Benny Coulter

Started by AAAA, July 15, 2009, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

We will know just how far this Down team have progressed on Saturday. Victory on Saturday would show there has been some progress made since the Fermanagh game and after that it is the luck of the draw. Another performance like last weeks from Coulter and we`ll be well on our way.

DuffleKing

Beating a team which failed to get out of division 4 will indicate progress? Are you retarded?

dundrumite

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 16, 2009, 10:03:04 PM

Beating a team which failed to get out of division 4 will indicate progress? Are you retarded?

Invaluable, politically incorrect post.

mournerambler

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 16, 2009, 10:03:04 PM

Brilliant ;D ;D ;D

Trevor Hill

Beating a team that have already beaten Cavan and Fermanagh, two teams who beat Down in 2009, would be seen as progress, yes. As we have seen already this year league form counts for nothing in the championship.

blanketattack

Is Benny back to full fitness or will he be carrying an injury against Wicklow?

eireogatron

lets be honest Down fans, you have been given a huge rub of the green witht the draw thus far. London walkover, the worst Laois team in living memory so dont get carried away with so called "brilliance".

Wicklow disposed of a Fermanagh side that beat Down well a few weeks ago, and Micko will have them well drilled. I would fancy Down if this was in Newry but Wicklow will be harder to crack at home. Either way I dont see either side going any further than the next round.

On the subject of Benny Coulter, also dont be getting carried away with the Laois performance. When he comes up against a Tyrone, Cork, Galway defence he can be judged better. I dont think he is in the top 6 forwards in Ulster or Ireland at the minute, but not far away ON HIS DAY.

Please, no rubbish posts about Armagh etc, I know we're shite this year. I am making objective commentary here.

PS for the poster who put the snide comment about Ciaran McKeever being called to retire despite out playing Coulter last year, you have shown yourself up by using a comment by Pat Spillane of all people to back up your argument.

corn02

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 16, 2009, 08:01:18 PM
We will know just how far this Down team have progressed on Saturday. Victory on Saturday would show there has been some progress made since the Fermanagh game and after that it is the luck of the draw. Another performance like last weeks from Coulter and we`ll be well on our way.

If you win what way will that leave you with the Ross Carr situation?

Bomber2312

doyle o sullivan b brogan
o neil  donaghy  gooch

a brogan
dooher
meehan
joyce
clarke
mcdonnell
bradleys
freeman

Coulter is up there but dunno would i put him in my all ireland 15

Trevor Hill

Clarke and McDonnell on this years performances??? Dooher has barely kicked a ball and Freeman has watched the last 2 games from the stand.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Bomber2312 on July 17, 2009, 11:52:04 AM
o neil  donaghy  gooch

a brogan
dooher
meehan
joyce
clarke
mcdonnell
bradleys
freeman

Joyce is well past his best. Dooher is the GAA's Darren Anderton. Clarke had one good half of football against Tyrone this year. The less said about McDonnell the better really.

Can't really say anything about the rest though to be fair.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: corn02 on July 17, 2009, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 16, 2009, 08:01:18 PM

If you win what way will that leave you with the Ross Carr situation?

Unchanged.
The only thing that would have changed my mind was a win over Armagh, but if he does get another year he will get that in the 2010 league campaign.

5 Sams

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 17, 2009, 08:24:59 PM
o neil  donaghy  gooch

a brogan
dooher
meehan
joyce
clarke
mcdonnell
bradleys
freeman

Joyce is well past his best. Dooher is the GAA's Darren Anderton. Clarke had one good half of football against Tyrone this year. The less said about McDonnell the better really.

Can't really say anything about the rest though to be fair.

Cant agree with you there...while he has had a lot injuries he has delivered when it has mattered (apart from against Down last year :P)...oul sick note Anderton has never achieved anything of the equivalent magnitude of the horse doctor.
The Aristocrat Years

Trevor Hill

o neil  donaghy  gooch

a brogan
dooher
meehan
joyce
clarke
mcdonnell
bradleys
freeman

Also you would have to give the Bradleys their own ball, they wouldnt pass to anyone and who would they fight with?

Bomber2312

i was only trying to point out that i've named 13 forwards there excluding coulter who would stake a claim for a place on an all ireland team. You could add in tommy walsh, conor mortimer and matty forde. Now i'm not saying that all of these are ahead of coulter but i reckon any of the players mentioned could be argued for their inclusion. I'm aware that they all have limitations and dooher and joyce are pushing on. Coulter might get into any team in the country but certainly not an all ireland xv