is suspended, he got a 4 week and 1 game ban

I hope the Club County top scorer isn't suspended, A.Moran, i'm sure you mistakenly omitted him Barney ;)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Barney

If the players don't show up the next day with fire in the bellies well its time to give up on a lot of them.

Barney

Yes highorlow that's a mistake. He could end up anywhere just like Billie Joe, and personally based on performances with Sligo IT I would prefer him in the number 7 shirt. But then again he is top scorer in the county championship so that would be a real Mayo thing to do!!

rosnarun

QuoteCunniffe/Ger Brady (which I think would be a big mistake considering how lazy and yellow he is)/Heaney

sounds like you have given up already ,
a disgraceful comment

Barney

Firstly, I haven't thrown in the towel. The team has some convincing to do though.

It is not a disgraceful comment either about Ger Brady. For a big man he is bullied too easily as we saw in Salthill. You would feel that if JOM was to give him a kick up the arse before he went out in the pitch that it may do him some good.

mannix

Lets not resport to calling any mayo man yellow, he is an unpaid professional and gives his efforts when others would not.If he seems to pull back he should be spoken to by jom or maybe even yourself, tell him he is well able and encourage the dude.
Name calling our own is something we should not do, leave that to other "sucessful counties".

Barney

Its not name calling, more of a constructive comment

ildanach

does anyone know if there is a challenge game this weekend?
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

rosnarun

what exact part of the wild west are you from where  calling a man yella isnt a personal insult.

Barney

It is an insult, but it is not name calling.

Didn't hear of any challenges./